Black Chicken Studios Forums

Mikka's Modding Project!

Mikka

A scouting failure that moves you on to the next step anyway (not double checked for quality, but eh, it's progress):

You glance at the signs on the wall, decide the signs are bogus because they are clearly written in a language man was not meant to know, and take off. Aaran follows you.

You go down a hallway. Up some stairs. Down another hallway. Left down yet another hallway. Up some more stairs. Straight, for a while. Left past a giant banana, that Aaran gives a wide berth. Down some stairs. Right this time. Find a dead end, go back, and this time take a left. Go left for quite some time until left eventually becomes 'straight'. Eventually, right. Up another set of stairs. Up another set of stairs. Straight again.

"...Do you have any idea where we are going?" Aaran asks.

"Yes," you lie.

"Oh. I am glad you do," Aaran says doubtfully.

You walk around in a complete rectangle, then choose a random branching hallway. You wander it for a while. You head back downstairs. You go left some more. You decide the signs on the wall are actually messages of interpretive dance that you're supposed to follow. You try doing that. You pull out a pim and start picking out ways to go by flipping a coin. You find that your coin mostly lands on it's edge in your hand in a miracle of gravity. You get really confused about why your coin is doing that. You decide it's probably Aaran's fault.

You pass some cheese sitting on chairs, and find yourself shuddering horrifically as you hurry past it.

Your feet tire. Your stomach grumbles. Your throat thirsts. Aaran suggests you go back and eat the cheese, but something in you cannot bear the thought. And you don't think you can find your way to the banana. You sort of want to go home to the Academagia, but you have no idea how to get yourself out of this maze of a building.

"Do you see a window?" Aaran asks plaintively. He's by now figured out that you're totally lost. "We could really use a window right now."

You put your mind on that, but there are no windows. There are no answers. There are only the signs that command you to dance in languages man was not meant to know.

You kind of think you want to cry.

Eventually, you both end up collapsing on a pair of chairs just sitting in a windowless hallway. You sit there, panting. There is no sound save for your and Aaran's breathing.

Then, suddenly, a woman with too big and perky a smile pops it to your view. "Next in line, please!"

"Let's yell at her," Aaran suggests. "I'd really like to yell at someone right now."

You sort of understand that feeling.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started working at 6:30 in the morning. It is now almost 10:30 at night.

But Aaran's adventure is done. Finished. Over.

I still need to do another check for quality and all that weird stuff, and to make sure I didn't make any errors. But right now, I'm done with it.

Doing adventure's is exhausting! I have a ton of stuff to get done tomorrow, so I doubt I'll do anything mod related. And I think Monday- if I don't have work- I'll just do Louise events. The thought of doing another adventure is a bit overwhelming. Especially Miya's or Antonio's, because they're wordy too. At least Louise is mostly terse...

My thoughts on the new portraits.

Ye gods they look so ... anime ... Also the last portrait is making it hard to determine whether that is a boy or a girl.tongue.gif

And since you have sided with the evil pudding-lord / pudding-lady, and you have taken Ana for yourself, watch yourself. *Epic Smoke Bomb!*

My thoughts on the new portraits.

Ye gods they look so ... anime ...

Aww, they're not too anime, are they? They don't have the big eyes/no nose that is often a signature part of anime art.

Also the last portrait is making it hard to determine whether that is a boy or a girl.tongue.gif

Yeah, Aaran kind of has that problem, with his long hair. In the later years, when the girls start developing, well, chests, and he obviously doesn't, it'll be less of a problem. But he cuts his own hair because he's always broke (thanks, Joana!), and he's afraid if he cuts it any shorter he'll basically end up cutting his ears or something. It's already unevenly cut, after all.

And since you have sided with the evil pudding-lord / pudding-lady, and you have taken Ana for yourself, watch yourself. *Epic Smoke Bomb!*

Oh, get out of the Aranaz common room, Cobo!

It's not too bad, anyway. I usually play female characters. In which other characters are taken for myself. But not Cyrus. Someone else can drool over Cyrus.

And my boys do end up liking Honors, too. Honors is awesome. I'd date her. Of course, we're sort of incompatible...

Besides, you still have Phillippe! I'm sure no one would ever dream of taking him away from you... ;)

I don't think they're anime. Their shading is different to the ones in the game - just slightly more 2D art than semi-realistic - but I really like them. Especially Miya. The details are great.

Aaran looks...upset. Poor thing. I think I already have a favourite new character to dote on. I like the snippet of adventure too. Will you post more of it later or keep it a secret?

