Black Chicken Studios Forums

Mikka's Modding Project!

Mikka

My experience with the music tends to end up entirely random. One time my neighbours were blasting Lady Gaga through the walls while I was reading a creepy horror story. Now I cannot listen to that woman without thinking of ghosts with hatchets. Similarly, everytime I hear a certain fairly romantic-in-a-naive-way song I only think of vampires (the horrid monster ones, Carpenter-style).

You could give the Thieves' Guild the benefit of a doubt as the plans you can see are only the silly ones. Thus you could expect the good, solid, sneaky plans to not be so visible. Kind of a Vampire: World of Darkness approach to hunters: if the thieves are bad enough to be caught by the guards (or an eleven year old) then they don't deserve to be in the guild and it just weeds out the stupid. The ones in Cirillo's adventure or in Piccolet's are sort of decent.

..Is Louise any good at Wrestling?

Your reward for half done-ness is ... well, I guess I could give you a picture of ice cream or something? Brownie points? You earned some of those too. Internets?

Good luck with the party and testing and all....while others are studying *grumbles*. ...Can I have a cookie?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't listen to Lady Gaga without thinking of Japanese computers singing, so you're probably one up on me. I'd rather think of ghosts with hatchets.

I just can't get over the thieves guild initiation rite partially being beating each other up. That part will be fun to write about, though. Miya wants you to train her to be prepared for it. This can involve teaching her how to wrestle, though that's one of the harder methods.

Louise is very good at wrestling, generally. Wrestling is her favorite way of communicating with people. She wrestles with Phillippe, Joana, Prudence, and her owl, and I intend to write an event where she can wrestle with you. And maybe other people, if I can come up with any ideas. Louise is just different that way.

Internets! I always wanted to win free internets. I'm always giving them to people, but I never get them. Hurray! Happy days and all that.

Thanks. I baked five gazillion cookies and a big pan of brownies. Now I need to go pick up wine. Not really looking forward to it, but it's a double birthday party for two close friends of mine, so I guess I should just be happy they didn't decide to hold their parties different days and make me go to *two* parties. Mutter, mutter. And sure, you can have cookies. Have many cookies. I probably baked too many.

Good luck studying. ;)

Antonio work tomorrow. Antonio is the easiest of the four to write, as he is the one who most resembles a sane and reasonable person and thus I don't have to make extremely bizarre leaps of logic. Like a spider appears, Antonio will be like, "Oh, a spider appeared." But Aaran will be like "I SUMMONED THE SPIDER. Somehow. Am I Gates Mage? Oh stars, I'm a Gates Mage. I BECAME A GATES MAGE. FATE IS BAD. ARGGHH.", Louise will be like "This spider is a sign of ALL THAT IS WRONG AT THE ACADEMAGIA AND EVERYTHING IS WRONG. I will squish the spider! THAT'LL SHOW THEM ALL!" and Miya will be all "This spider reminds me of the time when I surfed on the back of a dove chasing ninjas with a lasso. Do you want to hear my story, Mister Spider? YOU WANT TO HEAR MY STORY. DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM ME, I AM A PRINCESS AND I WILL NOT BE WALKED AWAY FROM."

And Antonio is like, "Seriously, people, it's a spider. Dude. Who cares?"

So 'work on Antonio day' became more 'do chores and errands that I had been putting off day'. That's alright.

And next weekend I don't have free as I expected, as I have forcefully been signed up to go on a wine and chocolate event tour (note that this is not a great hassle to me ;)). That's alright, too.

It just means I'll have to work extra hard this week, and try and get Miya and Antonio's adventure's done and Antonio's events. Then the three days of the week after that, I can add in extra events that I want to add. Testing will be done... somewhere in the midst of this. I don't know. I'll figure it out. I don't intend on going back on my planned date, unless I do get sick. If I come down with the flu (which is rampant in my town, currently), I'm giving myself an extra week. But I don't intend on getting sick.

So yeah. The 13th. Look forward to that, I guess.

Going to try and at least get one Antonio event done today. I know I said I had plenty of ideas for him, but now I'm feeling self-conscious and thinking some won't work very well. So, um, if you have any ideas for a perfectionist mercenary brat who really can't compete with the PC but gives it a good try all the same, let me know. Because I can always use ideas.

