Black Chicken Studios Forums

What sort of new students do you expect for next year?

BurntBread

Summer Vacation Day 1 Schedule:

Induce Coma - Target: Parents

Use Notes - Gates

Train - Gates Spell

As much as Penne loves her parents, they are in her way towards the path of summoning delicious pudding to alleviate the starvation problem in the nearby town.

@BurntBread: Isn't sprite one of the familiar? I guess you will have to live with satyrs instead, but beware a fiendish one!

*nods toward mod tool*

I expect a stupid orc that can't speak properly to be a students next year because he have rich and powerful parents.

The collage expect him to be expel within a month or two but he did so well in Athletics and Music (in orc perspective) that he will be there a full year. He will fail the final and be expelled if the player didn't help him to learn incantation, but if you do, he's a powerful ally of strength and brutal HULK SMASHHHH!

"eye don't get it Nyaa, why do eye need inchantation if eye can do it with ma hand?"

He's adventure won't be easy.

I expect a stupid orc that can't speak properly to be a students next year because he have rich and powerful parents.

The collage expect him to be expel within a month or two but he did so well in Athletics and Music (in orc perspective) that he will be there a full year. He will fail the final and be expelled if the player didn't help him to learn incantation, but if you do, he's a powerful ally of strength and brutal HULK SMASHHHH!

"eye don't get it Nyaa, why do eye need inchantation if eye can do it with ma hand?"

He's adventure won't be easy.

Wait, there are ORCS?

>_>

It actually sounds fun. I am going to pin him down with 30+ brute strength plus Mastery.

Wait, there are ORCS?

There is goblin, so I just assume there is orc. I think I saw troll too. :ph34r:

Are there realy intelligent undead (except of Ghosts)? If yes then I wonder if a powerfull Human Mage can master the metodes to becoame a Lich ;)

Necromancy, so both yes and no.

There is goblin, so I just assume there is orc. I think I saw troll too. :ph34r:

Necromancy, so both yes and no.

There are definitely both goblins and trolls, but those have been staples of fairy tales and fantasy for centuries. "Orcs" on the other hand are relatively recent, and mostly the construct of Tolkien and later authors and RPG creators. I think the Academagia setting doesn't have a need for orcs and there probably isn't a way to make them fit without implying, "We only have orcs because most popular fantasy of the past several decades also have them!"

• 4 weeks later...

@Fletchin

Oh, Ulvia is not quite there yet.

And plus, we won't even know if she becomes Lamia-like anyway, the portrait doesn't include the lower body :P

@Exfides

Orc doesn't seems to be an established race in the current setting, and I suppose writing the traditional evil orcs nor proud-warriors orc from D&D wouldn't work too well for Elumia.

The most in-tune style I could think of is that they are ultra-minority brutish dumb yet magically-genius that can spam spells but lack understanding in order to fit the "I GOOD AT DESTORYING" stereotype AND the general atmosphere.

Hmm never did this adventure, I will have to look into it(!)

Not really sure I'd want a non-human among our new first-years... That said, if I had to choose it would be a mer-something. I can imagine the hassel of bringing a basin of water around everywhere he went. Hilarious :rolleyes:

Uh...there are Sirens in this game.

One of the student adventure had them at the end. Let me check...

Student Adventure Eduard Herbert 5 - Sneaky Sirens

The sirens seem so nice, but why are they taking out those chains? Their voices are so smooth and comforting, but why are they putting those chains on [Character]Character/Selection/Hedi/Herbert Downes? The musical meter in their talking is causing your eyes to droop, but what is Herbert grabbing that lever for? What’s going on?

Shaking your head a few times, and then a few times more, you quickly realize that the sirens have hypnotized poor Herbert and nearly hypnotized you! Who knows what they’re telling poor Herbert to do, because they’re clearing not talking to you anymore if you’ve realized this much. You’ll have to break the sirens’ song before Herbert’s injured! It’s all up to you now.

Oh Ok this one live underground and I dont think they have a huge population left that could survive and I suspect there are not much more left on this Island then the vew you see in this Student Adventure. Btw its Student Adventure Herbert 5 not Eduard ^^

Oh Ok this one live underground and I dont think they have a huge population left that could survive and I suspect there are not much more left on this Island then the vew you see in this Student Adventure. Btw its Student Adventure Herbert 5 not Eduard ^^

That's a good point. These Sirens are probably too evil to get admitted to Academagia :P !

@Exfides

Orc doesn't seems to be an established race in the current setting, and I suppose writing the traditional evil orcs nor proud-warriors orc from D&D wouldn't work too well for Elumia.

Heartily Agreed!

The most in-tune style I could think of is that they are ultra-minority brutish dumb yet magically-genius that can spam spells but lack understanding in order to fit the "I GOOD AT DESTORYING" stereotype AND the general atmosphere.

Actually that sounds like quite a bit like the Dungeons and Dragons concept of Ogres. Most were dumb brutes that were violent and cruel, others (usually considered a separate species) were intelligent spell casters, as well as violent and cruel. Again, I would rather Academagia establish its own still rather than closely imitate another fictional milieu (especially one so popular and identifiable as D&D). In any case, it's unlikely that a character from such a malicious race would last a student in Academagia, even if they were magically adept. :P

Now now Exfides! Joana is still in the school, and she is likely the most malicious thing in Mineta!

Concering Sirens and mer-stuff, I suspect that their low numbers has something to do with the fact that we are on floating islands. The vast amount of water associated with easy breeding isn't so handy here. <_<

Still, I imagine that a siren would get high grades in Music :P