Jump to content
Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Retuning to the potion shop

Recommended Posts

The not quite (or even close to) finished adventure, a follow up to a random event so I plan to make it easy but also being forced to be done in a single go. There'll be some neat wands at the end of this, at least in a few of the quest lines!

As always, suggestions, corrections, lore and comments are most welcome. (suggestions in particular, I am a lazy sack of bones)

Retuning to the potion shop
Prerequisite: Memory: Visited the Potion Shop


 

Part1 Returning to the Shop


The hallways have been abuzz with a rumor all morning – not all that unusual – but this particular rumor is about “The Adventurer's Potion Shop”, which, is kind of odd but nothing world shattering to be sure. It seems that the shopkeeper is holding a grand sale, several other rumors says that he is planning to flee the city, and others again say it is because he is getting married. Regardless, something is going on at the potion shop, and with a grand sale – if it is true – is a perfect place to get a good deal or maybe meet some interesting people. Adventurers always have the best stories after all!

Exit 1: Make your way to the potion shop.

You make your way to the potion shop, but as you approach you see there is a crowd outside the shop. A large crowd. Something is really going on here! People are yelling all kinds of stuff in all kinds of languages and it is a bit difficult to hear what is being said, but it doesn't sound like the crowd is pleased.


 

Part2 What is happening?


Well, the crowd and the shouting is all well and good but you really want to know what is going on, your schoolmates would laugh if you went so much out of the way and didn't learn what was going on!

Exit1: No fail: Make up something and leave. Now!

The loud noises are making you dizzy and the crowd might go out of control any minute now. Better not risk your neck over something like this. Your potion classes aren't even weekly anyways!

You sneak off and head back to school, watching the birds and trees as you go. It is so much better than being stuck by an angry mob! At school you are unfortunate enough to run into Rikildis.

She starts questioning you about the disturbance in town. You start avoiding it, how does she know where you went anyway? She presses you harder and you spew something of a lie about the shopkeeper getting married with an amazonian princess who brought her relatives and they made a commotion and then a riot broke out and the city guard couldn't stop them. Also there might have been some fires and permanent damage. Before you know it the story is getting more and more outlandish but you can't stop.

Even after Rikildis has wandered off shaking her head you keep spinning more and more to the story. It is only when @own collage's regent or Briardi@ comes by and cast a negation spell that you regain power over what you were saying.

You are quite hoarse though, and could really use some water!

-1 Vitality
+1 oratory


Exit2: Listening v. 5: Pay attention to what is being said!
Success:

You try to block out as much noise and only pay attention to the ones speaking elumian.

“Defiler!” “Have you no sense of responsibility?!” “Your potion turned me into a frog!!”

You wonder slightly about the last part but one thing is certain, they are unhappy about his potions. Usually this shop is known for its good potions though, you wonder what happened.

Continue to part3a
+1 concentration


Failure:
You try to block out as much noise and only pay attention to the ones speaking elumian, but it just isn't working. The more you strain your ears the more the noise seem to make you dizzy.

You begin your sad walk back to school. You didn't learn anything and your head hurts and the road is still swaying and people are mean and you are fairly sure some kid just stole 5 pims from you!

+2 Stress
-5 pim


Exit3: Bully v. 6: Join the crowd.
Success:

Well you are not particularly sure what is going on, but who ever needed a reason to went some fustration and anger?

It doesn't take long to find some of the angry slang that everyone else is using. Before long you've fully joined the choire and is shouting various curses at the seemingly empty building. It takes a while but eventually a city guardsman shows up, and with the aid of some fancy gadget his voice rises over the crowd.

He says that the house has been cleared since morning, more over he wants everyone to disperse. Aww shucks.

Continue to part3b
+1 Intimidation


Failure:
Well you are not particularly sure what is going on, but who ever needed a reason to went some fustration and anger?

It takes a while but you finally let lose and start shouting about all the bad things that has happened during the last week. The time when you got a pie stolen, and the unfortunate insident with the mole...

"Shove off kid. This is isn't your usual angry mob!"

You turn to the voice and see a particularly large and gruff mercenary. In a meek voice you you agree with his sentiment and sneak off, trying not to catch anyones attention.