My girls usually end up having this whole circle with Magsa, Luti, Cyrus, Cirillo and Piccolet: 3 of the largest and 2 of the most infamous. I expect some sort of riot going on among the girls later on because of this.

My guys gather oddballs like Flore, Prudence, Ana, Sima and such. I like Ana as a friend. When lightning doesn't strike solely because she's around, she's one of the few innocently decent person around. For some reason I never really make an Avila boy..not too many girls either. I guess Avila just strikes me as a tad odd, or so the Godina student in me says (Godina being my favourite college)

I don't think they're anime. Their shading is different to the ones in the game - just slightly more 2D art than semi-realistic - but I really like them. Especially Miya. The details are great.

Miya's my favorite, too. I'm glad you don't think they're too anime. There's nothing wrong with anime style, of course- my own drawings tend to be that way- but it isn't really a look that would fit in the game.

The three portraits were done by Shroedinger/Catherine M, by the way. Just so no one thinks I did them and she gets the credit she deserves. The best I can do is, well, Louise. And I had a ton of help from everyone on the boards with that.

Aaran looks...upset. Poor thing. I think I already have a favourite new character to dote on. I like the snippet of adventure too. Will you post more of it later or keep it a secret?

Oh, yay, someone likes Aaran. Yes, he's usually a bit upset about things, though you get smiles at the end of his adventure, at least. I'll try to post another piece of his adventure later tonight... I need to be out the door as soon as I finish this one Louise event I'm doing. Sunday is errands day, and I have a whole pile of junk to get done.

My girls usually end up having this whole circle with Magsa, Luti, Cyrus, Cirillo and Piccolet: 3 of the largest and 2 of the most infamous. I expect some sort of riot going on among the girls later on because of this.

Luti's one of the guys I'm personally quite fond of, but I don't think any of my female students has gotten real close to yet. I may have to change that. He's a good guy, deep down. Fun to write, too.

And that does indeed sound like a gang that will cause some fuss in later years. I'd add Carmine, too. He's a jerk, but he's one of the most handsome boys in the game, in my opinion. (Still a jerk, though.)

My guys gather oddballs like Flore, Prudence, Ana, Sima and such. I like Ana as a friend. When lightning doesn't strike solely because she's around, she's one of the few innocently decent person around. For some reason I never really make an Avila boy..not too many girls either. I guess Avila just strikes me as a tad odd, or so the Godina student in me says (Godina being my favourite college)

Avila is odd. Personally, I don't play them often because there's no chance at them winning the merit competition. Even with this mod, Aaran tries to help, but it gets them nowhere. Miya sadly doesn't help Godina, much, either, but I think Antonio does help push Aranaz a bit forward (though Vernin and Mordivus are still usually the winners without player control). Louise just doesn't compete.

I just don't play Avila boys, I have to admit. That's the one adventure in the game that I plain don't like- it makes your character in to some kid casanova who I find really obnoxious. Aaran should probably appear in that adventure someway, though, as Cyrus and Avgust do, but right now my rule is don't touch any of the content already in the game, just create new stuff. Thus, this mod can load lower then the latest DLC so you can get all the benefits of DLC 16 when it comes out. Which is good, I think. DLC's rule.

I actually like all those girls you mentioned. That one male roleplay I did... I think he's doomed to be with Prudence. He will fight it every step of the way, possibly learning Mastery from Emilia in order to do it, but he's doomed. They will take over the world together one day, and it will be glorious. And very messy.

When I get done with the load of errands I have to do today (which will probably be dinner), I'll see about posting something else of Aaran's adventure or an event... and starting on Louise's adventure. I'm sort of going back and forth on her.

Louise's adventure is quite personal to her, and you do her a huge amount of help and become quite close to her in the process of it. So I think raising her maximum relationship makes sense as a reward for it. However, that would mean male characters would get the 'Love' emotion radiating at them, and well, Louise does not prefer males. I don't want it to seem like a bait and switch when we finally get to year three and four and have romances- "Hey, it said she loved me all this time and now she won't romance me". But it really does make sense for the maximum to be increased.

Maybe I'll do it by just one point, so all you get is the 'Affection' emotion? But that's still slightly misleading, although the male PC is certainly her BFF forever at that point.

I don't know. I'd appreciate any thoughts on it.

I dislike Carmine for his adventure...considering the absurdly large number of adventures that my characters end up doing, being forced to prove yourself for someone ends up at the bottom of the list. Instead it's saving Ana or helping Cirillo or having fun with Uliva. People who actually need your help instead of making you reach for the high-hanging apple. Even Reitz asks for help as nicely as he can. Besides, what Carmine does in his adventure, the PC can do in a much more daring adventure available, like the pirates or getting kidnapped. I would have added Reitz to the clique, buut considering his adventure, I thought maybe in later years. I do agree that he is a handsome kid but it's unlikely he'll stop being a jerk.

