Black Chicken Studios Forums

For Alesfa?

CremePudding

"So, what do you think? I imported the flour from Balesfield!"

Asmita Tidar hands you a bright red muffin.

Looking at the vibrant color of the muffin, you briefly wonder whether this is a good idea or not.

Nonsense. Asmita Tidar is the best cook in the school and everyone knows that.

...Oh well, everyone make mistakes once in a while.

"Asmita, that is the...spiciest muffin I have ever eaten."

"Oh dear! It must be the Alesfan spices! The flavor can be a bit hard to manipulate, considering that they have an inferior flexibility to Ziri-"

"In other words, YOU ARE SAYING ALESFA IS AN INFERIOR NATION, RIGHT?"

Both you and Asmita turn back and see an angry and bruised Malthezar Mhadi storming towards you.

Oh boy.

Investigation 1: School Survival. Where did he get these bruises from? (Automatic Success)

Success:

Who are tough enough to smack Malthezar (and everyone else) around all day long?

Joana Lio y Rossollo.

Hmmm, and judging from her proximity from you, you deduct that she just smacked Malthezar around during your conversation.

Perhaps you can get her to smack a bit more?

Open Exit 4: Manipulation

Exit 1: Cooking. Smugly exclude him from speaking in this exclusive chef meeting. (Intelligence/Cooking vs. 6)

Success:

"Malthezar, we are talking about food here. And you must realize foods from different places have different properties, right?"

Asmita shoots you an admiring look.

"WHA-"

Before Malthezar can get pumped up about his homeland, you launch upon him and proceed to give him a very stern talking-to about herbs and spices and how he is going to get poisoned in Alesfa.

Okay, maybe not the poisoning part.

As a thoroughly fizzled Malthezar walk away, Asmita turns around to greet you with a new batch of muffins.

Hmmmmm!

Relationship with Asmita Tidar + 1

Cooking + 1

Failure:

"Malthezar, we are talking about food here. And you must realize foods from different places have different properties, right?"

Asmita shoots you an admiring look.

"WHA-"

Before Malthezar can get pumped up about his homeland, you launch upon him and proceed to give him a very stern talking-to about herbs and spices and how he is going to get poisoned in Alesfa.

Okay, maybe not the poisoning part.

As a thoroughly fizzled Malthezar walk away, Asmita turns around, looking at you thoughtfully.

"Your taste buds are more developed then other, but your cooking knowledge is still lacking. That will not do. Listen!"

And then you get a taste of your own medicine.

Cooking + 1

Stress + 1

Exit 2: Diplomacy. Diplomacy against a Diplomat! (Charm/Diplomacy vs. 6)

Success:

"Malthezar, are you planning to represent your homeland by posing as a boy who get insulted and heated up because some expert chefs are talking about how Alesfan Spices are not suitable for muffins? That is definitely not a good representation of Alesfa. A nation should be proud of its land!"

"Uh..."

You seize the opportunity and lecture him on being a good ambassador.

As a thoroughly fizzled Malthezar walk away, Asmita turns around to greet you with a new batch of muffins.

Hmmmmm!

Etiquette + 1

Failure:

"Malthezar-"

"STOP SPEAKING!"

"OW! You will pay for that, Malthezar!"

"And you shall pay for insulting my home-"

"I am a very good butcher, mind you-"

"And I punch very well-"

"Hey! Fighting is not allowed in the great hall!"

Professor Kate Badcrumble storms toward you.

"Malthezar, are you trying to beat up a lady? And you, Asmita - that's so unlady like! And oh, @playername@, run along."

Oh well. At least nothing bad happens to you.

Wait, what's with that part about Asmita being a good butcher?

Stress + 2

Exit 3: Cultural Judgement. Not just the nation, but also the culture! (Requires Action Informed, Automatic Success)

Success:

"Oh, but there's more to that."

You can feel silence growing around you as Malthezar's face changes from shock to anger.

Not giving up the opportunity, you begin a hefty lecture with plenty of evidence in regard to its geography.

And culture.

And literature.

And cuisine.

And architecture.

And language.

And politics.

And tradition.

And poetry.

You finally stops when you see the jaded, broken look on Malthezar's face. It is kind of hard to continue with a part of yourself screaming at you.

"...I guess you are right. Maybe we are not as good as we thought..."

As Malthezar slowly shuffles away, Asmita turns around to greet you with a new batch of muffins.

