Jump to content
Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CremePudding

Here's a gift!

Recommended Posts

Prerequisites:

Luck >= 3

Explore >= 5

 

Main Text

You just can't help it - the forest calls out to you.

Your willpower, curiosity and your experience at exploring convince you to to abandon your much-needed sleep.

 

You just can't help it - the forest calls out to you.

Your cunning, sneakiness and your experience at sneaking out at night allows you to slip by the ever-alert tattletale Cosetta Re unnoticed.

 

You just can't help it - the forest calls out to you.

And luck is on your side for the ever-vigilant Professor Oliver Storey is distracted by Professor Marlein Knoht's temper tantrum at Ana Flavia Bessa for ruining her experiment on The Effects of Pancakes on Disk-shaped Grease Incantations by stepping on said pancakes in utter darkness.

 

...Okay, maybe that last bit had something to do with the poor girl's own abyssal misfortunes.

 

A dazzling array of colorful lanterns, a gigantic toadstool with a equally impressive feast set upon it, and the sound of faerie wings fluttering...

 

It seems that you have found your way into a party hosted by fairies - and probably a extravagant one at that. But what special occasions call for such a celebration?

 

"Oh, hi! You are just in time for our farewell party!" As if answering your thought, a fairy fly into your sight, smiling.

 

"A farewell party? Is someone moving away?"

 

"Not just someone. All of us here are moving!" She begins to flutter up and down in excitement. "Say, do you have a gift for us?"

 

Drats. Why didn't the forest also ask for a gift when it is calling out for you to visit the faeries!?

 

"I invited a bunch of satyrs," she giggles. "so you humans better cough up real gifts, not just some intangible tunes and jokes!"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit 1: Just give up something. (Lose one common item, automatic success)

Success:

Unprepared and devoid of ideas, you gingerly give the faerie the first thing you pull out of your rucksack.

 

"Much appreciated! Help yourself to the food!" The faery casually throw it onto a pile of assorted gifts nearby.

 

The rest of the party was a blur. Probably had something to do with the satyrs forcing everyone to dance, but at least the food was really good!

 

Exit 2: Maybe the fairy would like a talking muffin? (Requires Muffin Man, automatic success)

Success:

Hesitantly, you pull out your friendly talking muffin.

 

"Man, I love your hair! And how little you wear! Wanna..."

 

The fairy look at the muffin incredulously, then at you.

 

"For me? For real?"

 

"Uh....yes?"

 

"Yay! You are totally the best!" The fairy happily flies away, muffin tight in crutch.

 

You walk away to help yourself to the food. Hmmmmm-

 

"Oh yeah, I love you too lady... AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

 

The muffin's scream persist throughout the whole party. You gathers from the other guests that the fairy was an avid collector of partially eaten Muffin Men.

 

"Don't feel so bad," an old satyr pats you on the back during the end of the party, "You are contributing to her defenses against the dark fairies!"

 

Exit 3: Architecture. Design a home!

Success:

The fairy's eyes widen at your suggestions.

 

"I always wanted to live in something like the Vernin Towers!" She squeals excitedly.

 

Sure, you told her. As long as she follows your design, she can built one in whatever place she is living. She can even build it with gold if she's filthy rich!

 

"I want a moat you can sleep in, plus a kitchen that shoots junk at dark fairies..."

 

And so, you smiled, you drew, you drafted, you feasted and danced and be merry.

 

Failure:

The fairy's eyes widen at your suggestions.

 

"I always wanted to live in something like the Vernin Towers!" She squeals excitedly.

 

What? You are just a kid! You are not that good! The tower might crumbles and kill her!

 

"You are trying to kill me? Hey, guys, this kid is threatening me!"

 

Ouch.

 

Exit 4: Jeweler. Offer to craft something beautiful for her.

Success:

"I want a crown! No, a tiara! Oh, no, a diadem!" She pulls out a boulder-sized ruby from thin air, "And you can make it with this junk!"

 

Woah. That's going to be challenging.

 

A wonderful chance though. Not many get the chance to mess around with a boulder-sized ruby!

 

A cut there and there, and you are done!

 

Speaking of which... where is the fairy?

 

"Look at me! Look at me!" The fairy is already showing off the diadem obnoxiously by dancing on the head of other, larger guests.

 

Failure:

"I want a crown! No, a tiara! Oh, no, a diadem!" She pulls out a boulder-sized ruby from thin air, "And you can make it with this junk!"

 

Woah. That's going to be challenging. What is a diadem anyway?

 

"Oh, by the dragons," she sighs. "This!"

 

She throw a tiara-like object at you, hitting you squarely in the forehead and knocking you out.

 

Ouch!

 

Exit 5: Painting. Portrait or caricature?

Success:

You are a good painter - at least, that's what your reputation seems to resemble.

 

"But, what are you going to paint with?"

 

No matter! You are a master at painting - you are good, and you are going to paint like a master even if you are painting with dirt on the ground!

 

It is exhausting though. The fairy's jaw keep dropping at your incredible performance, and boy, is it hard to draw a portrait when your subject's jaw drops for the hundredth time.

Failure:

You are a good painter - at least, that's what you think.

 

"But, what are you going to paint with?"

 

You are good! You are going to paint on the ground with just dirt!

 

Easier said than done. The fairy is amused by your futile effort though.

 

Exit 6: Archaeology. You are in a magical forest. Look around, you might find something.

Success:

Mineta, the Academagia, and the ground surrounding it is full of history - this forest included.

 

Perhaps you can dig up an ancient gift, right here?

 

"Hey, there's no need to dig your way out! You can just walk away if you don't want to stay!"

 

Ignoring her, you keep on digging.

 

What is this? A doll?

 

Well, it will suffices. You mumble something incoherent about having buried this in the first place for the (now squealing excitedly) fairy and hand the dirty doll to her.

 

...Seriously? A doll of William Vickery a tiny flower costume? Who made that in their right mind?

Failure:

 

Mineta, the Academagia, and the ground surrounding it is full of history - this forest included.

 

Perhaps you can dig up an ancient gift, right here?

 

"Hey, there's no need to dig your way out! You can just walk away if you don't want to stay!"

 

Ignoring her, you keep on digging.

 

...

 

Nope, you couldn't find anything. Sour-faced, you returned to the Academagia, where you spend the whole night washing off the dirt on your hands.

 

Ow! It seems quite a few unfriendly worms had made their marks on your hands, too!

 

==========

*ran out of uncommon skills, is considering adding Accounting to the mix*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This:

 

"The Effects of Pancakes on Disk-shaped Grease Incantations"

 

...sounds exactly like the kind of thing grants are awarded for at the Academagia. :)

 

You will be seeing that again soon when I finish the event it was made for :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pure Luck or Archeology.

 

You are in a magical forest. Look around, you might find something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...