(I used a lot of you people's ideas with Louise. >.>)

So, that's basically where I stand at the moment. Tomorrow I'll be working on Antonio for real, as nothing should get in my way. Which is nice.

But, but, I can't find any of them... :( Argh. I might have to read through every lore topic, though that's going to have to wait until after I finish this mod.

Switched from Antonio, who I am at a loss of ideas for, over to Miya. From her adventure, an Ethics success (success?):

"Stealing is wrong," you tell Miya gravely.

"Nuh-uh," she says. "It keeps the economy going."

...What?

"If there were no thieves, no one would pay their protection money, and all the enforcers would be out of business. It would be horrible! All those jobs, lost. What would they do with themselves? They can't even join the gangs, because, well, no thievery! It would be a major problem and the city of Mineta would have to pay a lot of money trying to figure out what to do with them."

Or the city of Mineta could just throw the scoundrels in jail, which would cost less then the costs the shopkeepers lose to thieves, you're pretty sure.

"But that's mean!" Miya says, horrified. "Jail is an awful place. They never serve fish, they make you wash your own dishes, and you have to pee in a bucket. It's very gross."

You're getting off topic, here. You go in to a lecture about morals and ethics and why stealing is a bad thing to do, but Miya's eyes only glaze over. Finally, she just stomps her foot in a huff. "Okay, so basically you're saying, I shouldn't steal around you because if I do you're going to get all whiny and preachy about it, right?"

...No! That isn't it at all!

Miya doesn't listen to you, and only sighs. "And I was going to allow you to be my dashing sidekick. Oh well. Your loss!"

I ...I definitely know Mika. She's the girls I helped sneak into the professor's lounge to steal cake which escalated into bribing the porter to let us out and skip class for the rest of the day and go to the park(to eat the cake of course). I nearly failed Maths because of her... Bad influence but all around good fun. Unless you get caught. Will we?

Antonio...he's from Monteon, so a character who knows the mercenaries or the language should get an adventure. Either meet the mercenaries and get invited to a drink/walk/gambling den and Antonio wants to join and hits it off with them (and the PC) or make Sido spark a discussion in Dialectic about them which both the PC and Antonio collaborate. Or make Sido give them a project for extra credit since they both know so much and he heard the mercenaries were in town.

Since it's gambling, he and Cirillo should have a decent one-off rivalry which could escalate. You either prove you're better than both or just calm them both down. What about his familiar? If the PC thinks Faunco's a stray, he/she might want to care for it for a bit until Antonio comes looking for it. He could fall asleep in the library while the PC is sneaking in and they both have to get out without alerting the "authorities".

That's what I've come up with so far. Will probably add more if I can think of them and you need them.

...Wine and chocolate tour? Where do I sign up? Jeez, I wish we had that. Perfect way to celebrate the end of finals. I'm sure you will suffer stoically through it all, though. Good luck and Godspeed!

Miya is charming, witty, exotic, and genuinely friendly. She's also a spoiled brat who happens to be a thief who has absolutely no ethics or morals. She definitely isn't the type of girl I'd take home to mom- she'd probably steal your silverware. But I'm trying to balance both sides of her. She's actually a bit sweeter then her events then she is in her adventure, I think.

Her adventure, by the way, is now done. I haven't re-read it to make sure it makes a super amount of sense, but it's done. It's sort of screwy and it's hard to do it with someone who considers themselves 'good' though. I mean, you're helping a girl get in to the Thieves Guild. There's no path to keep her out of them. You just have to... not do the adventure if you don't like that. I think that's fair enough, in the end. There are plenty of options to scold her, though.

As for getting caught... actually, I think you escape mostly unscathed so far. Wait till year two, I guess.

I like your Antonio ideas, MadHatt. :) I'll try and work some of them in, though I think I might take a break for the evening. And if you have any more ideas, please share them! All that's left is Antonio's events and Antonio's adventure. Hopefully, tomorrow I can finish his events, then Thursday and Friday I can do his adventure. Then I can use Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to test and to add some extra events for everyone, if anything comes to mind.

Indeed, a wine and chocolate tour. It's a great hardship, you understand. ;) I might still have time Saturday evening for writing, though, but Saturday and Sunday should be mostly full of touring vineyards and eating their chocolate and tasting their wine. I can't really complain.