+2 Stress

Exit4: Acrobatics v. 5: Get close to the shop and see what is going on.
Success:

You twist, bend, dodge and occationally crawl, but you manage to get in front of the mob. While it is crowded you see several slogans painted on the otherwise neat walls of the shop. "Swindler" is one of the milder but otherwise countless comments left on the wall. It would seem that the potions made has been backfiring lately.

continue to part3c
+1 Acrobatics


Failure:
You twist, bend, dodge, crawl and.. ouch! Someone stepped on your hand. You give a shove to get him off you but before you know it you are in the middle of a real brawl.

It has gotten late by the time you reach the academagia, and you head strait to the infirmary. Sigh! What a day.

-5 Vitality
+1 Brute Strength
+1 danger sense


Exit5: Merilien v. 2: With some luck you pick a fellow to talk to.
Prequisite: Pure luck 3.
Success:

You start talking to a guy who is a bit away from the crowd but who also seem to have a bone to pick with the shopkeeper. As it happens he speaks elumian, or somewhat at least, his merilien dialect is very strong.

You ask him what is going on and he explains that the potionshop has been selling bad 'pots'. A healing potion gave worts, a mana potion gave the mage hiccups, someone had even bought some bathing salts and suddenly had blonde hair instead of red as it stated on the lable.

The man gives a grunt and goes to join the crowd.

Continue to part3a
+1 Merilien


Failure:
You start talking to a guy who is a bit away from the crowd but who also seem to have a bone to pick with the shopkeeper. As it happens he speaks elumian, or somewhat at least, his merilien dialect is very strong. Sadly it is so strong that you don't understand much. Something to do with hair, strong liqur, and mice... or rats? maybe.

You keep talking, but it is clear that you are getting nowhere. It is sort of fun though, you slowly get a hang of the dialect but the mob has moved on to something else to yell about. The two of you keep talking and enjoying the late afternoon. You may not have learned anything about the shop, but you got some fancy merilien lines to use on your friends!

-1 Stress
+2 Merilien


 

Part3a: Choices!


So, the shop has been selling bad potions. Strange. From what you have heard the shop had a flawless record, so what changed? As you ponder you notice that a city guardsman asks the mob to disperse and they immediately do so, save for a small group of what is surely adventurers. They too look surprised about the sudden change in their former fellows.

The few adventurers remaining yelled something to the guard stationed near the shop but finally they left too.

Exit1: Sleuthing v. 5: Try to learn what changed in the shop.
Success:

If you wanted to learn what had changed then it would be easiest if you could speak with the owner. You try to explain that to the city guardsman standing by the potion shop but he keeps trying to avoid answering your questions and doesn't know where the owner is at current.
You give up talking sense into him and find another officer. Despite staying at a distance he provides you with all the answers you could want.

“The owner is currently at his home speaking with a few from the city guard about these accusations. The old man is not feeling so well, we suspect that he may have gotten too old to run the store.”

Maybe it was sabotage? You suggest it but the officer just shrugs. “Nothing suggests that”
When you continue to ask the man stops you. “Look, kid, if you want to solve this thing then go to his home, I'll even write it down for you!” The officer takes a feathery pen and pulls out a gruff sheet of used paper scribbling where you can find out more. Success!

Continue to Part4(Sleuthing)
+1 Dedication


Failure:
If you wanted to learn what had changed then it would be easiest if you could speak with the owner. You try to explain that to the city guardsman standing by the potion shop but he keeps trying to avoid answering your questions and doesn't know where the owner is at current.

Disheartened you give up. You didn't expect such a friendly looking city guardsman to be so unhelpful.

-1 dedication.
+1 Stress.


Exit2: courage v. 4: Stick to the adventurers!
Success:
Adventurers are always the most fun, besides the other crowd seemed... false somehow. The group is making haste however and you realize you better keep up or they will disappear on you.

You follow close behind and a time later they file into the Mercenary Guild. You buckle up and head inside. A few heads turn to look at you but they quickly return to their talk. You manage to spot the group from the shop earlier, something that isn't all that difficult, as one of the women is wearing an insanely large hat with feathers.

Right you got in, now to go over and meet them. With your head pounding in your chest you approach and introduce yourself. You explain that you followed them from the shop and you would like to know what happened back there. You also mention that it is a pretty hat.

