Black Chicken Studios Forums

Second Year

Monteverdi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine most active gates users would be dedicated enough to keep it going by donation of time and resources, even from a selfish point of view you gain access to rare/unique books and some of the most skilled gates users in the world to discuss and research with and it offers you shelter and protection from the authorities. I do wonder though, how many of them are cut off from society and how many lead double lives?

And how many people does our characters even meet on the school? As I understood it there aren't many kids there, perhaps even just the two you meet initially?

1) Can Year 2 check in adventures / events if the player is in a Clique?

2) Can Year 2 split the Pims rewards of a adventure between a clique?

3) Can the engine of year 2 check who of the player clique is shortest in money and set this person as actor for the adventure?

4) Will there Flying Carpet and such available to buy / craft in year 2?

Schwarzbart;

1) Can Year 2 check in adventures / events if the player is in a Clique?

I believe so.

2) Can Year 2 split the Pims rewards of a adventure between a clique?

Oh no- that's an awesome idea, though.

3) Can the engine of year 2 check who of the player clique is shortest in money and set this person as actor for the adventure?

I don't think that's an Actor, no. Interesting idea!

4) Will there Flying Carpet and such available to buy / craft in year 2?

I believe yes. :)

So, and adventure where the student that's shortest on money is pointed out... Can't wait to see Cathering pointed out as the poor student! (fills the pockets of the other students of the clicque)

Now, what happens next! Surely that's a situation that would make someone like Catherine(Vernin) to feel uneasy.

Also, this reminds me, there is an event where you go to the Hall where students eat and you got two options, the messy noisy table or the table with snobby Vernin students.

If you got good etiquete and/or the right background, and/or you happen to be a Vernin student.... Shouldn't that make it possible to join their table without a terrible backlash? I havn't really got anything against the other students, but shouldn't there be an option available to make that work. Perhaps the Heraldry parrent skill should work, if you're good at intrigue, politics, etiqete, diplomacy, worldliness, thoset type of things. Then you should be able to do ok even if the meatloaf isn't the flashiest of meals.

Suceeding at this should allow you get get a relationship point with one of them. Perhaps Catherine. In the end it's still harder to accomplish than the alternative that rewards you with a relationship point with pracaticly no effort. It could even award you one point of Etiqete, by sucessfully observing them and spending some time with them (unless ofcourse you're maxedout already.)

1) Is the ability to change the College still planed for year 2?

1b) What is the requirement to do so?

2) Because there is no failure in year 1 how will this go along with the core class for Year 2?

I.e. I expect the Familiar Handling class of Morvidus require certain Zoology knowledge or the Artifice class of Vernin some Enchant knowledge.

3) What College is known for the deepest focus on Ley Lines?

4) What is the core focus of each College that will keep even till year 5?

(I think Avila = Astrology or maybe Ley Line, Durand = Negation, Godina = Incantation, Hedi = Glamour, Morvidus = Familiar and Vernin = Artifice but I might be wrong)

5) Maybe some common historical year 5 focus of each College would be interesting if you could share

Schwarzbart;

1) Yes

1b) It's important not to have a bad Relationship with the Regent, and you have to have good Skills in the College's area of focus.

2) For those already in the College, entrance requirements are waived.

3) None! Currently. :)

4) You are essentially right, Avila being Astrology.

5) Sure, I'll ask!

4) What is the core focus of each College that will keep even till year 5?

(I think Avila = Astrology or maybe Ley Line, Durand = Negation, Godina = Incantation, Hedi = Glamour, Morvidus = Familiar and Vernin = Artifice but I might be wrong)

4) You are essentially right, Avila being Astrology.

What is the long-term focus of Aranaz then? The description says it once championed Orthography which was folded into Glamour and Artifice. Artifice belongs with Vernin and Glamour with Hedi, though it seems Orthography is still taught albeit not as a separate discipline.

Is Orthography revealed to be increasingly useful over the years or will it stay a niche skill?

It seems to be a specialized type of Enchant/Artifice, does it work in a truly different way?

Archived