I'm also quite fond of Luti as he is genuinely a nice guy, especially for most of my characters who end up Godina. He takes blame for others, helps his friends and even those who aren't his friends but are in the same college and he's fun. (The Avila vs Godina event is amusing)

I think the kid Casanova fits the college? In Godina all kids are kids, they all play Rimbal, they all gather together ignoring most of their differences (Silke, Vuillaume, Luti, Alan, Cirillo...they have almost nothing in common ), they all ...have this sort of unity that is regardless of gender. In Avila, gender seems to matter a lot and even girls are more interested in romance than others and their interactions are shown to be ...flirty? I'm not sure that's the right word, but it's what came to mind. There are exceptions, of course, but it seems like their main representatives (Cyrus, Olivia, your PC regardless of gender) are much more interested in that.

I don't think Louise's extra point would hint at too much. There was that quote "bros before...ladies of ill repute". People click and remain friends for longer than some marriages without romantical love between them. Besides, none of us know how relationships will evolve to Year 3 or 4 so until then if it seems normal, add the extra point. Besides, doing the adventures makes several characters "Love" you so there has to be some sort of triage.

Also, you've got me curious on her adventure.

Your sure the Fan is allowed or is it her special form of a wand? But over all the pictures look good.

It looks like a sterotypical 'pretty Asian' fan on one side, but the other side in bright green it says 'Go Rimbal! Go Godina!'. She flips over that side whenever Regent Massioti is around, and he very much approves of it and, has, in fact, ordered that all students in Godina be given one by their mentor in Student Orientation so they can act as a better Rimbal cheering squad. In their spare time in the common room, the students practice Rimbal-fan dancing. It's the newest fad.

...I'm kidding. Probably. Though Miya would do that if necessary.

More seriously, if I can carry around a longsword and a Dragon currently in the form of a book, Miya can get away with carrying around a fan. She has high Finesse and Conceal; she just slips it in her robes for classes besides Rhetoric and keeps it out then and in social situations. She's fond of shutting it with a loud snap whenever someone does something to offend her, and she's not above hitting people with it when they tell her that her stories are lies. As it's a fan, it doesn't really do any damage.

As for wand use... probably not yet, but it has a very similar shape when shut. It's one of those things she wants to learn.

I'm glad you like the portraits! <3

I dislike Carmine for his adventure...considering the absurdly large number of adventures that my characters end up doing, being forced to prove yourself for someone ends up at the bottom of the list. Instead it's saving Ana or helping Cirillo or having fun with Uliva. People who actually need your help instead of making you reach for the high-hanging apple. Even Reitz asks for help as nicely as he can. Besides, what Carmine does in his adventure, the PC can do in a much more daring adventure available, like the pirates or getting kidnapped. I would have added Reitz to the clique, buut considering his adventure, I thought maybe in later years. I do agree that he is a handsome kid but it's unlikely he'll stop being a jerk.

Reitz is the one kid I won't make friends with. What a little... *mumbles words inappropriate to call an eleven or twelve year old kid*, seriously. What a thing to do the person who just helped you out a huge amount. I'd much rather deal with Carmine's 'prove yourself to me, FirstName!' then Reitz's betrayal. But you're right. I tend to prefer students who want your help or who want to hang out with you (which usually turns in to them needing your help) then students who demand something of you. There's a few other kids who have a sort of 'prove you're worthy of adventuring with me!' vibe going on, and it's sort of like, 'Dude, I saved Mineta, seriously. Probably twice. Pull the other one.'

I'm also quite fond of Luti as he is genuinely a nice guy, especially for most of my characters who end up Godina. He takes blame for others, helps his friends and even those who aren't his friends but are in the same college and he's fun. (The Avila vs Godina event is amusing)

I'm very fond of that event, myself. But I tend to love the rivalries, which is probably why I adore Aymeri so much. One day, he'll be sneakier. One day. Darn that Cobo!

I think the kid Casanova fits the college? In Godina all kids are kids, they all play Rimbal, they all gather together ignoring most of their differences (Silke, Vuillaume, Luti, Alan, Cirillo...they have almost nothing in common ), they all ...have this sort of unity that is regardless of gender. In Avila, gender seems to matter a lot and even girls are more interested in romance than others and their interactions are shown to be ...flirty? I'm not sure that's the right word, but it's what came to mind. There are exceptions, of course, but it seems like their main representatives (Cyrus, Olivia, your PC regardless of gender) are much more interested in that.