They share a laugh and show you a chair.

Continue to Part4(Adventurers)
+1 Flattery
Inform Mercenary Guild

Failure:

Adventurers are always the most fun, besides the other crowd seemed... false somehow. The group is making haste however and you realize you better keep up or they will disappear on you.

You follow close behind and a time later they file into the Mercenary Guild. You take a few steps inside but your feet won't let you go closer to the group. Instead you head to the bar and mumble something and hand the man on duty a pim. He stares at you with a raised eyebrow. A moment later he returns with a glass of cold milk.

It just doesn't give you the courage to continue. It just doesn't. And you don't feel too comfortable just doing nothing so you head home as soon as you finish the milk. Phew! What a day.

-1 Pim

Exit3: No fail: Take a trip into town and drop this nonsense.
Success:
You take a pleasant stroll into town, enjoying the birds, the sound of people (not screaming their lungs out). You pass by a few stores who are also handing out free samples of their delicious(!) cooking.

Not a bad day to be alive all in all.

At school Rikildis finds you and asks about the incident. You tell her that it was about some potions made wrong. After taking some notes and asking some more questions (to which you don't have answers) she leaves you alone. She didn't even look particularly irritated this time, so you are not too likely to end up in the school paper. Phew!


Investigate1: Theatre v. 4: Take a second look at the former protestors.
Success:

You take another look at the protestors who had turned away the second the guard had spoken. There is something fishy about them.

The more you look though, the more they remind you of actors. Was the whole incident really just a farce? You tap your chin a few times, maybe that warrants a closer inspection!
Open Exit4.
+1 Character Study

Failure:

You take another look at the protestors who had turned away the second the guard had spoken. There is something fishy about them.

They seem to be chatting among themselves and oddly enough they all seem to be heading into the same tavern. Maybe that is their next target? Best stay away from that place then.

Exit4: Mimicry 3: Sneak with the may-be-actors.
Success:

The possible actor troupe gathered in full number by a tavern off the main road. You hesitate slightly as you recall the earlier ruckus, but you focus on the matters at hand. Waiting for the group to enter you sneak with them, trying to look the part despite being shorter and visibly younger than most of them. Despite that though no one takes an extra look at you, and you are even handed a glass of water when they pass around drinks.

A tall lad taps his glass and stands up, you feel everyone quiet down.

“My friends! Fellow actors! Random people in this, wonderful and generous tavern. Our troupe did it!” he grins wide. Something about is manner tells you that he could melt the heart of the most wicked ice-queen from the stories.

A wild applause follows, and you find yourself joining in.

+1 Mimicry
continue to Part4(Actors)

Failure:

The possible actor troupe gathered in full number by a tavern off the main road. You hesitate slightly as you recall the earlier ruckus, but you focus on the matters at hand. Waiting for the group to enter you sneak with them, trying to look the part despite being shorter and visibly younger than most of them. Sadly though, one of their members bar the door.

“Sorry kid, we don't accept minors, come back in a few years alright?”

Seeing your face he gives you a smile and a three Caramel Chews. You feel the disappointment fade as the first caramel softens in your mouth. It wasn't such a bad idea to investigate that shop after all.

+2 Caramel chews
+1 Confidence


 

Part3b: Where the crowd goes!


To your surprise everyone seems quite alright following whatever the city guardsman ordered - well perhaps save for a little group. You can't help frowning. You were just getting into the mood after all.

"Hey, I don't recognize you." Is he talking to you? "It is a but unusual, but you were really giving it your all back there, care to join us in the tavern, you can get some..." he seems to reconsider what he was about to say. "Some water or, milk even." You hesitate for a moment, considering it.

Exit1: Bluff v. 6: Free milk! Yay!
You pounce at the chance for free milk. It has got to be cold though! The man laughs but agrees to your demands.

"How come you joined our little preformance?" he asks as you and a little part of the group take what is surely a detour to a nearby tavern. You blink a few times. Preformance? Did you say that out loud? You cough trying not to be suspicious. It seemed like a good idea at the time, like fun actually... or something along those lines. He nods as you explain it.

"We are working on some new pieces, we don't want all that fancy high-class drama anymore, we want issues that people can relate to! This was but a demonstration of what our troupe can do. I really hope more people come to our next preformance now we have shown them just how real-like we can be!"