Okay, but it still pains your heart to tear the poor guy apart.

"Oh, Malthezar? He will be back to normal tonight I guesssssss. That wassssss a very impressssssive verbal ssssssmackdown. Ssssssmackdown of the agesssssss!"

Uliva Valaresso remarks offhandedly as she slither like a snake under the table.

Nevermind then.

Wait, what is she doing under the table like that?

Relationship with Uliva Valaresso + 1

Intimidation + 1

Insult + 1

Ethics - 1

Exit 4: Coordination. Asmita, Joana, lollipop! (Requires Investigation 1, Finesse/Coordination v. 7)

Success:

You signal to Asmita to shove one of these insanely huge lollipop into Malthezar's mouth.

Asmita obliges.

Unfortunately, she shoved a tiny, dinky one instead.

He yell at Asmita as she turn around to run - you are surprised he can speak so clearly with candies in his mouth!

"Lollipop!? My homeland is not that- AIEEEE!!!!"

Ew, now you know that Joana doesn't mind eating lollipop that was in somebody's mouth.

Manipulation + 1

Failure:

You signal to Asmita to shove one of these insanely huge lollipop into Malthezar's mouth.

Asmita instead tries to shove her wand into Malthezar's hair-bun.

Can you feel the tension on your neck?

Er, ignore that.

Time to go for a plan B, and hurry!

Coordination - 1

Chance of Success - 10

Go back to Main Text

Exit 5: Befriend. International friendship! (Automatic Success)

Success:

Poor Malthezar - being so defensive of his heritage means he tends to scare away a lot of people, perhaps even more than the bullies.

"Oh! Hey, Malthezar! Asmita don't really meant that. What she is saying is that although Alesfan spices come from a interesting, exotic country, it doesn't mean they are automatically perfect for all recipes....." You begins your barrage of honeyed words.

"What, you can read her mind? I am pretty sure that's not what-" You cut him off, your sweet smile sweetening and freezing.

"Of course! We are friends! And say, Asmita could use some pointers in Alesfan cuisine. And why don't you start by telling us about Alesfan agriculture?"

Between your sickening sweet (and sweetening by the minute) friendliness, Malthezar founds it awfully difficult to punch Asmita. Not that it is his concern, now that you have shown him some much-needed friendliness.

"....And now you see why Alesfan produce so much lichen...."

"The last step of the ceremony is to place some dirt on an elder's head...."

"....There are plenty of rocks in Alesfa....."

"...One of my ancestor looks like Beatrix von Wetgen....."

Drats. And Asmita made up an excuse about indigestion, leaving you to listen to Malthezar's fairly lacking introduction of his should-have-been-interesting homeland.

Unfortunately, that wasn't even educational.

Oh well, at least you prevented Asmita from being slugged and gave Malthezar some much-needed friendship.

Relationship with Malthezar Mhadi + 1

Stress + 2

Exit 6: Wit. Malthezar, muffin up! (Finesse/Wit v. 4)

Success:

You roll your eyes.

"Actually, we are talking about muffin with spices from your beloved homeland."

"Don't try to protect your friend - I know her intention!"

"Here, why don't you try one? I promise, she is doing Alesfan cuisine a service with these exquisite muffins."

"Mmmmmf-"

You didn't really give him a choice, though....

No sooner than he swallowed the muffin he ran out the hall in panic as he begins to breathe fire!

Wow. Maybe this is how dragons acquired their flame breath?

Relationship with Malthezar Mhadi - 1

Flawless Timing + 1

Failure:

You roll your eyes.

"Actually, we are talking about muffin with spices from your beloved homeland."

"Don't try to protect your friend - I know her intention!"

"Here, why don't you try one? I promise, she is doing Alesfan cuisine a service with these exquisite muffins."

"Mmmmmf-"

You didn't really give him a choice, though....

Not a moment later he breathed fire straight into Asmita Tidar's face.

Wow. Maybe this is how dragons acquired their flame breath?

Er, better not think about that!

Why? Because to Asmita Tidar, being burnt is worse than being slugged!

Oh well. At least Malthezar thanked you for the "assist".

Relationship with Asmita Tidar - 1

Relationship with Malthezar Mhadi + 1

Danger Sense - 1

Exit 7: Gates. You can feel something trying to force their way in....

(Requires Luck >= 5 and Gates >= 10, no rolls)

All of a sudden, your finely-tuned sense of Gates begin to scream to you.