Gender does seem more important to Avila then it does to most collages, but I'm uncomfortable with the kid casanova thing. I mean, I'd argue that Joana of Mordivus is as just in to romance as Cyrus or Olivia are, in her own broken sort of way (and Vettor is certainly paying attention to it, too), and other students of Avila- Avgust, Oribeal, Ana... really everyone but Cyrus and Olivia (and the Professor) seem to be paying it no mind. So it feels strange that to me that the Avila Boys Adventure- which is at it's core the adventure of you, your strange roommate, a street kid gang member, and everyone you meet up along the way against an evil Dorm Mother and a bunch of goblins- also is like 'by the way, your boy likes girls a lot and is constantly in to romancing them'. What if my boy hasn't noticed girls yet? What if he just has a crush on one specific girl? The adventure sort of forces the personality of 'flirt' on you, and I didn't really enjoy it.

I don't think Louise's extra point would hint at too much. There was that quote "bros before...ladies of ill repute". People click and remain friends for longer than some marriages without romantical love between them. Besides, none of us know how relationships will evolve to Year 3 or 4 so until then if it seems normal, add the extra point. Besides, doing the adventures makes several characters "Love" you so there has to be some sort of triage.

Also, you've got me curious on her adventure.

"Sisters before misters", huh? I suppose that makes sense. The description of the love emotion certainly does nothing to imply that it's romantic love, after all. I don't think it's supposed to be, though I do wonder if I'm correct, why it and affection then only work for the opposite gender. It seems like if it's just the close friendship love, it should work for anyone who gets 12 relationship. Still, I'll probably go with the point for now. Louise events, if nothing else, make it clear that she has issues with boys, and she honestly doesn't really have a sexual preference yet, anyway (I mean, I know as her creator that she's a lesbian, as that's the whole reason she was written was so that there would be kids for lesbian and gay characters to date, but seriously, she's eleven- she just knows that boys are generally gross, but girls are stupid, too, so there). Out of the four characters, she's the least self-aware and confident in her identity, after all. Maybe depending on how relationships are written in the further years, the subject could be explored... she could be confused on why she's so close to your male character and adores him so much, yet feels nothing for him romantically. I don't know. I guess we'll see.

As for her adventure? It involves birds, and it involves a step with her absolutely hating your guts. But things get better.

My thing with Reitz is that his adventure is very cool. It's not just "let's sneak about and cause mischief", it's not the "help me with my issues"...he goes big. And his adventure is fun, exciting and gets you a unique reward. I do sort of get him...considering how he is being set up, you're basically left shouting "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!". I also get his point of view: that of a mercenary, greedy, ambitious kid and for that he's doing something smart. Besides it's not harming you or trying to kill you, so morally he could consider it as not doing anything really wrong. It's still a rotten thing to do, he's still a bad friend and considering what you've been through, he has a very short memory. But he's interesting and I want to see him develop his Year 2 adventure with his missing memories. He's also one of the only kids in the year you could probably call truly wicked: Phillipe's a bully but a petty one, the Aranaz plotters are generally shown as malicious but aren't bad, Rui is just a prankster...but Reitz is devious (One of my characters attributes it to the 'von' in the name)

I don't think Joana or Vettor are romantic to the nature of the Avila. They have a crush which can happen at any age. Only the Avila characters are actually shown as flirty to as many girls/guys as possible. Mostly girls through Cyrus. Olivia has a crush too, but she's the only one whose personality is defined by it. I suppose to them it's mature? They like emulating Cyrus? Don't know. Since even the girl PC comes across as flirty, I'd say it was the college type behaviour...Glamour, appearances, bedazzlement. I know the adventure, I did notice the casanova thing, but at eleven or twelve, it might be just a phase or bravado or whatever it is kids do to show off to large groups because appearences - especially in Avila - are important. I like the fact that the colleges have a very different feel from one another, though and I, too, enjoy the rivalries so the next few years should be fun.

And we've gone off topic for a bit...sorry?

Considering Louise is supposed to dislike everyone...well, I don't think it's going to be a problem. At eleven I was still collecting pokemon. Romance was not on my mind.

Her adventure sounds fun. Will you do events that include the other new characters? Since they wouldn't appear in the original content, they'd be in less events.