You can help but voice a small concern. Did anyone actually know it was just an act? And who it was acting?

He goes very quiet for a moment - and stays such until you arrive at the tavern. In the mean time you get a glass of cold water. Water. You sigh despite the new turn of events.

Continue to Part5(Actor)
** SSs **


Failure:
You pounce at the chance for free milk. It has got to be cold though! The man laughs but agrees to your demands.

"How come you joined our little preformance?" he asks as you and a little part of the group take what is surely a detour to a nearby tavern. You blink a few times. Preformance? Did you say that out loud?

"You didn't know?" No, you did, sortta, mostly... you might have!

The man sighs. "Guess you are not as bright as I thought you were. Sorry kid can't let you follow any more." When he sees your face he looks away, clearly not good at handling youngsters like you. "here are two pim alright? Don't spend it all at once!"

With that you are left with an empty feeling. Like someone had opened a really good play and then drew the curtains.

Still, 2 pim isn't all bad.

+2 Pim
+1 Stress


Exit2: Naa, you can't be bought for all the milk in the world.

Exit3: keep screaming!

Exit4: Best head home, no more fun is to be had.


 

Part3c: A closer look


At the front of the crowd you are one of the first to see that a city guardsman steps up to the crowd ordering them to disperce - from your vantage point you also noice that while the city guardsman speaks there is something moving around the back back entrance, which is just barely visible from where you are. Whatever it is it seems to be leaving, all sneaky like.

While you were looking at the shadows around back everyone in the mob has left, only a few remain all of which are dressed as adventueres. One of the women even have a huuuge hat, surely she is a mage, cause that thing defies gravity!

Investigate1: Perception v. 3: What is happening back there?
Success:

You squint your eyes and look at what is going on by the back entrance. It is a man, hooded and cloaked, and carrying a bag of what you suspect to be stolen goods!

Unlocks exit1 and exit2

Failure

You squint your eyes and... really, there isn't anything. A shadow and maybe a cat... or something.

Exit1: Tactics v. 5: Try to cut the man off before he gets away!
Success: Taking a guess you would say that the man can't travel by the main road - which cuts off three quarters of the building - he can only run west, though the smaller alleys. To get to them he has to climb the fence first though, you can catch him if you hurry!

Continue to Part4(Thieves)

Failure:

Well, the theif must be heading into the street near the back. With little regard for the other people on the street you run as fast as you can and quickly get to the small alley around back. You see a fence by the end and no thief. You try asking around but no one saw him. Puzzling!

You shrug and head home, all the while trying to work out the mystery of the vanishing theif.

+1 Running
+1 Puzzles
+2 Stress


Investigate2: No fail: Tell the guard about the thief.
In a hurried voice you tell the guard that there was a theif out back. You hardly finish before the man cries out with a passion. "Worry not little one, I shall catch this mysterious felon!"

And they are off.
Remove Exit1
+1 Ethics



Exit2: Move silently v. 6: Sneak in and take a look at the shop now that it is empty.
Success

The city guard is busy trying to get the few adventurers to move, the adventuerers are busy telling the guard to take a hike himself and everyone else is either walking away or watching that little drama play itself out. All the while the shop is open and there are no one inside now.

Sneaking near the walls you creep by a small detour around to the back entrence. You try the door, and it opens. All too easy!

+1 Move silently
Continue to Part4(The Shop)

Failure:

The city guard is busy trying to get the few adventurers to move, the adventuerers are busy telling the guard to take a hike himself and everyone else is either walking away or watching that little drama play itself out. All the while the shop is open and there are no one inside now.

You sneak by the walls and about halfway to the door a man pokes your shoulder. "What are you doing?" he asks. You look up, it isn't a city guard but it is an elderly man with a great big beard. "I saw a cat!" you state, sure that it explains everything. "Oh" he says, still staring at you. Grumbling you begin calling out to your imaginary cat. "He must have gotten away" you conclude, somewhat cold, as you have been calling a full minute and the man is still watching you. "A shame" he says, hardly even blinking. "I... best get back to school" "That would be best" he says, his busy beard giving a small shake.

When you return to the school grounds a while later you are still grumbling about the missed adventure.

