Black Chicken Studios Forums

Olivia's Speech on Cyrus' Many Virtues

Scheherazade, Empress

I'm a closet (or not-so-closeted) romantic, so when I came across Cyrus and Olivia's descriptions, I knew I had to write something about them. So for my first event, I pay tribute to their relationship! Enjoy!

-

You're in the dining hall, enjoying your meal, when all of the sudden Cyrus Dawes walks pass you and nearly everyone around you swoons.

Shaking your head, you go back to your meal, but you hadn't realized that Olivia Solari is sitting quite near you, and she begins to extol Cyrus' virtues.

Her incredibly long (and boring) monologue is ruining your lunch mood. You wish there was some way you could get her to leave you in peace.

Exit 1: Innuendo. Love is blind, and it's difficult but you hope Olivia can take the bait!

SUCCESS:

"He's not all that great, you know," you speak up when she pauses for breath.

Olivia's eyes widen before she shakes her head. "And how would you know?"

You exaggerate a sigh and say two simple words: "Emilia Picotti."

Olivia freezes. "They're just members of the same clique!"

"The Dawes gang, yes. They're the only two members. Only her and Cyrus. They must spend a lot of time together."

"I don't believe it!"

You shrug. "Not my problem."

She sits there, in agonizing silence, before running out of the dining hall. @Random character@ passes by and sits down next to you, asking, "Hey, what's wrong with Olivia?"

You shrug, but there's that tiny part of your conscience that berates you for inadvertently hurting Olivia's feelings.

(+2 Innuendo.)

(+1 Debate.)

(-1 Relationship with Olivia Solari.)

FAILURE:

You exaggerate a sigh and say four simple words: "Joana Lio y Rosollo."

Olivia laughs. "Joana would say something like that! She's jealous, you see!" Your face falls, and unfortunately for you, Olivia misinterprets your fallen face for being disappointment that you actually fell for 'Joana's' lie, and says, "Why don't I enlighten you?"

You suppress your groan, but somehow you manage to keep yourself composed enough to listen to Olivia's tales. At the end, she beams at you, saying, "You're such a good listener, @Your character's name@! Now I know why people like you!"

She flits away, and you crumple into a heap in the middle of the dining hall. So much for peace and your good mood.

(-2 Innuendo.)

(+2 Stress.)

(+1 Listen.)

(+1 Relationship with Olivia Solari.)

Exit 2: Listen/Willpower. Stick it out. She'll shut up eventually, hopefully with you still in a good mood.

SUCCESS:

Olivia is actually nice, you try to convince yourself. So you listen to her at your expense. You nod along at all the right parts and you smile, as if you agree. You try to keep yourself together as her diatribe seems to continue for what seems like forever. When she pauses, you hastily add that Cyrus is indeed a work of art. Olivia's eyes widen, and she seems to be staring right behind you...

Where Cyrus is standing, very pleased with what he's heard - which is only the part where you say that he's a work of art. Olivia's eyes narrow at you, but Cyrus does not take heed and strikes up a conversation with you that is infinitely more interesting than Olivia's. Olivia storms angrily away. Oh dear, you'd better look out for the next couple of days!

(+1 Listen.)

(+1 Willpower.)

(+1 Flattery.)

(+1 Relationship with Cyrus Dawes.)

FAIL:

Olivia is actually nice, you try to convince yourself. So you listen to her at your expense.

It seems that's all you'll be getting - expenses. In the middle of her never-ending diatribe, your brain becomes so frazzled that you can't take it any more. You're so obvious that Olivia - hurt that you don't appreciate Cyrus' virtues or her narration of them - storms angrily away. Now it seems that it's not only your mood that's ruined, so is your relationship with Olivia!

(+2 Stress.)

Exit 3: Debate. There are other fish in the sea... All Olivia has to do is open her eyes.

SUCCESS:

You interrupt Olivia's speech to ask her whether she's close to any of the other guys in the Academagia.

"No," she replies. "But why should I waste time on others when Cyrus Dawes exists?"

You stifle your laughter and proceed in a calm, logical manner. Yes, Cyrus does exist, and a fine work of art he is too, you hastily add to spare her feelings. But what about @random male student@? He, too, has many fine qualities. You extol his virtues, pointing the many ways in which he is superior to Cyrus Dawes, when Olivia's eyes widen, and she seems to be staring right behind you...

Where @random male student@ is standing, very pleased with what he's heard. He strikes up a conversation with you that is infinitely more interesting than Olivia's. Olivia storms angrily away. Oh dear, you'd better look out for the next couple of days!

(+1 Debate.)

(+1 Flawless Timing.)

(+1 Flattery.)

(+1 Relationship with @random male student@.)

FAIL:

You interrupt Olivia's speech to ask her whether she's close to any of the other guys in the Academagia.

"No," she replies. "But why should I waste time on others when Cyrus Dawes exists?"

You are unable to stifle your laughter, and when you finally want to proceed with your points, you forget them, and as a result must improvise. So you end up badmouthing Cyrus, and proceed for a while to talk about some imaginary faults of his, when Olivia's eyes widen, and she seems to be staring right behind you...

Where Cyrus Dawes is standing, furious with what he's heard. He doesn't act at that moment, but you feel uneasy. If half the rumors of what you hear about him are true, you might want to brace yourself for an unlucky week.

(+1 Storytelling.)

(-1 Debate.)

(-1 Lie.)

(+1 Stress.)

(-1 Relationship with Cyrus Dawes.)

