Black Chicken Studios Forums

Amada

AmberGray

I've reached what I think is the end of the Amada questline, the Final Stretch, and I'm pleased to discover it's blue. Which it should be, because my character has twelve persuasion... somehow... and ten in all of her glamor abilities. But when I go to the mission nothing I choose works and all abilities are red or black. Even when I go to locations which raise these attributes, nothing changes. Is this deliberate? Or am I bugged?

AmberGray;

I just checked Amada's Adventure- and the Difficulties are all fairly high: 17, although the Confidence option is 13 (probably what caused the Adventure to appear as Blue to you). The Final Stretch isn't actually her last one- there's one more, after.

As to the kinds of preparations, there are several: you can cast Spells, or use Abilities and Actions to boost your Skills and Attributes, you can visit Locations to do the same, and you can purchase Items and equip them to boost your stats as well. Also, depending on where you are in the game, your Clique members and your Familiar may be able to help you as well. Additionally, you can raise your Attributes through Study and Research, which also can improve your chances of success. The fan wiki provides a good intro to what kinds of things raise which Skills and Attributes, but you will also need to look over what you have access to at the moment.

There are a lot of strategies to surpass high Difficulties, but it's definitely the case that raising your Skills to the cap will not help you beat the later stages of almost every Adventure in the game.

Let me know if that helps! :)

AmberGray;

Well, there are two kinds of raises for Skills- the permanent ones, such as from the Action Train, cannot help you once you are at Maximum. Once you are there, you will need Increases, which are temporary, but ignore Maximums. These usually come from the sources I outlined above, especially Spells. Since your character is bound to be completely unique, based on the choices you have made, you will need to review what you have to see what can help you. The fan wiki can also assist you somewhat in planning how to overcome those high difficulties.

It's definitely hard to complete these, but on the other hand, Adventures are how you can change the Academagia and its students in Year 2. :)

Good luck, and have fun!

So, I skipped three classes and used spells and phemes to raise my persuasian level to a hypothetical maximum of 20. Not only, when I checked my skill box for Persuasian, was it still saying '12', but when I went to try it out anyway the action was still in red. =/ I don't want to throw a clique member at this since I want to see the results, since the game is amazingly well written and cheating like that cheats me out of seeing them. But I'm running out of options. =/

AmberGray;

That does not sound like correct behavior at all!

I'd like to double check two things with you:

1) Which Spells and Phemes did you use (and was your casting a success?)

2) Which version of the game are you using? You can check this by pressing F12 and observing the numbers in the bottom left hand corner. If you are currently Patched, you should see: 1.4.4.0.

Let me know, and thanks!

It worked! I don't know what I did wrong before, maybe I failed and didn't notice it, but I got my persuasion up to 16 and passed the adventure! Except for that part with the dancing. Oh well, looks like I need to track down some spells and phemes for that. Silly of me, really. It is a college of magic.

Err... actually, never mind. It seems to have happened again. =/ I tried to cast Little Delirium, using a compression theme, on Marchand, and it succeeded, but my dancing skill didn't go up. Does the spell matter depending on what pheme you use?

Archived