I ...I definitely know Mika. She's the girls I helped sneak into the professor's lounge to steal cake which escalated into bribing the porter to let us out and skip class for the rest of the day and go to the park(to eat the cake of course). I nearly failed Maths because of her... Bad influence but all around good fun. Unless you get caught. Will we?

Mikka, writing self-insert is a bad thing!!!! :P

Yeah, I noticed that. Companion Mika, hm? I'd obviously have to give her a ten in all stats, of course. And she'd have to have a custom ability to join every clique, because everyone just likes her so darn much. And she'd give you a clique bonus better the Emilia, Alan, and Silke's combined, because she's just so darn special.

...You guys say I should stick to Miya? Well, alrighttttt.

Dragonborn came out for Skyrim PC, and man, it's almost killing me to not buy it and start playing me. Guys, I swear it's taunting me. Dovahkin dovahkin da da da da da da... I mean, I know I can't buy it because then I will be playing it, not modding this, but it really wants to be bought. It takes us back to Morrowind! Morrowind, which properly modded up is one of my favorite games ever! I want to go baaaaaccckkkkkkk~!

I finished Antonio's events, but they're dumb and I'm only happy with two out of seven of them. So no spoilers at this time. I hope to add a few more events for him early next week. So please, keep giving out ideas for him (and for the other three, too). I need ideas. I consume ideas. Rawr!

I guess that means it's time to start Antonio's adventure. His adventure is pretty simple at it's core, which is good, though it of course gets complicated for him and the player character the more they get involved in it. There are two adventures that it shares some similarities with, though, so I'm trying my hardest to make it unique. This is sort of hard to talk about without giving details? Well, let's just say it involves sickness, and I don't want it to be like the library wasting disease adventure nor Malacresta's 'help, I need astrology to fix me' adventure. It needs to involve sickness in ways that are new and exciting! ...Somehow. Yeah. I'm trying, anyway. ;;

Idea! How would each one of them react if a bully were to throw a mud pie (or something worse) at their faces? Who would have the most serious reaction?

Sickness? Cure involves sucking up to bullys and professors maybe? Or having to do something utterly against basic survival instincts?

And why did you have to mention Dragonborn!! I'm waiting for at least 50% off both the dlc's (got Hearthfire)

Man, I didn't notice the 'Mika'. In my defence, my phone has a tiny screen. But now, we gotta have a new student :P

I have Dragonborn. Considering I was never a fan of Skyrim in the first place, I can't say I adore it, even if I know so much about it. The Morrowind part of it is odd, I guess, though not odd enough. It didn't hit that nostalgic note I expected. It was just Skyrim with some some stranger features in it. And it's pretty empty. Dragon riding is highly overrated...which just made me sad. I guess, with us going back to Morrowind, I expected more which isn't the right move with Bethesda. Disappointment aside, Skyrim, like Oblivion and Fallout 3 before it, are good enough to play while drinking so there's that.

Oh, and ..a lot of it revolves around killing either Draugr or Ashspawn. Mostly Draugr for me, so far.

Antonio could be spotted praying. A religious PC could bond with him that way. The PC could do something considered highly suspect - superstition wise - and since he was with you, he could ask you to counter it. He could get sick and ask you to help him do something, seeing as he can't get out of the infirmary. Or ask you to help him escape from there.

Idea! How would each one of them react if a bully were to throw a mud pie (or something worse) at their faces? Who would have the most serious reaction?

Louise would punch the bully in the face repeatedly. Antonio would wipe it off and give his best 'try me again, asshole, I dare you' look. Miya would burst in to tears at the injustice of it all and throw a loud enough fit to get the teachers to come looking. Aaran, I think, would probably just run and hide. If the mudpie somehow didn't knock him unconscious already, which it may very well do. Mudpie's are dangerous weapons, after all.

Hm, I might be able to use that.

Sickness? Cure involves sucking up to bullys and professors maybe? Or having to do something utterly against basic survival instincts?

Well, our favorite candy loving bully is one of the ones sick. So it involves working with bullies, to some extent. Not so much professors, though. Which is probably sort of the problem.