(-2 Pure Luck - temporary.)

Exit 4: Intimidation. Get Olivia to shut up... Or else.

SUCCESS:

You decide to cut Olivia short. She's totally ruining your mood, and you don't want your day to turn into a bad one just because Olivia decides that the world must know that Cyrus Dawes is amazing. Whether he is or isn't, you don't care either way. Your eyebrows furrow, your nostrils flare, your face turns red in anger, and you open your mouth to say something threatening...

But before you can say anything, Olivia becomes pale and stops talking. She suddenly rushes out of the Academagia, and near you, @random student 1@ and @random student 2@ breathe a sigh of relief. They give you a heartfelt thanks, and you strike up a conversation with them, which is infinitely more stimulating than any speech about Cyrus' virtues that Olivia could come up with. You feel much better and less stressed too!

(+1 Intimidation.)

(+1 Conversation.)

(+1 Relationship with @random student 1@.)

(+1 Relationship with @random student 2@.)

FAIL:

You decide to cut Olivia short. She's totally ruining your mood, and you don't want your day to turn into a bad one just because Olivia decides that the world must know that Cyrus Dawes is amazing. Whether he is or isn't, you don't care either way. Your eyebrows furrow, your nostrils flare, your face turns red in anger, and you open your mouth to say something threatening...

But Olivia continues on, unfazed as ever, and your threatening remark goes off unheeded. You can't seem to intimidate her enough so that she'll leave you alone. You sigh sadly and brace yourself. Somehow you manage to keep yourself composed enough to listen to Olivia's tales. At the end, she beams at you, saying, "You're such a good listener, @Your character's name@! Now I know why people like you!"

She flits away, and you crumple into a heap in the middle of the dining hall. So much for peace and your good mood.

(-2 Intimidation.)

(+2 Stress.)

(+1 Listen.)

(+1 Relationship with Olivia Solari.)

Exit 5: Observation. How can you get yourself out of this?

SUCCESS:

None of Olivia's bosom friends are around; otherwise you're pretty sure that she would be speaking to them. Perhaps you should sit down and listen to her, or you could bully her now, since she's pretty much on her own.

(+1 Observation.)

(Increase chance of success for Exit 2 and Exit 4.)

FAIL:

The dining hall is crowded, and your mind has already begun disintegrating now that your good mood is rapidly disappearing. You see @random student 1@ and @random student 2@ laughing boisterously, @random professor 1@ and @random professor 2@ looking disapprovingly as they catch Phillipe Marchant trying to bully @random female student@ - but nothing that will help you with your predicament.

(+1 Observation.)

(-1 Concentration.)

-

Comments are welcome? :blush:

EDIT: Eh, I'm not as original as I thought. Here's a better Olivia one that I found out was written before I even started: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=905

Oh wells! :mellow:

SE;

Possibly a Prerequisite that this is for a female Player as well? What do you think?

I believe it isn't necessary, but there should be a relationship of atleast 3 be between player and Olivia however, also, an additional option should be there to manipulate the situation so that the player improves relationship with one of those two, while lowering the relationship in between them, the more "interventionalist" stance in the event where the player's character itself is interested in one of the NPC-s as romance option, or just has a dark enough personality to mess up Olivia's chances just for fun

if done perfectly at the result perhaps both npc-s would be thinking you helped them while you only did things at your own motivation for your own goals

Legate of Mineta: I have been caught in several faux pas! Haha, actually on retrospect I should have figured that since the friends I make will probably change the entire clique system at the Academagia, it wouldn't ever stay the same. (Up until recently all the games I play end up with end up with Emilia and Cyrus in the same clique). Is it possible that we can do something along the lines of @Random female member of Cyrus' clique@ and @Cyrus' clique@? I actually kind of like the option (especially the FAIL outcome, where I am 'enlightened' by Olivia Solari)! :P That being said, yeah, now that I look upon it, it does better suit a female perspective than a male, though I tried to be neutral writing this (obviously I need practice).

OR an alternate ending to Exit 1 can be:

Exit 1: Innuendo. Love is blind, and it's difficult but you hope Olivia can take the bait!

SUCCESS:

You exaggerate a sigh and say two simple words: "Aveline Cincebeaux."

Olivia laughs so hard, tears come to her eyes. "And how would she - of all people - know how great or how not great Cyrus is?"

You raise your eyebrows, as if to ask her whether she's really being serious. Aveline is one of the nosiest people in the Academagia, and she's made it her personal mission to hone in and criticize everyone's weak spots. NO ONE is immune.

And Olivia knows it. If there's anyone who'd know about Cyrus' weak spots, it would be Aveline.

"I don't believe it! It would be public knowledge by now otherwise!"

You shrug. "Not my problem. Aveline is perceptive, and she probably knows that trash-talking about Cyrus in front of you wouldn't change anything."

She doesn't seem to take the bait as she sits there, in an agonizing silence, but her face begins to fall, and before long, you see her running out of the dining hall. @Random character@ passes by and sits down next to you, asking, "Hey, what's wrong with Olivia?"

You shrug, but there's that tiny part of your conscience that berates you for inadvertently hurting Olivia's feelings.

(+2 Innuendo.)

(+1 Debate.)

Jorian Drake: That's a really good idea, sabotaging Cyrus and Olivia (haha, I can imagine the character smiling like the Grinch, proclaiming, "Just call me the Anti-Cupid). Don't have much time at the moment, though. I'll add on later perhaps?

Archived