My thing with Reitz is that his adventure is very cool. It's not just "let's sneak about and cause mischief", it's not the "help me with my issues"...he goes big. And his adventure is fun, exciting and gets you a unique reward. I do sort of get him...considering how he is being set up, you're basically left shouting "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!". I also get his point of view: that of a mercenary, greedy, ambitious kid and for that he's doing something smart. Besides it's not harming you or trying to kill you, so morally he could consider it as not doing anything really wrong. It's still a rotten thing to do, he's still a bad friend and considering what you've been through, he has a very short memory. But he's interesting and I want to see him develop his Year 2 adventure with his missing memories. He's also one of the only kids in the year you could probably call truly wicked: Phillipe's a bully but a petty one, the Aranaz plotters are generally shown as malicious but aren't bad, Rui is just a prankster...but Reitz is devious (One of my characters attributes it to the 'von' in the name)

I agree generally with everything you said, and you do sort of have to almost admire Reitz for his reach... but I still can't forgive him. I sort of wonder what his next year's adventure will be. Him stabbing you in the back again and you having to mindwipe him once more in to being a good friend again? I could buy it. (Actually, that would be amusing if it was a cycle that repeated itself till it's fifth year, though it would be a bit tiring.) In any case, I think my main problem with him is that your character doesn't get revenge. You get poetic justice: he attempts to mindwipe you, so you mindwipe him, but you don't get *revenge*. There's nothing on his consciousness stopping him from doing the same thing again. It's very hard to trust him after year one's adventure, no matter how many instructors he bribes for you.

I don't think Joana or Vettor are romantic to the nature of the Avila. They have a crush which can happen at any age. Only the Avila characters are actually shown as flirty to as many girls/guys as possible. Mostly girls through Cyrus. Olivia has a crush too, but she's the only one whose personality is defined by it. I suppose to them it's mature? They like emulating Cyrus? Don't know. Since even the girl PC comes across as flirty, I'd say it was the college type behaviour...Glamour, appearances, bedazzlement. I know the adventure, I did notice the casanova thing, but at eleven or twelve, it might be just a phase or bravado or whatever it is kids do to show off to large groups because appearences - especially in Avila - are important. I like the fact that the colleges have a very different feel from one another, though and I, too, enjoy the rivalries so the next few years should be fun.

I just don't like the feeling of having a personality trait 'deadlocked' for me, I think. No other house's adventure is like that- for all that Aranaz is the sneaky house, not even the 'sneak around in the shadows to become student council adventure' forces you to be sneaky: you can be very direct throughout it. As that's basically the 'main' adventure for an Avila male character, I feel like it should be open for all personality types. For all means, give my character the option to flirt for information and use the flirting and dating and romance skills repeatedly- I'll probably even use those options, as those skills don't appear enough. But don't assume that's my main character trait for the whole adventure. The adventures and events generally do a good job of letting you play whatever sort of character you like throughout them (though the nature of the game means that playing someone who doesn't like helping people is nearly impossible). So the very few adventures that force an exterior personality on you instead of allowing you to choose and roleplay your own personality annoy me. For me, it's the Avila boys adventure and Philippe's duel adventure that I don't like.

And we've gone off topic for a bit...sorry?

Hey, I don't mind. Someone is talking in my thread! That just makes me happy. It's a sign someone's paying attention, and that means I keep myself writing rather then wandering off playing video games. ;)

Considering Louise is supposed to dislike everyone...well, I don't think it's going to be a problem. At eleven I was still collecting pokemon. Romance was not on my mind.

Mmhm. I had a pretty good idea of who and what I liked at an age younger then eleven, but I think everyone develops at different ages. I imagine Miya has a much better idea of how she feels then Louise does, but Miya cares a lot more for romance, flirting, dating and such then Louise does and spends more time thinking about it and considering it (and telling stories about it). Very different girls, different cares.

Her adventure sounds fun. Will you do events that include the other new characters? Since they wouldn't appear in the original content, they'd be in less events.

Her adventure isn't fun. It's evil! Miya's adventure is going to be fun. Antonio's is stressful, Aaran's is tedious, and Louise's is evil. It all makes sense, somehow.

Do you mean do they appear in each other's events? Antonio is poking holes in one of Miya's stories in one of her events, and Aaran gets a mention in Antonio's adventure when he's talking about health. I've thought about them appearing in each other's stuff a bit, but I wouldn't want to make it seem like the only people they interact with is each other.

To be honest, it would be easy to write Antonio and Miya interacting. They're both incredibly social and have a shared hobby of acting. They probably almost get along- she thinks the concept of mercenaries is sort of horrifying and just wrong, while he finds her lies sort of tiring, but they don't do anything more then occasionally bicker.

