Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 9: The Cultures of Elumia

Legate of Mineta

DLC 9 have been released, and can be found here:

Instructions: Copy all files and place into your Academagia install folder (same folder as Academagia.exe). For example: C:\Program Files\Academagia\Mods\Content.mdm (Please overwrite all files.) Begin a new game, checking 'The Cultures of Elumia', to use DLC 9.

Before you Install: DLC 9 does not require you to create a new game, but if you wish to have certain fixes, you will need to create a new one. This Patch is cumulative, and contains all previous Content Patches, Code Patches and DLC.

This Patch adds these features:

1) 8 new Adventures

2) 33 new Events

3) Many new Phemes, Spells and Abilities

4) 14 new Items

5) 4 new Locations

6) A new general Skill

7) A new Background

8) End Story Auto-Save

..and corrects these issues:

1) Some Adventures and Events were reworked for continuity

2) Professor Badcrumble is now a bit more choosy

3) Very high Confidence now gives a minor boost to Chance of Success

4) Certain Skill Maximum Expansions were reworked

5) Several Skills have new Abilities

6) Several Item Types were corrected

7) Two unused development Skills were removed Events

8) Certain Spells were reworked to better match their Descriptions

9) Several Adventure and Event rewards were reworked

...as well as many typos.

Special thanks to the following Academagians who originally suggested or raised awareness of these:

Adrian

Akaros

Ananas

Fletchin

Jeff Wang

Jrandom

Mikka

Schwarzbart

Thanks also to the Community for these Adventures:

Botany Extra Credit Adventure Schwarzbart

Random Event Awesome Community 32 Adrian

Random Event Awesome Community 33 CremePudding

Random Event Awesome Community 34 CremePudding

Oh my gosh, I didn't expect this so quickly! I guess I better put up my ideas for DLC 10 over in the writers and modding area, huh? Thanks for the hard work to you and the team (and to the awesome community writers, yay for you three <3)!

...now I really better finish getting Ceyn up so I can start the next gal. :D

I have to say, I am amazed at the regular bug fixes, improvements, and add-ons that have come along for the game. It's something of a running joke with my wife, who is the kind of person to develop spreadsheets of everything as she plays. She started one and gave it up, after the changes began coming down; and now, it's a matter of slight irritation that she can't create one because of the Academagia's continuing evolution.

Please do keep it up! :)

Haha, no, not yet. DLC 10's Theme is going to be the Imperial Reserve...and, quite possibly, there may be a new companion for you. :)

Any sort of new companion would be good, but any chance this new companion is a familiar of the vulpine persuasion?

It's going to be an Elephant. Named Fish.

...well, it could be. You never know, and all that.

(Maybe a deer or stag of some sort? But they'd be a bit big... hm.)

The elephant Fish might not be too large, provided it was listed as a Pygmy Pachyderm. I can just see the familiar quest being something about an all-familiar firefighter force.

This issue has been addressed before (see Nyaa's World of Academagia thread)... Basically familiars can be animals of any size (with a specific example including normal sized elephants) but the larger familiars must live at Academagia's menagerie rather than in a student's room.

Hee! Forget the Leviathan, we should create a Cthulhu. :)

