Black Chicken Studios Forums

Second Year

Monteverdi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This makes me think of one of the -1 picks I almost always picked, Bitter enemies. It was relatively easy to recover that animosity if you wanted to.

Anyway, that would be a nice part of your journey back home... You encounter those older bullies again, but this time you are stronger than the last time before you gained all you magic and other skills like wrestling and bullying and compete and all other strategy, and raid skills and what not.

Time for payback? Or perhaps you're just a lot better at talking them down this time. It was an interesting part of the getting to school, why not have them showup for the return journey! You just happen to run across that gang again. After all, you likely traveled the same roads and places to get to the Academagia.

So it don't look good that we get Year 2 in 2013?

I want it to be good, but I really hope I get to play it soon :) It goes both ways. Quality is, good, getting it is great, and if there are issues then it will hopefully be adressed and updated just like Year 1 was :)

I really like the Academagia setting, there is room for both the relaxed slacker student and nobody and the superheroic heroes or society lions or a mixture of all of them. Or a student so stuck in his books that he/she barely notices if half the school is washed away by a flood, if that happen's then he/she might just put up a magic shield/forcefield around themself and their favrite reading chair and keep reading leaving the problems for others to handle... I got an exam tomorrow!(attitude)

I wonder if that last type of student would annoy the professors or Orsi, one of the most talented Wizard students is just sitting there ignoring the strife of others, he/she could have helped with ease but completely ignores everything going on.

So, on one hand they don't generaly want students to take unnessesary risks, but at the same time they are trying to teach them to be helpful, or at least some of the professors are.

Schwarzbart;

From what I know now, it appears that it will slip into 2014. I'm still waiting for the official word, though.

Albert;

We do plan to support Y2 as we supported Y1, but we feel it's best to release Y2 in the best quality state we can. We did that for Y1, and there is still plenty of room for improvement- we want to make sure we've learned everything we can, and put that learning into Y2. :)

Technical question time! I bought academagia ages ago on Impulse - it's now called GamersGate or something like that.

However, I don't really use it any more. I've switched over to Steam or rarely GoG.

If I buy year2 when it comes out on steam, will I be able to transfer over saves from the Impulse version of Year1?

Schwarzbart;

Yes, the latest iteration was completed, but it's going to slip into 2014. I haven't been given an official date yet, but I would think 1Q. As usual, I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Free;

Yes. :)

Leoshi;

I'm sure the release wouldn't be Steam exclusive, unless Valve demanded it- but I'm not aware of any other title that's happened to!

Archived