And why did you have to mention Dragonborn!! I'm waiting for at least 50% off both the dlc's (got Hearthfire)

Can't say much about Dragonborn yet (it's sooo cloooooose), but Dawnguard sure is fun. Serena's one of the best followers for a proper Bioware experience- she's always chatting away at you. And crossbows! And Vampire Lords and Werewolves actually being useful! And more information on the Falmar, along with creepy dungeons!

Man, I didn't notice the 'Mika'. In my defence, my phone has a tiny screen. But now, we gotta have a new student :P

I think if I do more students, I'll do a Morvidus werewolf, a Durand 'knightly' type (...possibly based off of a certain roleplay I did long ago, only maybe a female version), and a Hedi... okay, I haven't thought of what I would do for Hedi yet. A socialite would be too easy. Maybe someone super shy who hides behind Glamour spells to communicate with everyone, but I don't want to step on Neta's toes.

A Mika student would be really boring. She'd be all like 'I like writing. I like cookies. I don't like being beaten up. Yup. Hey, why has coding not been invented?"

I have Dragonborn. Considering I was never a fan of Skyrim in the first place, I can't say I adore it, even if I know so much about it. The Morrowind part of it is odd, I guess, though not odd enough. It didn't hit that nostalgic note I expected. It was just Skyrim with some some stranger features in it. And it's pretty empty. Dragon riding is highly overrated...which just made me sad. I guess, with us going back to Morrowind, I expected more which isn't the right move with Bethesda. Disappointment aside, Skyrim, like Oblivion and Fallout 3 before it, are good enough to play while drinking so there's that.

Oh, and ..a lot of it revolves around killing either Draugr or Ashspawn. Mostly Draugr for me, so far.

I've turned Skyrim in to some hugely difficult survival doom game, where you're constantly dying of cold exposure and have to eat and keep count of your protean and nutrients to survive and you usually get bumped off in one hit because you're playing with mods that make combat harder on Master difficulty. I don't know why I find this enjoyable, because I just end up dying a lot (getting in to water: usually instant death, because you can't warm up fast enough), but it makes the game more fun for me and has thus made it last longer.

Have to agree with you that it's more fun when drunk, though. I find Skyrim better then Oblivion and Fallout 3, but it doesn't compare at all to Morrowind, in my books. But honestly, I've been playing Skyrim while modding because I can take breaks from it. 'Okay, finished a dungeon, time to get back to modding'. My other game to go to these days is Europea Universalis III, and once I start playing that, I just can't stop. I'm like 'NO TURNING IT OFF UNTIL I BECOME HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR AS SPAIN' or 'MUST TAKE OVER ALL OF CONTINENTAL EUROPE AS THE TEUTONIC KNIGHTS' and hours pass by with me still glued to the screen. I have no self control.

Antonio could be spotted praying. A religious PC could bond with him that way. The PC could do something considered highly suspect - superstition wise - and since he was with you, he could ask you to counter it. He could get sick and ask you to help him do something, seeing as he can't get out of the infirmary. Or ask you to help him escape from there.

I've thought of doing something with Antonio in a temple... that could work. I like the others, too. I'll see if I can work them in.

First, though, the adventure. I'm only on Step 3, and it's 2:30 in the afternoon. /shamed

Morvidus werewolf...that would mark the moment when no one picks the bitter rival background. No one.

I liked the Oblivion character creation better (signs and stats not the faces (good heavens, not the faces)) and ..the thieves guild. But as a general game, yes it was better than Fallout and Oblivion. Morrowind was different. It had been released in a golden age of gaming after Baldur, Arcanum, Black and White, Deus Ex... It was just a different time (better if you ask me but I like old-school games). I don't tend to discuss most of them since I'm a curmudgeon when it comes to games and I know that sometimes annoys people. My friends force themselves to not even mention DA2 around me (or recently anything Bioware) because it sends me into fits and mouth-foam.

Glad you like the ideas. If I think of more, I will add them, though a lot come while at work or in class so ... that's definitely a sign that I've been doing something wrong. If you make an event with all of them it still counts towards individuals, though. You could write a whodunit if you like them. They could either be receiving detention and be forced to spend their time together, could be locked in together, could be actually studying, could be accidently locked in, could be victims of Rui sending letters of blackmail and calling himself Mr. Boddy...

