Black Chicken Studios Forums

A plea to all modders

john

Would like a cheat mod where you can increase selected skill to any amount you want?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a cheat mod where you can increase selected skill (and/or lesson) to any amount you want?

Dear modders,

Please, please, please, please , please and pretty please with a cherry on top create a mod where I can give as many as skill points to any skill I wish without the need of excruciating training and studying.(i.e. a cheat mod) I want to explore the game but because I have to continually study and/or train I can't.

There are a lot of people who would want such a thing!

So please! A simple cheat mode for those who want to simply daddle with the game!

I missed the mod tools first time around and am looking forward to their release in a couple weeks. I'm not a big modder but my computer should be able to handle it. I mostly planned on using the tools for research, but I might put out some simple background or actor mods.

I spent three days trying to publish a mod that would simply add one action for super-studying and training )increase 3 sub-skills by 4 steps each time as well as increasing study levels by 3 for 3 subjects) and a background that would add this action as well as increasing your attributes. The program would sometimes stop when it wasn't fullyu done and finally this morning when I woke up there was a memory override. I give up.

I hope someone else publishes something like this as well but I'm not too optimistic about that. Looking back through the mod forum I don't see any indication that anyone has successfully published a mod and uploaded it before besides the Shadowrun mod (which I can't find links to anyway).

Honestly I think it's worth sacrificing some long-term compatibility with the ability to pbublish mods more quickly. Keeping compatibility with the latest patches should really be the modders' job. Of course I realize the mod tools were meant to be development tools but if you do create another mod tool later on or for Year 2 I hope you will give this some consideration.

I tried once more after making that post but this time there was an error about a "closed stream" around 90+%. I hope you have better luck Zelefis. I really only want to cheat because Compete seems to have been nerfed (I was playing the default unpatched version until now) and my savegames have all become incompatible.

Good news for you folks waiting for cheats. I've just finished writing the first version of my cheat mod. You'll have two options to choose in character creation. One will increase success chance by 100%, decrease failure chance by 100%, and decrease discovery chance by 100%. The other increases all attributes by 10, provides an action to give 1000 pims, and provides another action to increase a subskill level by 10. I split these so you can cheat lightly or heavily as you wish. Both will be background choices with no cost. I'll start the publish before too long and post it tomorrow. After testing, of course.

Archived