Black Chicken Studios Forums

Patch 34 Bugs

Schwarzbart

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an error in the 'Dig deeper into the mystery of the maze' adventure. It gives you two options for success. If you succeed at either, it tells you only the initials of the person who solves the maze. But if you chose the Conversation option, by the next adventure you already know the full name of the person. If you chose the Research option, it asks you to figure out the initials, but you can skip that by choosing the still-present Conversation option.

Was the Detention not showing up on the calendar problem fixed? Because I just got assigned a detention one day, and two days later I got reprimanded for skipping it. I'm positive I didn't see it on the calendar. Saving the game (afterward) and reloading shows the Detention in the slot I overwrote. But I don't see any other assigned Detentions anywhere on the calendar.

Edit: Okay, the new Detention finally showed up.

This is probably related to the skill maximum issue I reported earlier, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it's different. I got one of the Merit Prizes (XVIII), which gave a bonus to a Glamour subskill maximum (it didn't say which one). That bonus never showed up. Just to test, I trained each subskill just in case, and three of them went to 11. However, there were no bonuses at all to training to 11.

Just to point out Glamour Phemes at 11 add +1 max to Glamour Spells then Glamour Spells add +1 max to Theory of Glamour.

Training Theory of Glamour to 11 gives you then Glamour Methodes +1 max and Glamour Methodes at 11 finaly gives you a new Shop.

Maybe you have missed the reports for the maximum increases?

If you search for the SS you got the increase have a look at the Skill Maximum you get reported at the Mouse over if this shows 11 then you can train the SS to 11.

I'm saying all skill maximums showed 10 as the max when moused over, when at least one of them was definitely 11, i.e., a maximum was raised but couldn't be detected by the player (when it should be). But your message does explain why more than one max was raised past 10. I did see those messages, but later in the game, when the skills were raised naturally through classes.

The Stone 'Better By Comparison' doesn't appear to be usable. It says it should give me a new ability, but having it in my inventory doesn't add this ability to my list. It doesn't appear to be equippable, either.

Also, is the number of steps needed to train certain subskills meant to be unaffected by the level of its governing attribute? I ask because I currently have a Charm of 11, and yet Storytelling (at level 5) still requires 2 Steps to train. I noticed the same with Diplomacy and one other subskill I can't recall (Leadership, maybe).

Bullwinkle;

The first is probably a misType, we'll close that in DLC 8.

For the second, some Skills have a high Training Modifier, which establishes a base number of Skill Steps necessary to raise it. The way to combat this is to lower the Training Modifier, if you have access to the relevant Abilities or Spells.

Thanks!

The Engraved Watch doesn't appear to have any effect, just like the Stone I mentioned above.

Also, I've noticed that if you select a location for an action or ability, and go back to the calendar without executing it, you have to reselect the location when you return.

Also, is the Positive Alteration of Organic Matter spell supposed to only have you as the possible target (and therefore take 5 damage)? The description seems to suggest that you could possibly target someone else.

I can't seem to purchase anything from Cailean's Footsteps: First Poet's Tear, Merchant. Attempting to buy something reports that the item is purchased, but the item is never transferred and your account is not charged. You can sell items to the shop.

Also, in Oan's questline Finding the Oldest..., the Observation check for under the Dueling Bridge can be repeated within the same attempt until you succeed.

Also, for Dismiss Hardship, are you supposed to be able to 'remove' Emotions you don't currently have? That's what happens to me.

Piaxenza Adventure 07 is missing a block of text. After choosing von Rupprecht to talk to, you get an empty display with three selections (starting with Agriculture) about pumpkins. Why pumpkins, I do not know.

Also, Durand de Thiomines's special ability Critically Examine Incantation Spells doesn't appear to give any spell except for Blotted Forms.

Also, is the Adventure 'The Game' (Hedi, I think) the end of the chain? It seems like a strange place to stop, but succeeding at it doesn't offer anything further. The same thing just happened with 'The Search for the Past' (Leopold Rassent).

Archived