Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 9 (patch 41+) bugs, errors, typos, and all confusing things

Mikka

Random Event Potions 18

Something wrong with the link to Rui in the investigate option.

I am using a slightly older version (will update with the next DLC ;)) but have you looked at the adventure "This time, for real" because it seems odd - like the start is missing, or the fact that it springs from an envent I had but no longer remember.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adventure A walk in town/or city - "all the guild law you can bear"

Typo - (only 4" thick") the last '"' is off, and maybe the first " should be inches? Not sure everyone knows that it is marked thusly.

Also, off topic. OMFG that book title could strike a whale dead! (Caps intended)

Simply too quick! ;)

It was town, and "all the guild law you can bear (part I)"

PS. Loved the book title by the way. It was jaw-hangingly good :P Have sadly seen a few of those titles in my life, and usually I wish I could do as my character and leave someone else to read it ;)

Something strange in the later part of the same adventure (sadly). It is a bit of a maze of investigations and what not, but meh.

City hall adventure 04 - Took scouting, storytelling (I think both succeeded though they were blue... so *shrug*) came upon an odd exit(?) though! Either: "run away screeming", "tell the clerk about the cheese" or "remove the cheese".

From what I gather I haven't been told of any cheese ;) In the former part of the adventure I secured a letter from the poor old man whoms house have been trashed. No cheese.

Hmm I may be wrong. *scratches head* I may have missed something on the next page... maybe. Guess the cheese was on the seat...

And here I was thinking of cheese in various meanings. ;)

Minor distraction, had a fire in the common room. Random event Aranaz Common Room 8. A snake is in the common room and Catherine Chard started a fire. Is she allowed to be there, being Vernin and all? <_< I shall report her, that is for certain!

Reread the event (yes yes, I failed the last roll <_<) and there is a cheese. Cancel the alarm and give my apologize to all involved! (At least I didn't start a fire in their common room!)

Edit:

The passion roll (which I failed) shouldn't end the adventure as I believe, it should redirect to the next part as you still get the thingamagic that lets you continue... yeah sorry for all the fuss.

I can still imagine if this is due to me having an older version :unsure: anywho...

Minor distraction, had a fire in the common room. Random event Aranaz Common Room 8. A snake is in the common room and Catherine Chard started a fire. Is she allowed to be there, being Vernin and all? <_< I shall report her, that is for certain!

One of the Avila events (I think the one where Rui's playing around with some sort of stink or fire bomb and your character has to use Leadership or Command to make them shut up?) mentions that common-rooms are where students are allowed to meet with out-of-collage friends. Though the impression the game does seem to give is that they're for one collage only. You certainly never learn about other common rooms in normal play, in any case: being 10 with a member of another collage doesn't alert you of them. >.>

Got the Enchanted Ruby from Durand's adventure, and can't figure out how to get the stats. It won't go in my hand or my misc slots... and certainly not in the book, coat, or ring slots, which are the only other ones I have.

That leads to another, which I guess is not a bug, but as I really didn't have much else to say, I figure it can go here. In Durand's Adventure, obviously Durand is using the Tome and the Ruby for the spell. In Ana's adventure, you can give the whisker to the Sphinx. In Cyrus's adventure, he gives you his pocketwatch for you to get fixed and then he's going to go on his date with it. Yet you keep in your inventory the tome, ruby, whisker, and pocketwatch (Cyrus's is most amusing, as it specifically notes his name on the pocketwatch itself). While it's nice to have the item rewards, it also seems a bit weird. Having those items when you've done something with them sort of breaks continuity. Though they are nice.

I didn’t identify the Chocolate Chip Cookie (in this case, given to me by Hedi’s Regent’s wife). I then shared it with another character. It didn’t go away. It’s like an infinite stack of one cookie! Which is awesome, but probably not intended.

The Drake from Animal Pen 4 claims one of its feathers will make you better at math (In the Beguile exit, I believe). It actually improves scouting, which doesn't seem very mathy.

Random Event Music 2, Engineering fail- ProfessorChastellain is well, listed like that. No space.

Student Adventure Vrenelle 01, “…give them something they haven’t seen before.If we can do that, maybe that’ll inspire them to get some more on their own.” , needs a space. Would also be nice if you were informed of the Aranaz common room, considering you’re hanging out in there planning. >.> Also, the first two or three pages have normal spaces (one return between paragraph), while the rest of the adventure has huge spaces (one paragraph per page). It’s ten pages, but it probably only needs to be five or seven if those extra spaces were cut.

In the quest "Icanicix's Class Reunion", which is the last of the "Godina's East Tower" chain, the difficulty for the three options (Incantation Spells x2 and Reason) seems to be set to impossible (purple), although it is listed as red in the Adventure selection window (that's with skill levels of around 10-12, and attributes of 6). When I boosted skills up to 18, it was still purple in the actual quest and after 10 saves and loads, I conclude 'not doable'. Unless this particular quest needs very high scores, I guess it is bugged (also because the adventure selection window lists it differently).

Sacrificing a member gets you past anyway, but you miss out on the last part of the tale sadly (which is in general something to consider? To let the player see the rest of the text, eventhough he gets past by sacrificing).

Archived