+2 Stress
+1 Lie


Exit3: Courage v. 4: Stick to the adventurers!
Success:
Adventurers are always the most fun so you intend to stick with them rather than get arrested for snooping. The group is making haste however and you realize you better keep up or they will disappear on you.

You follow close behind and a time later they file into the Mercenary Guild. You buckle up and head inside. A few heads turn to look at you but they quickly return to their talk. You manage to spot the group from the shop earlier, something that isn't all that difficult, as one of the women is wearing an insanely large hat with feathers.

Right you got in, now to go over and meet them. With your head pounding in your chest you approach and introduce yourself. You explain that you followed them from the shop and you would like to know what happened back there. You also mention that it is a pretty hat.

They share a laugh and show you a chair.

Continue to Part4(Adventurers)
+1 Flattery
Inform Mercenary Guild

Failure:

Adventurers are always the most fun so you intend to stick with them rather than get arrested for snooping. The group is making haste however and you realize you better keep up or they will disappear on you.

You follow close behind and a time later they file into the Mercenary Guild. You take a few steps inside but your feet won't let you go closer to the group. Instead you head to the bar and mumble something and hand the man on duty a pim. He stares at you with a raised eyebrow. A moment later he returns with a glass of cold milk.

It just doesn't give you the courage to continue. It just doesn't. And you don't feel too comfortable just doing nothing so you head home as soon as you finish the milk. Phew! What a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hehe sort of. I should have done this ages ago, but I need a nudge every now and then to get this stuff done. Seeing others write gives a mix of inspiration and group pressure (even if it only myself pressuring)..

 

Also your wand adventure a while back gave some inspiration so I kind of scraped the idea I had back then,.. I had some new fantastic ideas but I never got around to writing it down,.. so I forgot :blush:

Long story short: I am writing again from scratch, with basic concept and new ideas ;)

 

Edit: the excuse thing on your adventure page was more me self promoting, and hopefully keeping the 'go' idea going :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of which,I want a sleeping potion.

Tomorrow's-school-opening-ceremonies-and-I-am-jacked-up-on-coffee.

 

policeman -> City Guard

Stress seems better for Exit 2; after all, they aren't communicating in deadly sonic wave.

This makes one wonder did the shop hire Cante....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure the shop sells sleeping potions, but given what we know, would you want to drink it? ;)

 

alright, will change the vitality to stress. Deadly sonic waves... hmm... I wonder if I should add those somewhere.. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of cause! But what decent potion seller doesn't sell the usual mana/hp pots?

 

I'll make light on it a bit later in ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a huge update, but to keep things clear to myself.

 

Adventure part 3 splits up in:

Actors - help the actors become famous.

Adventures - gain insights and perhaps a present to bring home - for a small favor.

Sleuthing - Solve what has happened with the potions!

The Shop - Why not do a little 'shopping'

Thieves - Follow the people escaping from the shop - to help or hinder.

 

Planning to ensure that you can jump from some of the chains to the other - if you found the thieves but didn't start out picking the Sleuthing choice (because it might not have been present) then you can do that.

Likewise, the adventures might want you to get a few things from the shop, you can do so and perhaps enrich yourself on the way - or get caught and suffer the consequences! (insert evil laughter)

 

 

Had initially intended something quite different (and more simply) than this, but I like the idea in this. Had initally intended that the player would happen upon some senior collagemates who planned to break into the shop. To help or hinter the player could then tag along. They would stay behind to keep the shopkeeper busy while you ransacked the storage or deliberately caused a commotion to end the break-in.

 

There might have been/be a small fight in the darkness of the storage - in which I got a wand hidden if you dare take it!

 

Edit: Changed police to city guard - I agree, it sounds much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a huge update, but to keep things clear to myself.

 

Adventure part 3 splits up in:

Actors - help the actors become famous.

Adventures - gain insights and perhaps a present to bring home - for a small favor.

Sleuthing - Solve what has happened with the potions!

The Shop - Why not do a little 'shopping'

Thieves - Follow the people escaping from the shop - to help or hinder.

 

Planning to ensure that you can jump from some of the chains to the other - if you found the thieves but didn't start out picking the Sleuthing choice (because it might not have been present) then you can do that.