But the others, it's harder. All three of the others would basically disregard Aaran (Antonio as 'the sickly kid', Miya as 'the weird boy who makes weird things happen', and I doubt Louise even knows that he actually exists (seriously, she'd be like 'What the dragons is an Aaran and why should I care about it? Really, he's a student in this year? Are you sure? I've never seen him. I don't think he exists.')). Louise and Antonio take Revision together, but wouldn't really interact (she'd think he's just another smarmy jerk who's playing at school politics, and he'd think she's just a miserable person not worth his effort). Louise would find Miya absolutely horrible and yet another example of stupid girl's too in to stupid stuff who pollute the academy, while Miya would just think she's a meanie who doesn't appreciate anything fun. And Aaran would probably be barely aware of the others. Louise is 'one of those angry girls, but at least this one doesn't punch me', Miya is 'oh, that foreign girl in Godina who lies a lot, right?', and Antonio is 'that kid in my Dialect class who actually appears to like the class rather then hiding in the back and desperately hoping not to be called on like I do'.

I've thought about trying to write an event with all four of them in it, just to say I did so and for the sake of doing so, but I simply cannot think of any event where they would all four be together beyond "Someone randomly locked them in a room with you. Yep. That's what happened."

I can't find a part of Aaran's adventure that's not either A) pretty darn boring, actually, B) similar to the last part I posted about City Hall or C) spoilerific, so have an event, instead.

Three people walk in to the Avila common room from three different entrances: you're returning to your dorm after being outside, [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Aaran Ledale is on his way from his dorm to the entrance, and [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Ana Flavia Bessa just came in from the entrance that leads to the girl's towers. It's pretty simple. Or it should be.

Then it gets really hard to figure out what happens. There's a lot of screaming from all three of you, a commotion involving familiars, a few phemes, a mobile of the stars crashing to the floor, a couch suddenly finding itself on fire, papers and posters going every which way, and one chance to thank the lucky stars that, at least, Kurt Henning is not in Avila.

Then there's just sweet blackness as you fall unconscious.

Unfortunately, when you come to your senses, the first thing you see are two worried sets of eyes. Both Ana and Aaran have adjusted to crouching at your side, which would be sweet if it wasn't terrifying. A moment later, you realize you're in horrendous pain, there's something large on top of you (pinning your primary wand hand, too) and you're soaking wet.

"We put out the fire," Ana says a bit timidly. "Are you-?"

Before she can manage the word okay, you can see her hand reaching out to smooth back your hair, and Aaran's hand reaching out to take your wand and move it to your other hand. Both involve them touching you, which causes you to tense and cringe, which causes the pain to get worse, and then for a moment you think you might fall unconscious again which would be really nice right now, but then Aaran snaps his fingers in front of your face, pulling you back to reality.

"I don't think [Character]Character/Self has a concussion," Aaran tells Ava. "Still, we should get [Character]Character/Self to the infirmary."

"Right!" Ana stands up. She looks extremely guilty, which makes you feel a tiny bit better. "First, we have to get the couch off [Character]Character/Self..."

You wince in preparation, and then are shocked at the sound of glass shattering again. Both Aaran and Ana go flying to the floor as glass-shards rain down on the room. The couch blocks most of them, but one does scratch your free hand pretty badly. There goes your wand use.

"Maybe we should stick to magic."

"Is there a spell to get a couch off of someone? When that someone is stuck to the couch?"

"...We can try another wind-charm?"

Life is seeming spectacularly unfair right now. And you're pretty sure you're going to die if this continues any longer.

Accept the end with grace. Maybe a few tears, but mostly grace.

They manage to get the couch off of you. They do that by somehow rolling you and the couch, jostling bruises you didn't know you had and making a few new ones, but they manage.

Then they manage to get you unstuck to the couch, by sticking you to the floor.

"This is too hard," Aaran complains at that point. He curls up against the wall, looking pale and miserable, though considering your own condition, it's hard to be sympathetic. "[Character]Character/Self is going to be dead by the time we're done. And if we continue this, I'll probably die first."

"Don't say that!" Ana looks no better, though. She also looks like she's about to burst in to tears. "We can fix it-"

"We've tried fixing it," Aaran protests. "We keep making it worse."

"Uh-oh," Ana says.

You cringe.

Then they're both screaming, and you see the planet Dox above you shaking... shaking...

"Why is always Dox?" Aaran complains, then he and Ana go and dive for cover.

You don't have that luxury. Dox falls on top of you, and then there's that sweet, sweet unconsciousness again.

When you wake up, you're in the infirmary.

The nurse taking care of you just looks down at you in disbelief. "This might just be the craziest story I've heard all year."

You remind yourself to avoid your own common room from now on.

