Black Chicken Studios Forums

Magical Weapons (and Armor)

Xientie

Greetings,

I was day dreaming about Academagia today, as I often do and why not? It is a fascinating world :P.

So there I was "day dreaming" and my mind began to linger on the wands that the students use and then a thought struck me like lightning!

Could a wizard wield two wands simultaneously? Something akin to Dual Wielding for Rougues in most RPG games.

With enough skill and practice a wizard could draw two different phemes at the same time or cast a spell with the first wand and ready a pheme with the second.

Obviously this would very difficult, requiring a highly skilled and disciplined mind, while carrying a greater chance of breaking concentration.

However, is Dual Wielding viable within the Academagia Universe?

What are the mechanics for a wands power?

Does the power come from the wand itself or does it simply serve as conduit to channel the power of the user?

If the former is true, is the raw power of the wand a naturally occurring phenomenon, perhaps the result of some magical properties of the metal and wood used to fashion the wand.

Or is the magic imbued into the wand by another magic user or through some sort of magical technique?

If either of these are true, can the power of individual wands be increased by crafting them from much purer and or richer materials?

Or can the power be increased by having a more powerful or indeed a league of several powerful magic users imbueing the wand.

Is there a limit to how much power a wand can have, or it this dictated by what the wand is made out of and / or how powerful the control of those who are inbueing the wand with power?

--------------------------------

If the power comes from the person and the wand serves merely as conduit, could the user potentially use a staff or a sword (magically crafted or otherwise) to draw phemes and cast spells?

Can raw power exist as substance? For example: Can you forge item and / or weapons out of pure magic? If so, is the item permanently created or only temporarily?

If temporarily, is the time frame estimated by the caster power and skill or does if have a pre-destined time limit, does size and shape (in the case of complicated desgins) have an effect on this time limit?

Xientie;

In answer to your questions:

Does the power come from the wand itself or does it simply serve as conduit to channel the power of the user?

From the Wand itself.

If the former is true, is the raw power of the wand a naturally occurring phenomenon, perhaps the result of some magical properties of the metal and wood used to fashion the wand.

It's naturally occurring, although you can enhance during creation or during enchantment via technique.

If either of these are true, can the power of individual wands be increased by crafting them from much purer and or richer materials?

Yes, definitely.

Or can the power be increased by having a more powerful or indeed a league of several powerful magic users imbueing the wand.

This is also true, although the more wizards involved, the greater the individual skill.

Is there a limit to how much power a wand can have, or it this dictated by what the wand is made out of and / or how powerful the control of those who are inbueing the wand with power?

It's mostly a function of what the wand is made of, how that material is arranged, and the skill of the ones creating and enchanting it.

If the power comes from the person and the wand serves merely as conduit, could the user potentially use a staff or a sword (magically crafted or otherwise) to draw phemes and cast spells?

Staves and swords can be used as 'wands', although because their size introduces some problems of dextrous use, it's rarely done. Anything with a point can be made into a Wand, really.

Can raw power exist as substance? For example: Can you forge item and / or weapons out of pure magic? If so, is the item permanently created or only temporarily?

If temporarily, is the time frame estimated by the caster power and skill or does if have a pre-destined time limit, does size and shape (in the case of complicated desgins) have an effect on this time limit?

No, magic takes no physical form apart from being confined, via enchantment, in a material object. There are some exceptions, but nothing useful for Wands. I suppose the closest you could come is a Wand made of glass. :)

I think curent the Prices are not calculated for Production Cost + Crafter Cost to be smaller then the finished product especial if something is Rare and there is some demand.

For some Rare items we probably would see a Price fare beyond 1000 pim if this would be watched. (there are many thhings that get close to the 1000 but I didnt see one Item not even Legendary that got past this)

Archived