Black Chicken Studios Forums

Problems with Duelling.

Bullwinkle

Okay, so I managed to figure out the procedure for duelling, and I understand you need to bind the appropriate phemes to the palette before casting spells. Here are the problems I'm having (using Patch 34):

1. I can cast, at most, one spell. In the first combat round, I bound the phemes for Wrath of the Comet's Tail (does the order matter?), and successfully cast it in the second round. After that, I can bind more phemes, but I never get the option to cast any more spells, whether the same or different. I haven't noticed any spells successfully cast by my opponent that should cause this.

2. One time, after reloading, I hit my opponent with two casts of Wrath of the Comet's Tail before the duel started (on the same day). When I went into the duel, WotCT didn't even appear as a known spell in my spell list on the left hand panel.

3. The 'Back' button on the action confirmation panel doesn't work. Pressing it executes the programmed actions. So once you push the button to get to that panel, you're locked in and you can't go back to make corrections.

4. Does the choice you make after you win (Stay Silent, etc.) make any difference? I didn't notice any benefit or penalty for choosing any of the options.

Bullwinkle;

1) Many Spells, in particular those which can be used outside of Duels, can only be cast once in Combat because of their Duration. This should not prevent you from using other Spells, for which you are not under cooldown, however. Is it possible that you cast those Spells prior to entering the Duel, and thus they were unavailable?

2) As #1, Wrath of the Comet's Tail has a Duration of 42 Phases (1 Week), so if you cast it before entering a Duel it is correct that it will be unavailable.

3) This is actually a little confusing: the clock (the button you are almost certainly pressing) is to confirm your oders. The Back button (the little rectangle below it) is what sends you back.

4) Yes...but not until Year 2. :)

1 and 2. Ah, I see my problem. Part of it was what you mentioned, but another was that I didn't notice the second spell I tried to cast had an action cost of 2, and I had tried to bind a pheme before that action, so it wouldn't show up. My fault.

3. It's definitely the green Back button I'm pushing. It highlights and everything.

One more thing: Break Dueling Circle always shows as green, but it never seems to succeed.

Bullwinkle;

I'm really surprised! We've never seen an issue with the Back button. I can't think what might be causing that, to be honest. You mentioned that you are using Patch 34? If you press F12, can you confirm that you see 1.3.4.0 as the version?

Breaking the Dueling Circle warrants some in-game explanation anyway- it shows green because it cannot determine whether or not you will succeed as it is partially a contested Roll. Breaking Dueling Circles are very hard, though- I think your base skill would have to be well above 20 for it to happen.

Archived