Likewise, the adventures might want you to get a few things from the shop, you can do so and perhaps enrich yourself on the way - or get caught and suffer the consequences! (insert evil laughter)

 

 

Sounds quite ambitious from what you intended originally ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehe indeed, and considering school has started the updates are coming a mite slow, still, I will try to update a few times aweek... might split it up, so I make each quest-line in a new reply,.. both because it is impossible to keep track of that many, it is actually quite difficult to switch school-of-thought from one adventuretype to the next... and the first post is already getting pretty long... so, yeah.

 

Anywho, hope it ends as well as I hope ;) There is an ombscene amount of stuff going on in my head in this adventure and still I hit a point where I get lazy,.. meh! meh I tell you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Part4 The Shop

 

You are in! No one even saw you hiding! You can hardly contain yourself as the adrenelin course through your body. But wait! You drop to the floor as quietly as posible and listen. Didn't you hear something?

 

You wait what feels like an age but finally you creep out of your hiding place. Very cautious of making any sound you decide what to do now.

 

Exit1: Head into the storage, maybe there are some goodies in there!

Success:

You are finished with this part of the shop, the next step is naturally the storage. There is even a "Storage" sign above the only other door in the room save for the entrance and the closet.

 

Proceed to Part5 The Shop.

 

Exit2: That noise is just too creepy! Back out! Bail! No more!

Success

It has been a fine run, hasn't it? You got in, you saw the place again...

Really what more could there be of interest here? Sneaking out the way you came you manage to sneak past the guards and into the throng of shoppers on the street.

 

-1 Stress

 

Investigate1: Perception v. 5: Look around the front room.

Success:

You look around, noting that a lot have been taken or moved somewhere. The potions on disply have been removed, the till has been pulled out of the front desk. No exciting books to speak of. But wait!

As you search you find an extra hidden stash built into the front desk. It is locked though.

 

Opens Invesigate 3 and 4

 

Failure:

You look around, noting that a lot have been taken or moved somewhere. The potions on disply have been removed, the till has been pulled out of the front desk. No exciting books to speak of. No nothing! This place has been cleaned! Hmph.

 

Invesitgate2: Courage v. 8: The sound might be from the closet, better make sure!

Success

You look into the closet and, just as you were about to take a dramatic leap backwards you find that there is nothing utterly dangerous about it. Some cleaning supplies, some potions to allivate headaches labled, the shelf labled "Annoying Costumer B-Gone!". The potions being fouled as they are you don't really want to chance it. Of all the items you find only one of possible use: a Broom. Before you take it you notice that it is labled. 'Safety Broom, use only in case of rats'.

 

Strange. Very strange indeed!

 

+1 Courage

Maybe add a Broom?

 

Failure

You move to the closet, grap hold of the knob and... with sweat pouring from your forehead and your legs feeling wobbly you think the better of it. If there REALLY is something in there then it is better that you don't wake it up.

 

-1 Courage

 

Investigate3: Lockpick 6: Open the hidden stash.

Success

Time to whip out the old lockpicks! You take a seat on the floor and make yourself comfortable, as with all good locks this may take a while. You begin and realize that the lock is very old. It binds a bit here and there, but it makes it all the easier to lock the pins in place. A few minutes later you open it. The prize within is 85 Pim. You grin and pocket your trustly lockpicks once again. You are rich!

 

85 Pim, +2 ss in Lockpick

 

Failure

Time to whip out the old lockpicks! You take a seat on the floor and make yourself comfortable, as with all good locks this may take a while.

 

A very long while, you realize as you are still sitting there five minutes later and have gotten nowhere. Your eyes dart to the doors now, and something tells you that you best get a move on. With that you give up on the secret stash.

 

-1 ss Lockpicks

 

Investigate4: Brute Strength 8: Open the hidden stash!

Success:

You inspect the stash, the whole thing seems quite old if well made. You try kicking it but only manage to stub your toe. Grumbling you take a look around. What is that? an almost flat pole of iron? Grinning you pick it up and wedge it into the small opening. You push and feel it give, you give it another try and add your weight to it. A few more tries and the door pops open. The prize within is 85 Pim. You grin and pocket your trustly lockpicks once again. You are rich!

