Black Chicken Studios Forums

Second Year

Monteverdi

Legate, I was just curious if there's anything the developers can tell us (yet) about changes in the second year game, and when approximately it might be expected to hit.

That's the generic question. More specifically for myself, I'd add the following questions:

Will the visual interface be the same, or redesigned?

Will the music be different, or the same?

In advance, thanks for anything you can share.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned in a other Post just a vew hours bevore year 2 probably will be released end of next year so everything they tell us now about year 2 wouldn't be anything fixed.

There will be a major redesign from what I have learned so fare. (Scaling, Map where you go ect.)

Unsure, but I doubt they will use the same music again because that means they probably have to buy it again.

As mentioned in a other Post just a vew hours bevore year 2 probably will be released end of next year so everything they tell us now about year 2 wouldn't be anything fixed.

I don't see a thread title that deals with the issues I raised, but in any case, I am grateful for your response. -So end of 2012? Pity; we were hoping for end of this year. But small companies make slow progress on big games, and this is definitely a big game.

There will be a major redesign from what I have learned so fare. (Scaling, Map where you go ect.)

Excellent news. Hopefully, just static artwork will be employed, and no voices. That would hold down costs on features that add little to nothing for the target market, while reserving attention for the areas that really need it, in my opinion.

Unsure, but I doubt they will use the same music again because that means they probably have to buy it again.

Well, but they could buy whatever renditions of classical compositions they chose again, if they want, and I'm hoping they won't. Because these added no distinctive flavor to the game, while merely cycling through. Not that new music need be employed, but with so many centuries of music available, it would be just as easy to focus on a particular era, instrumental format, and (where required) emotional sense, as it would be to buy Dvorak's Ninth, Boccherini's Night Music of Madrid, or Mendelssohn's Hebrides Overture, once more.

• 2 years later...

I'm looking forward to continuing those crazy adventures my characters had.

I'm not 100% sure about my Durand student that ended up in the informary almost once a week tough :D

But if nothing else it was an interesting perspective compared to my more goal oriented characters that picked up all those survival essential skills. funny thign is, that Durand Student was trying it's best to avoid trouble. Though I guess it was fairly feeble and was doing too much "useless" messing around in the city and neglecting important stuff.

Looking back at it, I'm impressed at how many time that character ended up in the infirmary.

Then I made a few new characters and the last few characters got insane skillcaps and thousands or tens of thousands of pims.. Admittedly, I didn't explore Adventures during the first 2 playthroughs, I was mostly exploring skills, abilities and spells.

So from hopeless to top of the class with lots of crazy adventures completed :)

Also, I'm looking forward to visiting the characters family.

Will it be a short visit or will we be staying for a few days and have the ability to do family adventures and such? Perhaps help mommy cook or the kitchen staff(depending on what kind of family you got maybe). Or prepare parties, perhaps help with sending out invitations to guests.

Or maybe your family needs help with their bookkeeping due to problems with taxes or just to keep things organized. Or help out with the family farms "problems", or whatever.

Will that choice you make at the end of Academagia "1" affect what your summer will be like?

I know there were options like, your summer will be full of "Life of luxurty(wealthy)" or "Extravagance(noble)" or "magic(wizards in the family)", will that pick in year one affect what will happen in year 2 or are we still somewhat free to pick activities of there are multiple options?

Black sheep might be taking their revenge, people who are from a very distant place might live with an uncle or some relative?

Albert;

You're traveling/with your relatives for ~2 months, I believe, so there is some time for adventure... ;)

The end decisions of Y1 don't impact Y2, as you will simply play that out, if that makes sense.

Family adventures sounds fun :) I'm really looking forward to some out of school stuff!

Heh, heh!

You’ve assembled a team, but [Character: Philippe Marchant] has more ideas. “It’s not just the people in our class that Dexter terrorizes,” he says. “He bullies his own classmates, too! Sometimes even his friends!”

“I know what that’s like,” you mutter under your breath.

“What was that?” [Character: Philippe Marchant] asks.

“Oh, nothing.”

Archived