And I've gone too far. Still it does sound like something Rui would do...

Someone suggested an event long ago where Antonio gets injured by his familiar, so here it is:

"I did rest today. I slept five hours last night."

"That's plenty of sleep for a human. I'm not a cat, yes?"

"I relaxed, too. I sat and read a book for what, an hour?"

"That was too relaxing. It was about the Draconic language. Language is relaxing."

"It's not studying! It's hobby-ing! Very relaxing!"

For a moment, you think the pressure has finally gotten to [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Antonio de Reyez e Irizarry-Vargas and he's completely cracked and started holding conversations with himself (something a few tricksters of the year have started taking bets on), but when you wind the corner, you see he's talking to his familiar. [Familiar]Familiar/List of Familiar/Fanuco's ears twitch when you approach, but he otherwise ignores you in order to send completely baleful and unimpressed looks at his human.

"I don't have time to just sit and relax today," Antonio is explaining. "I skipped lunch to read, so I need to get to dinner early. Supposedly, two of the fourth-years are having a fencing duel after dinner, and I want to see that. And I promised Emilia I'd help her with the usual plan before bed. So before that, I need to talk to the Professor about extra credit, revision the walls of my room again so it stops looking possessed, search the library for more books on dead languages, finally greet Zoe in Draconic so she stops teasing me for not knowing it, and make sure you don't get in the Morvidus common room and get an extra meal. No time for relaxing."

You're pretty sure Fanuco just rolled his eyes. You weren't really aware that cats could do that.

"I'm busy!" Antonio protests. "Things are always happening, and I like to keep up with them."

This is where the usual game between them takes place: Fanuco bats at Antonio with his claws, Antonio dodges, Fanuco nips at Antonio's fingers, Antonio laughs, and they go on to whatever adventure they're having next. Unfortunately, step two goes wrong as Antonio has just noticed your arrival and starts to greet you... causing him to take a long scratch to his arm.

Antonio swears in his native tongue, and Fanuco looks absolutely horrified at having injured his human. The cat goes running off, even as Antonio tries to grab him at last second.

"B... blast, right, blast. Darn it!" Antonio says, standing up, then wincing and grabbing his arm. "I need to wash this. He always has that mist under his nails, so better to clean it before healing. [Character]Character/Self, can you do me a favor? Find Fanuco and convince him it's not his fault and to come back to me. Or else he's going to mope for days."

Antonio tries to smile at you, but he's wincing more then anything. "Please? I'll make it up to you. Thanks."

He rushes off towards the Infirmary, and you're left with the duty to try and convince an overly intelligent cat familiar that he needs to face his human. Which won't be easy.

Yeah, a Morvidus werewolf could make that bitter hatred background a bit difficult, couldn't it? But I like making things difficult. The main thing that would stop me from ever making students again would be the portraits, though. Finding someone willing to do the portraits was a killer.

I do tend to like old school RPGs better then the newer ones that have come out, mainly because the newer ones seem to often be just as much action-adventure games as they are RPGs. I have to admit, though, I'm one of the few who did like Dragon Age 2. I know everyone hates that one, but I've played it repeatedly and enjoyed it each time. I love the characters, in particular, but I find the storyline, though a bitter one, fun. You can't succeed at everything. I've always had a love for bittersweet, though, which is sort of how I see the whole game. ME3, on the other hand... don't talk to me about ME3. I'm just going to cry about wasted potential.

I've really been trying to think of an event with all of them. Nothing really sane is coming to mind, though, and I don't want to use the detention excuse because there's already that adventure where you get trapped in detention with a bunch of crazy kids and the Legate. I had an idea where they (and a few others) get forced in to some strange event where some crazy wizard demands they go through multiple challenges in a tournament to prove their house is the Bestest while you're character gets dragged along as the eighth wheel, but that would be an adventure more then anything, and the more I talk about it, the stupider I find it.

A werewolf and a Morvidus one at that...worse than a bit, I think :lol: Then again...I guess we'd have to compare him to Phillipe.

I disliked...sort of everything in DA2. Well, not everything, I liked the qunari but then I liked them in DA:O too. At the end I was sort of happy to have an excuse to kill everyone except Varic. I was never really into the ME series (I disliked Shepard a lot) so I wasn't that affected by it, but yes, I completely understand the hate. Man, that end...and the child...and yeah. I get it.

