Black Chicken Studios Forums

Familiar Quests and bonuses

Ahirman

Took a break from the game and I've returned and am very pleased with all the DLC that's been added to it. Definitely going to need to roll another character or two after I'm done with my current one. But on to my question - I've been having some trouble with my familiar's later adventure parts. I've got his skill in one of the options at 9 and the option is still only red so I was wondering does modifiers like glory and flat bonuses like using re-chart constellations affect your familiars rolls? Been trying to wrack my brain on ways to help my familiar pass his rolls but that's the only ones I can think of so far.

It depend on the Familiar i.E. the Ferret haved some rolls vs 20 or higher in the Adventure Chain something you cant do without massive buffing.

So best tell us what Familiar and the Adventure Name (best the one you get from F12) so someone can look into the MoDB for you about the difficultys.

It's the Faux Dragon familiar and the adventure is titled Familiar Adventure Faux Dragon 6.

It saddens me even more I have so much trouble with this quest since the text is blue for it when I pick the adventure but two options (interrogation and manipulation) are purple and the acting one red.

Sadly the Color Coding for the Adventure List is allways for the Character Skills even if the Rolls in the Adventure are for the Familiar. (I already reported this bug last DLC)

The Rolls for the Step 6 are betwean 9 and 11 so they are in the normal range you can make.

I dont know the Attribute of your Familiar but if it the Attribute is only 1 and the roll is 11 with the SS of the familiar at 9 you still have a chance but its not very high.

Hmm. Alright. Guess I'll bump my familiar skill up to 10 then and hope I can make it after enough tries. Tempted to just try and keep reloading until it works since it's so close to the end of the year but I don't want to do that with this character. Wish me luck, heh.

I'm not familiar with any ways to temporarily increase them unfortunately. Could you elaborate for my knowledge with future characters?

Regardless getting his acting up to 10 made the skill check black and I managed to pass it thankfully. Although I had hoped he would be able to breathe fire instead of the insight bonus I got. Not sure how useful having 11 insight is at the moment, haha.

Archived