Black Chicken Studios Forums

Unlocked ability not displaying

Kithal

Hello, I apologize if this has already been asked; I did a quick search through the forums and the wiki but didn't see anything. I'm still pretty new to the game so I'm still learning the ins and outs, so I hope this is just something I'm overlooking:

I noticed that a few weeks ago (in-game) my character had learned the ability to "Research Revision Spells", to which I said "Awesome!" because my spell selection still kinda sucks at this point. However, when I went into the calendar menus to use it, it wasn't showing up in any of the lists. I double-checked with the master mega-list of abilities and actions that my character has to her name, and it appears there, yet I still can't actually use it. So, I'm kinda stumped. I have the most recent version (Patch 49 I think? with DLC 10) and I created this game after installing it.

Thanks in advance for any help here. Also, thanks for this game, it's very good and I can tell a lot of love went into its making, looking forward to Year 2 release!

Frazzled Monkey;

That particular Action has a set of Prerequisites you'll need to fulfill in order to use it. In this case, it's Revision and Revision Spells greater than or equal to 6. Once you have raised the base value of those Skills to 6, you should see it appear on your list.

Hope that helps, and thanks!

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to tell what requirments will allow a new location to be used?

Similar to the above, I have several that are listed under Abilities and Actions; Library at Longshade, the Esteban Contu School of Incantation, etc etc, but I have no idea how to enable them so I can select them for use during the day.

Is it intended that, well if it is Incantation based it would be safe to assume I should keep progressing in Incantation to activate that ability?

Marten;

These have a few different Prerequisites- for instance, the Esteban Contu School requires that you pay a Tuition first. As you go along, you will find the ways to unlock them (although you may not always be able to pay the price!) :)

Heh and I just realised why I cannot pay tuition... Probably because I do not have enough money :P Suddenly it all makes sense lol

• 2 months later...

I've just noticed that the marat deck my character picked up months ago never added the basic spreads to my menus anywhere I can see...

I do have all the actions/abilities from my numerology levels, but not the basic actions from the deck.

I do still have the deck itself in inventory, no difference if it's in my bag or equipped as a miscellaneous item...

Twist;

The two basic spreads are the Fire Spread and the Thief's Spread, and both should appear in your Abilities list, provided that you have the Deck in your bag or equipped. If you do not see these two, there may be something going awry. In that case, please do pm me a link to a RapidShare of your save so that we can investigate it.

Thanks. :)

Twist;

The two basic spreads are the Fire Spread and the Thief's Spread, and both should appear in your Abilities list, provided that you have the Deck in your bag or equipped. If you do not see these two, there may be something going awry. In that case, please do pm me a link to a RapidShare of your save so that we can investigate it.

Thanks. :)

They came back after I quit out and reloaded the game...

Weird, I definately didn't just miss them, because 90% of my abilities are green, so the blue ones stand out, and Fire Spread is blue for me.

I'll keep an eye out to see whether it happens again.

Archived