Well, detention does end up forcing the oddest students together pretty much wherever they hand out detentions so it doesn't seem all that strange to have more encounters due to it. Another way of grouping them would be them showing up for class, school gathering, theatre, concert early for various reasons (one didn't know the time it started, one was already there, one was brought by his familiar, etc) or them just accidentally sharing the same space and then take it from there. And while I like your idea, it does seem like an adventure rather than event, which would be harder. Maybe that sort of adventures could be added later? After all, there is some time until Year 2 (hopefully not that long, though).

As for the event, I already adore that cat. Is Antonio willing to share?

Morvidus Werewolf would have to have some sort of 'maul' ability. Just random damage out of nowhere. Sucks to be you ability, I guess. I don't know. He (or she, I guess- I don't have a concrete picture yet) would be fun to write, but... well, one project at a time, first of all!

I liked all the characters in DA2, to be honest, which I think is the big part about whether you like the game or not. As it's very character driven, if you don't connect to the characters, you'll probably not going to like the game. I always have a hard time with the one or the other choice of that one guy versus that other guy that you get during the end game. I want to keep them both, but I can't.

And I think fem!Shep is awesome, but I can't stand male!Shepard. I think it's the voice thing. But yes, that ending... that ending still makes me twitch to this day. And the DLC they made to 'make it better' did NOT GO FAR ENOUGH. :E Ugh, what a beautiful series, absolutely ruined because of an hour and a half of gaming. I can't believe they did that to themselves.

I have so many Adventures I want to add later... I'm just dreading actually coding them. Ugh, coding. But that is true, for events. I'll probably come up with one way to force them together. Maybe chocolate chip cookies. All of them like chocolate chip cookies.

Antonio will gladly share the cat, as long as you don't feed him. He has trouble with people trying to feed his cat all the time. Fanuco's a bit too cat like, though, and generally snubs anyone but Antonio or a person currently feeding him.

And, Antonio's adventure is done (I'm just hooking up the continuances now). This basically means that I am in the clear- I have the adventures, the events, the boring coding all done. I now need to test and add additions and whatever else comes to mind. A lot of Louise and Antonio's adventures and events in particular only have two exits, and I should try to boost that up to three whenever possible.

But still. I hit basically 'the end mark' I was aiming for. I'm pretty darn pleased with myself. This project took forever, overall, but once I finally got down and spent every day working, it wasn't too bad.

The real question is whether the Academagia team is going to like it. Cross your fingers for me on that one. ;;

That... is really, really, really good news. Hopefully they still like it once they see all of it, but I'm now allowing myself to be a bit more hopeful. :D <3

Added in their birthdays. Louise is born on Hinosi 10, same as Oribeal. Aaran is born on the Passing, near the year change. Antonio has an early birthday, turning eleven on Athonos 4, making him one of the youngest kids in the school (and giving a huge advantage in getting those yummy attribute points early on). Miya has a summer birthday, so I'm not worrying about her quite yet- she's already twelve, though, making her likely one of the older students in year one.

(Aaran and Louise are both eleven, turning twelve.)

I did some testing. All four of their adventures can be gotten through if you follow the exact path I did, if nothing else. So it looks like I didn't mess up too much with coding. There's always a chance I screwed up a continuance somewhere, but I'm hoping I didn't. It all looks right, from double-checking.

I didn't see any of my events trigger. That makes sense, as there are tons of events in the game and I've only added what, 28? But it still makes me nervous that somehow they're not working or something. I need to go befriend Vincent Eins or something.

Oh, and this is embarrassing, but Aaran managed to kick my butt in a duel. I was just goofing off, because NPCs are so stupid in duels, when he totally went crazy. I didn't even know that he knew a damage spell. First Wound and separated at a distance is sort of tricky if you're not paying attention. I much prefer Quietus.

He's nothing to worry about when in a Vendetta, though. He and Miya are basically useless. Antonio is slightly more annoying, in his own way. Louise is mean. She actually started using her Hawk, which is good.