They probably shouldn't be allowed to hang out together. It's just not good for sanity.

I need to write more events of Miya telling stories and Aaran being sickly and weird, as that's what they do, and there's not enough events about that. But I think I'm going to try and work on Louise's adventure a bit. Argh, adventure's. They're my bane.

There are other exits, never fear! You can Command or Intimidate your way to getting the two with the bad luck in to fixing things, or Pray for sanity to come and save you.

The auto exit simply amuses me the most, though, so it got posted.

I have a headache today, and sadly, work I need to get done. But I'll attempt to work on Louise's adventure today after all the boring stuff is done. :) Her adventure is pretty straightforward, at least. No branches or long periods of torture at City Hall. Just birds, and some rage.

Miya is irritated that stupid Aaran is getting all the attention here, so one more teaser:

He's small. He's adorable. And he just stole your wand.

That's what you're thinking as you chase after [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Miya Hikari's little fox familiar, [Familiar]Familiar/List of Familiar/Aki. The creature had bounced up to you, begging you to play with him, and you had (perhaps foolishly) obliged. All was going well and you were being sucked in to the spell of adorableness when the darned creature spotted your wand, proclaimed, "Treat!", and went running off with it.

Which means you're now stuck on a wild chase around campus trying to catch up to the fox. He leads you over hills, up trees, across a river, through a few gardens... and then back to where you started, where Miya is now waiting.

"Treat!" Aki proclaims, climbing up his human and disposing your wand in her hand.

"Good boy, Aki! Oh... um. Er. I'm not sure you should have this..." Miya says slowly.

That's when you show up.

Miya looks at you, the wand, her familiar, and then cringes. She holds the wand out to you; you snatch it back.

"Um. I don't suppose you'd be willing to just forgive and forget?"

Blackmail. Oh, there's no way you're letting her get away with this. The teachers sure would like to know that she's having her familiar steal items from other students...

"This most noble storyteller would never ask her boon companion to steal items," Miya says quickly. "Her dear familiar simply... has a mind of his own, and sometimes picks up items he sees as interesting. Usually he just brings me pims or interesting looking rocks, honestly."

That's a nice story. But will it hold up to the teachers investigations?

Miya sighs. "No, probably not. The teachers are out to get me, I swear. Just because I'm the daughter of smugglers..."

She grumbles under her breath for a few moments, then refocuses on you. "Fifty pims sound alright?"

Fifty pims sounds lovely, in fact.

Miya pulls the money out of her pouch, handing it over to you with a sigh.

Aki looks at the exchange curiously, then looks at you. "Nice play!" he tells you, in his heavily accented voice.

Nice play, indeed.

"Oh, shush, you," Miya grumbles at Aki, stomping away.

That event also has the Bullying option where you make her cry, too. It's not a very nice option.

Finished today's work, so I'm off to starting on Louise right now. Her adventure is looking short, which worries me. Student Adventure's seem to have at least six steps, and right now in my plans I'm clocking in at five. I'll have to see if I can slip in an extra step somehow.

Okay, I'm dead-lining myself.

This project- at least the basics- will be done by February 13th, two weeks from now. I will have all the basic adventures and all the events I can think of in game. I will have tested the mod to the best of my solo ability to make sure it doesn't suddenly pop out of your computer and start installing EUIII for you or otherwise corrupting things (and that, you know, the adventures well, work).

I say the basics to give myself time, if I want to, to write the extra five adventures that at least partially involve these kids that I want to work on (the Aaran Mastery one is actually important for his character and will probably get done, but the play's the thing, cardgamesftw, the sword master, and the dogwalking adventure can and probably will be saved and done at a later date).

This doesn't mean the mod will necessarily be released then. My current plan for the mod is to send the file over to the Legate and team, see what they think about it, and see if it could be released as part of a DLC if I make whatever tweaks they desire and bludgeon everything in to sanity. Only if there's no chance that this can be released as part of the official content will I actually release it as a plain mod, as it would obviously be much easier for me, anyway, if it was official (and more hopeful for characters planning on playing through as gay or lesbian). But, well, we'll see how that goes.

So: two weeks. Watch the date and all that. :)

As always, any questions or suggestions are welcome and happily wanted. So, um, please say whatever you want to say. :)

If you listen to music during the times you think of one of the characters (or all of them) soon you'll have that song connected to them. Then if you hear it again, you either get inspired or just want to write more. At least that's how it works for me. Might help you reach your deadline.

Miya sounds fun. As does Aki.

As for Louise you could add some complications that aren't directly related, I suppose. If not, just compensate by some extra events after the adventure itself. Or another small adventure.

