Black Chicken Studios Forums

Anyone else using the latest DLC and having the Sphinx be an absolute jerk?

Mikka

My character has Insight 6, Wit 10, and a familar with Wit 7 (and of course the required 7 bond).

Yet almost half the time I use it, I only get the first Sphinx roll. Sometimes I even simply 'fail' the whole thing, which I didn't even know was possible. (The character does not have the Bad Luck background.)

My last character, during the last DLC, had Wit 10, Insight 10 or 11 (depending on the emotion), and then her familar with Wit 10. She had the same problem, and, similar, no bad luck background.

Is it just me? I used to spam and use the sphinx constantly- three times a day, four days a week, in truth. I even rarely (if ever) ran in to the bug that S sometimes has, with the fourth display not showing up (when it did happen, it was always after I had skills maxed, and I simply assume the Sphinx tried to raise a maxed skill, failed, but didn't feel like reporting it- the game does that at times). Yet now I'm having incredible problems with it, and my stats are much higher then they used to (I used to have an issue getting Insight past 6/7- now getting it to 10 is so regular and often that I don't even blink). Yet there hasn't been any notes about the Sphinx rolls being changed, and I haven't heard anyone else complaining.

So is it just me? Did the random number generator finally catch on to my evil concentration of Sphinx-abuse? Or are others noticing issues there?

So is it just me? Did the random number generator finally catch on to my evil concentration of Sphinx-abuse? Or are others noticing issues there?

Sorry Mikka, but it seems that your days of being a fugitive from the Law of Large Numbers is over. Just console yourself with the knowledge it was due to happen eventually, since your characters' use of the Sphinx is comparable to how humans use their lungs to breath. :P

• 10 months later...

When I opened this thread, I half-expected to discover someone else telling a tale of how the Sphinx taught them all about Gates and Mastery, like she is fond of doing for MY characters. The best one was when I was seeking information on Command skill. The mundane command skill. That lead an unusual direction...

Archived