Something powerful....yes, something very powerful is trying to burst through from somewhere else, maybe even an other plane!

This is... most perplexing. From all your studies of Gates, you have only heard of humans taking the initiative, not whether creatures from the other side! And more importantly, something nearby is going to explode from all that energy being used to -

Uh-oh. Asmita's muffins. Or just the muffin.

Before you and the bickering duo stands a giant muffin, approximately 5 feet tall and identical to what Asmita baked.

It has a pair of "black eyes". Which glows with lava.

"WELL DONE, FOOLISH MORTAL! I HAVE FINALLY REGAIN MY FREEDOM-"

The muffin begins to try and suck Malthezar and Asmita in. And also Uliva, who is slithering under the table. And the table itself. And Lambert Cobo, who is sulking around for no good reason. And Joana, who rush over to try and get a bite. And Marlein Knoht gags on a piece of candy the size of a pea in the other side of Academagia.

Wait, you are going to be next! At least, that's what it thinks.

With a flick of your wand, you summon a few friendly deceased adventurers not quite ready to depart, and proceed to watch a really interesting battle.

And you even got something to remember by - one of the ghost adventurer manage to shrink the muffin fella into the size of a regular muffin for you to keep!

Wait, how did you manage to find out that tidbit about Marlein Knoht in that situation? And isn't Malthezar just going to punch Asmita after that? And isn't....

Oh dear. The muffin fella must have distorted reality on its way in!

Add Emotion: Malfunctioning Reality

Add Item: Wyrmuffin

+1 Gates Method

+4 Stress

Emotion : Malfunctioning Reality

Things just seems to go insane at the Academagia - while others are stuck in boring lessons, you are bound to your chair because it grew some tentacles and it fell in love with you. Others pretend to be diligent in front of professors, while you are applauded for your hard work because some ghost decided to study by taking control of you. Others are beaten up by goblins while you are worshiped and bited by goblins. You get the drift, and you begins to adjust to them.

-2 to Reason

-2 to Logic

+1 to Temperance

+1 to Endurance

+1 to Danger Sense

+1 to Seeking Friends in Hidden Place

Item: Wyrmuffin

Category: Food (Inedible)

Awwww, just look at this little fella fuming.

And you can brag that you have one of the most dangerous planar creatures in your possession!

Plus, divinity brought this little fella so many perks that you don't have to worry about it too much!

...Just...not being burnt to death in sleep would be enough.

Cannot be sold

Indestructible

Legendary

Illegal

Storytelling + 1

Intimidation + 1

Piety + 1

Minimum Stress + 1

Action: Wrath Of The Wyrmuffin

Each month, you can unleash the planar horror known as the Wyrmuffin upon your enemy. Between mad laughter and being set on fire, your enemy will receive a + 3 to minimum stress and -3 to vitality. This is usable even in duel - the Wyrmuffin isn't going to be taken seriously by the professors.

Funny but how about a Wit exit ?

Wit: What are you talking about ? We were not talking about nations, we were talking about cooking. And I think your hearing is going bad, just look at that ear. Come on lets get you to the infirmary.

Looks nice

Although with the Cultural Judgement part I find it strange that you actually increase your relationship with him after taking down his homeland.

Even if he does agree, he will not start to like you more because of it.

Looks nice

Although with the Cultural Judgement part I find it strange that you actually increase your relationship with him after taking down his homeland.

Even if he does agree, he will not start to like you more because of it.

Oh, typo. It was from a scrapped Befriend Exit.

Thanks for pointing that out :P

(Or I can just say DefeatMeanFriendship, but I guess that would be a bit too cheap.)

I was wondering about that, too- I thought: "I guess when Asmita says: "Oh, Malthezar? He will be back to normal tonight I guess.", she was being prophetic." :)

I thought that didn't fit with Asmita being hostile in other exits, so I decided to switch to a fellow Mordvius instead.

I am thinking of a more conventional bully exit, but I am not exactly the bullying sort...

(Mastery and Gates are just not the sort of stuff you can really bully people with....)

It'd be great if there is a skill that is related to Alesfa, but there isn't exactly a skill called Alesfan Culture....perhaps Storytelling would fit?

@Leoshi: Done. My exit seems to be lacking though.

(Coming up next: Return of a mutant MUFFIN MAN. Or maybe more like a MUFFIN GOD.)

Archived