Two weeks?

Are you sure that isn't a bit of a rush? Just remember to take care of your health and remember to get up and walk around after sitting for long hours typing away at a screen.

*Parent mode off*smile.gif

Yes, dad. ;)

I think I'll be okay. I've gotten a pretty good start, after all. This weekend will be a bit more iffy- I have a party to go to that may drain my soul and all that I am (...I'm really not a party person), but I still have plenty of time. Work's basically at an all time low (well, it's been worse before, but it is pretty low), so I don't have too much to worry about on that front.

I'm really bad at remembering to get up, walk away from the computer, and look away for a while, but I'll try to remember it. ;;

If you listen to music during the times you think of one of the characters (or all of them) soon you'll have that song connected to them. Then if you hear it again, you either get inspired or just want to write more. At least that's how it works for me. Might help you reach your deadline.

Miya sounds fun. As does Aki.

As for Louise you could add some complications that aren't directly related, I suppose. If not, just compensate by some extra events after the adventure itself. Or another small adventure.

I actually have different music I listen to for each character. Aaran, I just listen to classical. Miya, I listen to JPop. Antonio, I listen to Spanish rock. Louise, I listen to... um... German techno.

It fits! Somehow, it fits. I swear.

Miya is sort of obnoxious, but she can be fun. Her familiar is definitely fun, though. And cute. Don't forget the cute part, or he'll be very upset.

I added an extra part to Louise's adventure. It's just talking, not a skill check, but I suppose it'll work. Her adventure's scope is pretty small, but it's important to her.

What I'm doing for writing adventures right now is to write out the adventure, writing one exit for each part and then zipping along to the next part. Then I'll go back and fill in more exits after I finish the 'outlined' adventure in it's whole. I think the last step might only have one exit, though, but I'm content with that. I'll have to see what other people think, when testing happens.

Louise's adventure is done. I might want to go back to it and add more exits, but it exists and is doable (...at least, I think so), doesn't have any ridiculously high skill checks (I'm looking at you, Aaran), and explains who Louise is in, er, a massive info dump, but you can get away with using any trope once or twice, I think. Right? Right.

Next up, writing some events for Antonio and Louise. Louise only has one event, and Antonio has none. This makes them grumpy. Miya and Aaran have seven events, but I want to do a few more for them. I'll get Louise and Antonio to seven before working on them, though... makes sense to get everyone to the required amount and then worry about extras.

Still have Antonio and Miya's adventures to do yet, too. I think I have a pretty good idea of how Antonio's adventure is going to go- it has a bit of 'series of unconnected events' feeling at first, but then everything locks together. Miya, I'm a bit iffy on. I know the first three steps, then I have no real idea what happens. Mineta Thieves Guild, huh.

I've went and refreshed my knowledge of them by reading events, but I stand my my assertion: the Mineta Thieves Guild has quite a few members that really, really aren't that bright.

(I suppose the joke is, then Miya will fit right in!, isn't it?)

It's hard to take them seriously as a criminal organization when they keep getting their plans foiled by an eleven year old. And their plans aren't that good, to begin with. But Miya will join them! Somehow! Someway!

Oh, and reminder to self: Self, you need to change Miya's ability in to something that works. Seriously.

Changed Miya's ability in to something that works. Thanks for the reminder, self!

(No problem!)

Apparently, if you want to become friends with Louise, you should pick up the Wrestling skill, as she apparently will fight anyone put in front of her. Other bullies? They shake you down. They cast Joana's fail spell of doom. They soak you with water. Louise? Louise just starts punching people. It's really quite rude. You'd think her mother would have taught her better.

I'm still having trouble coming up with Louise events. Might jump over and try doing some of Antonio's instead, although that's something of a jump.

Seven Louise events, done. Bully fight, hawk attack, hair problems, loner, Prudence fight, rimbal hate, and worms studying. As with the others, I might want to add more events, but only after I give Antonio his seven events. He's waited very patiently, but he's starting to get an eyebrow twitch.

With her adventure and events done, and Aaran having his adventure and events done, I think that means I'm halfway done. Do I get some sort of reward for this? Maybe sprinklers? I always liked those. Hurray for halfway done-ness! Thanks for sticking with me this far! Please hang around for the rest of this mess, too. :)

What I should probably do next is Miya's adventure, but I might do Antonio's events instead. That will happen Sunday, if I'm not too hungover (...party's are rough).

Now, I need to cook five gazillion cookies for the party tomorrow or something. I wonder if I should do a round of testing now, or just wait until I get Miya and Antonio's adventure done?

Archived