P̵̪͈̳͕̾ͧ̃ͫͤͤ̀h̅̐̇͑́ͨ͐҉̬̗̝̜'͔̼͇̙ͭ̏͐̈̍̂ṉ̵̭͈͕͑̅̓͗ǧ̴̯̰͔͈̠͕̏̍ĺ̩͚̙̜̬ͪ̀̉̽̆̂ͅu͈̙ͤͧ͆̋i̟̯̟͔̯ͯ͒̋ ̨̩̩m̨̟̪̟͓̣͆g̩̱̊̿̏͒͋l̲͚͂̇̚w̥͚͓̖̺͇͕'̫͖̙̻̪̗ͣn͔̖̖̒́̀̅̔̀̉͠ͅå̱̝̼̍̂ͅf̴̬͍̣̍̊̈͑h͍̯̥̑̀ ͖̩̘ͪC͉̠̯̝̫͌̓̎̅ͦ͂̚ͅt̳̼̤̳̼̓̿̍̄ͧ̚ͅh́̊͐̋̑ǔ̦̀l̸͈͐͊h̷̫̱̠̓̍̽u̥̭̮̤̲̻̍̿̀̎͌͗ ̮̫̱̒̂͐̋̾̑ͦ́R̝ͬͦ͞'̳̭̮̪̥̳̯̉ͥͣͬͮ͜l̺͎̜̩̥̙̯̔y͙̩ͧͬ̀̀̄ͨ̐͠ẹ͈̔͒̑̆ͯ͋͛h̲͍͎̩̖̩̣̽͂ ̨͍̫̼̾w̡̖̗̮͓̜͈ͨͤ̎͒ͧ͐͑g̙̙̹͖͖͆̌à̪͉̦̟͊ͩh͊͏'̱̾ͯ̾ͩͫn͋a̧g͈̘̲̪̖͂͡l̸͙͉ͅ ̪̣̻͔̗͂ͧ̋ͨͅf̮̝͍̞̫ͥͦ̊̚͝h̺̻̟̬̯̠ͦ̿͂t͍̝͓͔̲ǎ̤̹̗ͫġn̽̄͂͏̹̗͓̘̯͎!̤̤̦͓̙͚ͯͧ!̴͉̞̞ͪ̊ͬ̋̀!

Hee! Forget the Leviathan, we should create a Cthulhu. :)

P̵̪͈̳͕̾ͧ̃ͫͤͤ̀h̅̐̇͑́ͨ͐҉̬̗̝̜'͔̼͇̙ͭ̏͐̈̍̂ṉ̵̭͈͕͑̅̓͗ǧ̴̯̰͔͈̠͕̏̍ĺ̩͚̙̜̬ͪ̀̉̽̆̂ͅu͈̙ͤͧ͆̋i̟̯̟͔̯ͯ͒̋ ̨̩̩m̨̟̪̟͓̣͆g̩̱̊̿̏͒͋l̲͚͂̇̚w̥͚͓̖̺͇͕'̫͖̙̻̪̗ͣn͔̖̖̒́̀̅̔̀̉͠ͅå̱̝̼̍̂ͅf̴̬͍̣̍̊̈͑h͍̯̥̑̀ ͖̩̘ͪC͉̠̯̝̫͌̓̎̅ͦ͂̚ͅt̳̼̤̳̼̓̿̍̄ͧ̚ͅh́̊͐̋̑ǔ̦̀l̸͈͐͊h̷̫̱̠̓̍̽u̥̭̮̤̲̻̍̿̀̎͌͗ ̮̫̱̒̂͐̋̾̑ͦ́R̝ͬͦ͞'̳̭̮̪̥̳̯̉ͥͣͬͮ͜l̺͎̜̩̥̙̯̔y͙̩ͧͬ̀̀̄ͨ̐͠ẹ͈̔͒̑̆ͯ͋͛h̲͍͎̩̖̩̣̽͂ ̨͍̫̼̾w̡̖̗̮͓̜͈ͨͤ̎͒ͧ͐͑g̙̙̹͖͖͆̌à̪͉̦̟͊ͩh͊͏'̱̾ͯ̾ͩͫn͋a̧g͈̘̲̪̖͂͡l̸͙͉ͅ ̪̣̻͔̗͂ͧ̋ͨͅf̮̝͍̞̫ͥͦ̊̚͝h̺̻̟̬̯̠ͦ̿͂t͍̝͓͔̲ǎ̤̹̗ͫġn̽̄͂͏̹̗͓̘̯͎!̤̤̦͓̙͚ͯͧ!̴͉̞̞ͪ̊ͬ̋̀!

Unfortunately, having a Cthulhu will lower your stress maximum to -5, thus you are permanently stuck in the infirmary :(

Archived