Black Chicken Studios Forums

Exploration Difficulty for locations

sambrookjm

In the modding tools, each location has a value for "Exploration Difficulty" The values that I've found in this range for locations range anywhere from 3 all the way up to 26. What does this value do when you are exploring (or casting the Gates spell Curious Eagle)? There is a separate value for "Chance of Discovery" so I'm assuming the difficulty value is not related to how likely you are to be caught when you visit the location.

Anyone have any ideas?

Upon further mucking around, there are a few places that have a 999 Exploration Difficulty (The Schohanwicht School and the other locations in this school) I know that the school is only supposed to be found if you get The Secret Heritage family background pick, so maybe the Exploration Difficulty is a minimum explore skill that you need to find it?

In a bunch of castings of the Curious Eagle spell, I did manage to find one of the locations associated with this school (The Obranabú Library). Is this a bug, or is Curious Eagle supposed to find even otherwise impossible places to locate?

One more question. I was able to research The Obranabú Library. At level 3 (I think) I got the action that allows you to locate Euneycia's Haven. I successfully performed this action (Determine the Next Step?) and found the Haven. Since I didn't pick the Secret Heritage, I was not actually do anything Gates related there. Judging from the description of this location, that is intentional.

Researching the Library to level 4 gave my character another Lore, but there was nothing for research levels 5-10. Should there be a bonus to one of the Gates related skills when you research this topic up to level 10?

Archived