Black Chicken Studios Forums

Questions about items and adventures

fer-V

Wow it’s been a while since I last played so many things seem to have changed/ improved. :)

I’ve actually tried to find the answers to these questions in the forum but sometimes it is difficult to know when user’s answers apply since some patches change some of the game mechanics.

How do you eat stuff? Do you need to first identify items before using them/ wearing them or can you do that before you have the information?

How do you sell things?

How do you create/ cook stuff?

When you buy things is it possible to read their description somewhere else than that tiny little square in the shop screen? It seems most of the description gets cut off.

About adventures:

I Read the Venalicium library now has an adventure could you tell me what’s it called and how do you get it?

Is it possible to do an adventure in the same way that do the dance of fools i. e. without stopping until you fail a roll?

Is Milena di Montors ability working correctly? I think I used it a couple of times and it says a skill step was expanded 3 steps but in reality it was only expanded once like when using train.

I would suggest you wait until DLC 5 is out because that one will fix and add a lot of things. Should be out on monday without delay.

How do you eat stuff? Do you need to first identify items before using them/ wearing them or can you do that before you have the information?

Pretty sure you can equip it without knowing it. To use stuff, either equip them or have them in your backpack and a new ability like 'Eat Food' will appear at your ability list for you to activate. If there is nothing or you can't equip it, then it's programming problem and please report it.

How do you sell things?

You can sell it in any shop that is not listed as 'Catalog'.

How do you create/ cook stuff?

Haven't try it myself, but you need the require item and certain ability to make it.

When you buy things is it possible to read their description somewhere else than that tiny little square in the shop screen? It seems most of the description gets cut off.

The only way I found is to buy it and read it on your own screen. Don't worry, you can sale it back for same price. Otherwise, read it on wikia.

I Read the Venalicium library now has an adventure could you tell me what’s it called and how do you get it?

Can't recall, but I think that one is automatic like the dance of fools, and you get it by finding or knowing the venalicium library location.

Is it possible to do an adventure in the same way that do the dance of fools i. e. without stopping until you fail a roll?

No, there's quite a split of players who prefer stopping and no stopping...

Is Milena di Montors ability working correctly? I think I used it a couple of times and it says a skill step was expanded 3 steps but in reality it was only expanded once like when using train.

Here's the terminology:

SS: Skill Step. Skills need a certain amount of SS to increase to the next level, determined by the dominant attribute and a skill difficulty.

Expand random skill: You gain a permanent increase to that skill.

Increase random skill: You gain a temporary increase to that skill, make good use of it before it's gone again.

For example: To raise Running with a SS of 0 out of 6, you will need to fill 6 SS worth to raise one level unless you found something that Expand it by 1 instead.

Extra: Each skill also have a STUDY level that provide bonus when maxed, and exam score also base on that together with the normal level to determine your grade.

Thank you for replying so quickly! :wub:

So for example if I have caramel chews I should equip them and then use an action to eat? I never noticed that action... I'll try it next time.

I know about skill steps. The reason I asked is because I used tutoring services when I needed only 1 SS to Expand Diplomacy so it should have gone from level 1 to level 3 (or at least level 2 and a half) but it didn't. My reading comprehension isn't the best though so maybe I didn't understand correctly?

Thanks again Nyaa and Schwarzbart

I know about skill steps. The reason I asked is because I used tutoring services when I needed only 1 SS to Expand Diplomacy so it should have gone from level 1 to level 3 (or at least level 2 and a half) but it didn't.

It will only raise one level at a time.

Archived