Black Chicken Studios Forums

Negative emotions

Darkhawk

I cast "Embracing Excess" so that I got the "Excessive" emotion (-1 Insight), and on top of that, the cruel Phillippe did something to me so that I got the "Slightly Queasy" emotion (-1 Insight). Resting does not remove those, and they are not listed under "Abilities and Actions", so I cannot see how to remove them. Is this a bug, or did I miss something? :)

Darkhawk;

These are Afflictions, and should indeed be removed upon resting. I've just tried them in my test game, and they do function correctly- I am beginning to think that there may be a issue with the reserialization we did in Patch 46 for the Praetexta Court and older games. Just in case, can you pm me a RapidShare link to your save?

Edit: Slightly Queasy is a Poison; you'll need a specific remedy to remove that one.

Edit2: Just in case, which version of the game did you originally create this save in? Let me know when you can, and thanks!

The save I already sent to you should contain both of these I think, just didn't think much of them until I rested and they didn't disappear (no, my char doesn't rest often ;)) - tell me if you need an updated save though.

I had the "Excessive" affliction disappear by getting a +1 to Insight from an adventure. Also, I got "Goosebumps" at around the same time, though I can't see where that came from.

Archived