Black Chicken Studios Forums

HELP! Seriously, this is important. lol.

Ryuichimaru

This is one hell of a sweet game.. Its the stuff that keeps you up all night. I was sorely disappointed at the end of it, I thought we would at least be able to start year

one over, but with all our acquired skills and spells from the first year one. :( Is there ANY mod, that like.. allows you to control the calendar? So to set it back to the beginning of the game, or anything similar? Its such a pain spending hours to learn spells and phemes and whatnot, To be able to set the time back, but still have all your skills.. that would be AWESOME! There's so many different skills to learn, Im pretty sure most people wont finish the game more than 2 times, and even then, Its impossible to try each and every skill.. such a waste. Please, if there is anyone able to help me, I would appreciate it! :lol:

What you asking for is to my knowledge not posible with the Game Engine of year 1.

Even worse any Mods you load require to start a new game to have them in effect.

But the team already work on the year 2 what is a seperat programm what will you allow to import your year 1 chars.

(And there we will probably get the ability to change the game start/end with the mod tools)

Haha, well that sucks. I quess I'll quit for now. If year 2 doesn't have the feature of being able to start over with your previously acquired skills.. Guess I'll just buy another game instead. :unsure:

Nononono--that's the OPPOSITE of what has been said. Considering the sheer number of skills out there, it seems plausible that you'll be allowed to keep the entirety of your progress from year to year. All they'd need to do is just tweak the engine to spit out more events focusing around skills you didn't max out for your year 1 classes.

I think, if I'm understanding correctly, he wants to finish year one, then start year one again with the same exact character who has the skills and abilities gotten all through year one.

And it's true, technically, someone could probably figure out how to make a mod that turned back time or gave you some extra months on the calander. But we can't reset all adventures and events: so you'd find yourself with a much less interesting year. There are tons of adventures and events, but there aren't gazilllions: it's sad, but you would eventually run out.

What will be possible is that you'll be able to bring the character you completed year 1 with in to year 2, and then the year 2 completion in to year 3, and year 3 to year 4, then finally year 4 in to year 5. A lot of us just create new characters (or even very similar ones, just taking a few different routes), and save them near the end for the future importing. Every play-through can be different: each collage has adventures only for them, just as a start. Try a play-through for each collage at least once, I think, and try a new character after each DLC if you're really bored or have a lot of time on your hands (like, say, me). :)

Mikka is not the only one who start a new char every DLC ^^.

I also played at last one char per DLC sometimes more and this starting with Version 1.0 of this game.

And if this becomes boring you can Start a RPG with a new Char and trust me its complet different then a normal playtrough.

So its really a lost cause? I dont mind so much with the lack of interesting events, I just want as much time as I can to research everything, learn every spell and theme, and collect every rare item. To put it simply.. the game should have been more open ended.

Archived