Aaran uses his familiar ability, but he won't use his active ability. Miya and Antonio don't use their familiar ability, and Louise doesn't use her active ability. I can get Louise and Miya, as they're not really programmed to do exactly what their abilities does (I'll see if I can fiddle with that), but Antonio and Aaran should really be using their abilities- it gets them skills they're told to get. Silly NPCs, confusing me.

They also all spend too much time studying after they max out their studies, still, even with reduced chance of landing on the study table. Can't really do anything about that, I guess. Louise is really annoying me, though. I don't want her to flunk out (...not that NPC's can flunk out in year one), but she's supposed to hate studying. So why does she keep doing it? Stupid Louise.

Overall, though, they're in the game and they're working and nothing has exploded yet. Which is all good.

I think I'll take a small break to eat and write something unrelated for a while, and then I'll go to adding some more events, as events are fun. I'm thinking I do want to add Aaran's extra adventure- everything else can wait till a later date- but I can do that early next week. It's a short adventure, anyway. But full of forbidden DOOOOOOOOOOOM.

So I decided to work on Aaran's FORBIDDEN DOOM adventure, because I never do things the way I plan them.

If you turn him in for studying Mastery, he gets really, really, really angry at you. It's sort of harsh how angry he gets at you, but... I think it's fair enough. It should be pretty obvious that turning someone for studying forbidden magic is not going to make a friend out of them, and Aaran straight up warns you that he'll consider it a betrayal. I thought about straight up breaking up his friendship if he has it with you- he'd pull out of the clique- but I did decide that was probably a bit too harsh. The relationship loss will probably end up pulling him out of it unless you were BFF's, anyway, and if you were BFFs... well, maybe you'll be able to make it up to him someday.

Or maybe not. He promises to hate you forever, and that kid holds grudges. I suppose it depends on your will to try and keep him around, and what you do in year two and beyond.

Okay, this is my last try begging people for ideas. For all four of them- Miya, Aaran, Louise, Antonio. If you have any ideas on events, let me know. These coming five days are the last I'm probably going to be writing events for them, so after now, you'd have to write the events yourself as I'll be busy on adventures. :blink: Or something! So if you think of anything fun or amusing, let me know. Or even stuff that's not fun and amusing. I'm taking all ideas now, people.

I have sparkling wine. My life is great. :)

Aaran's FORBIDDEN DOOM adventure is really all just conversations (where you just pick an answer that suits your character) and mastery rolls. It's not a very traditional adventure, but I suppose that's okay. I'm already treading on someone slippery ground, with having a student in to forbidden magic. I'm not sure if that's going to be allowed, but I figure I'll just present it as well as I can and see what happens.

Uh, let's see if I can find a spoiler... Step two of Antonio's adventure, here.

"Hey, [Character]Character/Self," [Character]Character/Male/Selection/Antonio de Reyez e Irizarry-Vargas says to you, gesturing down the hallway. "Come see this. It almost has to be seen to be believed."

He gestures you over to the Infirmary. It looks pretty normal... or so you think. Then you see [Character]Character/Female/Selection/Joana Lio y Rossollo lying unconscious on one of the beds.

Joana! Joana, with a constitution that dragons fear. Or at least, they should fear it. Yet she's just lying there, looking pale and weak and not like the terror she usually is.

"I talked to the nurses. I work here a lot, so sometimes they're a bit loose lipped around me," Antonio explains. "They said she did basically the same thing Noemia- who now thinks I have a crush on her and is completely avoiding me- did. Sort of coughed a bit, then fell right down. There must be something going around."

Weird. Definitely weird.

Playfulness. There's only one thing to do... draw all over Joana's face with ink!

You happily grab some ink and a quill from the Infirmary, and then lean over Joana. Maybe you'll start with a mustache? Yes, a mustache sounds good.

You draw a mustache. And thick eyebrows. And nose hair. And then you start just decorating her cheeks and forehead with hearts and flowers and bunnies. It's actually quite funny, the way that she looks. You feel rather satisfied with your work.

"She didn't wake up," Antonio says, sounding a bit bemused. "I was sure she would wake up and kill you, but she's still unconscious."

That is... pretty weird, actually. She didn't even stir when you accidently dug your knee in to her side when you were reaching for a better position.

"I'm going to try looking this up," Antonio decides.

Archived