Black Chicken Studios Forums

error "failed to lazily initialize a collection

Uvigz

cheat mod wasn't updated in ages, so i decided to try creating a mod myself. after solving the memory problem by allowing programs to use up to 3GB of ram, my half compiled mod got another error with message "failed to lazily initialize a collection". after quick google search i found out that it is windows hibernation problem. only, at the time i got the error, i was surfing the net. so, how can hibernation have anything to do with this? anyone got any ideas?

no, I'm using 32-bit Windows XP professional, and I'm using a laptop. i don't thing the specs are needed but gonna list important ones anyway:

processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 (2GHz)

RAM: 4GB

Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

DirectX: 9.0c

another thing of note: i checked and found that hibernation is currently turned off( set to never). so, i have no idea whats going on. maybe trying to get rid of previous error, i did something wrong? although i don't thing i screwed something up, i only edited boot.ini. if i actually did something wrong, windows shouldn't have loaded at all.

actually the program doesn't seem to need more then 2,5GB of ram ( while publishing the mod i was monitoring my virtual memory usage to make sure if any more problems appeared , and the highest it was at 2.2GB ) the problem is that with 32 bit OS default settings one program can use only 2GB of ram. so, as i said, i tweaked my windows to allow one program to use 3GB of ram( and it only works if program is large address aware, the same thing that lets 64bit programs use 4GB of ram, more info at http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556). and if the problem was memory, then it should have said that like before. it is far more likely that the program was created whit 64-bit architecture in mind and that's why it doesn't work on 32bit OS. of course i don't know how the actual program works and its all just my speculation. and maybe it was something on my end that caused the error. or maybe it is really memory and I'm talking nonsense.

if anyone techno minded could try it out to see if they can reproduce the error or see any obvious mistakes i made, please do so. please note, how to get programs to use more ram instructions are in the link above.

edit: edited 38bit to 32bit(how the hell did i manage to make that mistake?)

so, i again tried to publish a mod, and again, at halfway point, i got the same error. at the time of the error the program was using 2,1GB of ram so i don't think that it could be the memory problem, so, eather somethings wrong with the program, or my computer just hates me.

on the other hand, publishing official contest seems to be fine. but I'm guessing that it will overwrite any DLCs so its for personal use only.

Archived