Black Chicken Studios Forums

Wat to pick for first time playing?

WeedBonnet

So,my little sis decided she wants 2 give this a go....Woot!

Both of us has no idea wat to pick,she said she wants to be some sort of female-Harry Potter.

any suggestion to what should we pick at charcter creation and what adventure should I steer her to? :ph34r:

(LOL,i was planning to be like a Mordivus flower fairy and then I met Elianna and i feel overshadowed.)

oh....and that "Once Discovered.." adventure,is there a way to disable it?I don't want my sis stumbling on that. :ph34r:

There is no way to disable it. But it gets unlocked if you get an Explore skill of 5+. So if she is not the exploring type.. she'll never encounter it.

How old is your little sister anyway?

Anyway.. suggestions for background picks and adventures? Go with what fits your character concept and don't worry about character optimization or 'the best way to play'. Just have fun with the stories that come your way.

Give me a day (or half of one, depending on how nice my computer is being) due to long mod-tool load times, and I'll make you a quick mod that disables that adventure, if your sis can wait that long to play. :)

(Anyone remember off hand are there any other violent adventures/events that should be disabled for a younger player?)

A lot of the magic in Harry Potter can be really flashy, which makes Incantation come to mind. Considering their focus on such flashy magic and athletics (which Athletics will surely help with Rimbal which is the game's wizarding sport!), it brings to mind collage Godina- but Godina in particular has the adventure where you and your friends explore an old tower on campus, and find out that some old gates mages are hanging around, and thus you and your friends go and defeat them and all is happy yay, which reminded me sort of Harry's adventures against Voldemort's crew in early books.

To create a true female Harry Potter, you could consider the Black Sheep background, and then choose the 'Actually, Bitter Hatred' background and pretend whoever you got is your character's Draco. And of course, there's an owl familar (though kitty is cuter, in my humble opinion). There's no real potions class (it seems potions are taught in many classes), but you go for Incantation as 'general magic' (it doesn't really corospond to any paticular course in Harry Potter-ville, but teaches a lot of the magic most of the kids seems to know), Negation to some degree is your Defense Against the Dark Arts, Revision is Transfiguration (if you squint), Astrology is Divination and Astronomy combined together (with some Arithmacy thrown in), Glamour as Charms (or Enchant), Athletics is the class that's getting you skills up to prepare for Rimbal next year... there's no direct potions class this year, but Enchant might make a good substitute. Then you have History for, well, History, and Zoology can be your Care of Magical Creatures, and Music is Music. Nothing lines up perfect, of course, but you could definitely make a Harry Potter character.

I'd probably do it by picking the Black Sheep, Owl Familiar, Bitter Hatred (and hoping I get someone mean, like Joana or Phillipe, to be my Draco). Take descended from heroes, maybe the Secret Heritage background (it's focused on Gates magic, but on the more kinder aspects of it, and the picture of the character having cruel parents by a kindly old 'aunt' figure in their life is a nice one). You may want to pick up Center of Attention. If you want to go Godina, that's Incantation, Music, Athletics chosen from you- maybe add Zoology, Enchant, and well, whatever you'd like. ;) There are a lot of choices, but while as I said, nothing lines of perfect, you could certainly use Harry Potter as inspiration for a character in this game. Even better, Zoe make a very good Hermione type-friend, and there are quite a few not always that bright but always loyal and friendly boys around to be your 'Ron'.

I am curious, which books are your sister reading?

If she's reading beyond the fourth book chances are she's already reading about people dying horribly.

Back to the topic, Godina and Durand are both good choices. Mikka explained why Godina is a good choice, but Durand has emphasizes courage and kindness, and Polisena Briardi can almost be a younger McGonagall.

Regarding the stats, if you choose Goldina, their classes include Athletics (Fitness), Incantation (Finesse) and Music (Insight). So,

Negation (Fitness) is basically defense against ALL ART.

Revision (Intelligence) use INT which mean you will have to train on 4 stats, and that's hard for beginner.

Astrology (Luck), divination is not Harry's strong point anyway and it use luck stat.

History and Zoology use (Intelligence) so it would be hard.

Botany (Insight) seems good if you want to see harry pull a mandrake again.

Calligraphy (Finesse) is interesting because it has Orthography (Combination of Enchant and Glamour. Champion by Aranaz but was dropped from the curriculum), and the first level unlock is Roots in Dark Magic (Lore).

PS: Aranaz should be the Slytherin equivelant.

There's no real potions class (it seems potions are taught in many classes),

There is a Brew skill (finesse), maybe later year will have a class of it.

but Enchant might make a good substitute.

Enchant (Insight) might be good, but I don't think it have anything to do with potion.

Edit: Durand is good too, but you will have to give up Finesse for INT stat. Incantation exchange for Dialectic. Unless you want to train 4 stats...

Edit 2: The Dueling skill use Finesse.

oh,no need for that Mikka!

Thanks so much,but i got the same idea soon after posting LOL(i just make it need 99 insult,which my sis probably won't be picking)

i am at 85% right now,and i am sure it should be done by tmr.

Aranaz should be the Slytherin equivelant.

My little sis pranked on me earlier and got me wet.

maybe i should pick Aranaz for her just as vegeance LOL

You persuaded me to pick Godina than.I myself is also curious' date='my friend says the Elementary Warriors adventure is superb!

I am curious, which books are your sister reading?

If she's reading beyond the fourth book chances are she's already reading about people dying horribly.

good point.

She is already near that end of book 4,just two chapters previous from having Cedric getting insta-gib in the face

Hmmmm maybe I should see how she takes it.

If shes fine I don't need to do anything than.But the mod could come in handy anyway LOL

You persuaded me to pick Godina than.I myself is also curious,my friend says the Elementary Warriors adventure is superb!

Would like to mention that Aranaz is rival with Durand while Avila is rival with Godina.

If you mention Rival houses then mention all 3 ^^

Vernin is Rival to Morvidus and so Hedi is the only College with no Rival!

I think that Vernin is one of the more interesting College for the first play because they have the Merrit lead most of the time without the player need to do anything for this.

Ohh and if you have a negative Relationship with Joana Lio y Rossollo or Philippe Merchant at the start bether make a new game because this two mean real trouble if you have them as enemy.

Archived