 

85 Pim, +1 ss in Brute Strength

 

Failure

You inspect the stash, the whole thing seems quite old if well made. You try kicking it but only manage to stub your toe. You grumble a bit, while giving the safe a mean look. You won't give up so easy!

 

Gathering your courage you ram your feet into what you suspect to be the weakest part of the hidden stash and... OUCH!! That hurt! Very. VERY MUCH!

 

-2 Vitality

 

Part5 The Shop

The storage is at first glance quite large, and dark... Very much so in fact.

 

While you are considering whether to get some light you hear it. A strange slurping sound that makes your hair stand on edge. It is like the sound you make when you try to get the last liquid out of a bottle with a straw - and there is just no more liquid to be had.

 

Sluuuurrp.... nothing. Just as you take another step you hear it again. Sluuuurrrp!

 

You look around, on the floor, by the walls, under the nearby table. Nothing. Slurrrp!

 

You crouch down, considering your options.

 

Exit1: Panic, nothing gets you home easier than going into a frothing state of pure panic.

Success:

You start screaming, as loud as you can, and then with all your might you run to the front door. The door is getting opened from the outside and you feel even MORE panicy. With no regard for anything you ran yourself into the halfway open door and in a single motion it is thrown open and you run through the streats, gasping for air but otherwise unharmed. Around evening you finally manage to get a grip and head back to the relative safety of the school.

 

-1 Composure, -1 Vitality

 

Investigate: Composure v. 6: Don't panic! That is important, never panic!

Success:

That Sluurp!-ing sound isn't... that bad. Hardly even creepy at all. Almost.. ish. Surely there are things at the Academagia that is worse! Possibly.

 

You feel yourself calm down, even as you hear another of those slurping sounds. Better to find the cause, get the loot and get out.

 

+1 Composure

Removes Exit1

Adds Exit2

 

Failure:

That Sluurp!-ing sound isn't... that bad. Hardly even creepy at all. Almost.. ish. Surely there are things at the Academagia that is worse! Possibly...

 

Heck no! You feel the emptymindedness of panic rise. Sluuuuurrrrrp! Argh! Flee! Run! Sluuurp!

 

Exit2: Time to take a peek at what you are up against

Success:

You sneak down the isle looking left and right. It is actually kind of strange that it is difficult to find, but the slurping sound seems to come from everywhere. You find yourself looking backwards - just in case - but there is nothing. The coast is clear.

 

At the end of the isle you take a turn and notice a shadow up ahead. Creeping a bit closer you see it. It is horrible! Terrible! A goo-thing! Transparent and poison-green to boot!

 

Continue to part6 The shop

 

Part6 The Shop

 

You are crouched before a perhaps two feet high and four feet wide bundle of blubbery goo. You are not sure where exactly they belong but you are fairly sure that you don't want to be it's snack.

 

Investigate: Confidence v. 8: Take a deep breath, you can't back out now!

Success:

You take a deep breath. Exhaling you find your center. This creature won't stop you unless you do something monumentally stupid!

 

Temp +1 Danger sense (skill - not skillstep (if possible))

 

Failure:

You take a deep breath, inhale exhale, inhale... You double over - you are not sure if the slime-thing just farted or has bad breath but phew!

 

Temp -1 Danger sense

 

 

Exit1: Danger sense v. 8: It is sleeping, right?

Success:

It is, isn't it? You creep closer, noticing that a bottle is embedded halfway into the creature, it's gooey bulk slipping in and out of it like it was it's breath.

 

You look a bit more, is it sleeping? Gathering all your courage you tap it lightly. It is gello-like but doesn't change it's position. You shrug. It's sleeping. Best be quiet from here on though.

Contine to part7 (The shop)

 

Failure:

It is, isn't it? You creep closer, noticing that a bottle is embedded halfway into the creature, it's gooey bulk slipping in and out of it like it was it's breath.

 

You look a bit more, is it sleeping? Does such things sleep? Do they even have senses that would detect intruders? You frown a bit, puzzling over how to proceed. If it isn't asleep then it is just a stupid creature, unless it is plotting to strike at you unawares...

 

Never! You stand up in defiance, and in the spirit of madness you take another bottle from the table and throw in into the creature.

 

Continue to part7 (The slime!)

 

Part7 The Shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...