Black Chicken Studios Forums

Future Years

Xandran

Thank you Legate. Sounds like you guys have tried covering all your bases on this issue. I am curious as to the limitations of 3, however. If such a system was in place, could you simply ramp up any skill to 10? Or would there be limits? Also, would there be any limits on which skills the points could be applied to, such as Mastery or Gates?

I'm also thinking of what will happen once you reach year 5. It seems that 3 would be excessively cumbersome. Characters may have accrued hundreds to a thousand or more skill steps by the end of Year 4. My recommendation: by that point, don't have a +/- button to distribute points alone. Also have MAX(40?)/MID(20?)/MIN(0) buttons and the ability to type in how many points you want in a given skill. Will cut back on having to make hundreds of clicks for a late new character.

Will the same concept be applied to attributes, such as strength and insight, or will they just have a higher starting point?

R_D;

I believe the system would allow you to take it to 10, provided that you spent enough points. The same would be true (although more costly), for the Proscribed magical pillars.

It will be very, very, very cumbersome even for Year 2, which is why it is only a possibility. Still, we know that some Players want that level of control, so we're considering it seriously.

I am not sure about Attributes, but I assume you will be able to modify these as well, although what (if any) impact it would have on the costs to level Skills I am not sure.

Archived