Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 13: A Most Difficult Number

Legate of Mineta

DLC 13 has been released, and can be found here:

Instructions: Copy all files and place into your Academagia install folder (same folder as Academagia.exe). For example: C:\Program Files\Academagia\Mods\Content.mdm (Please overwrite all files.) Begin a new game, checking 'A Most Difficult Number', to use DLC 13.

N.B.: It is very important that you update your copy of Windows before using Patch 59/DLC 13. The memory streamlines require updated .NET components found in the update.

Before you Install: DLC 13 does not require you to create a new game, but if you wish to have certain fixes, you will need to create a new one. This Patch is cumulative, and contains all previous Content Patches, Code Patches and DLC.

This Patch adds these features:

1) 7 new Adventures

2) 23 new Events

3) Many new Phemes, Spells and Abilities

4) Several new Items

5) New Locations

6) 1 new higher Level Skill

..and corrects these issues:

1) Some Adventures and Events were reworked for continuity

2) Several Adventures and Events now correctly refer to the appropriate Actors

3) Some Adventures and Events had their benefits and drawbacks reworked

4) Several Adventures and Events now have additional Exits

5) Some Memories are now more memorable

6) Several Item Types were corrected

7) Some Descriptions were reworked for correctness

8) Random Event Familiar 8 is now 100% Ferret

9) Many Adventures and Events have had their Exit Prerequisites reviewed

10) Professor Pachait now twirls his moustache, as he should

11) A crash related to misapplication of Familiar Perks was resolved.

12) Reference Tables should resolve in all cases now

13) Merit is once again displaying correctly

...as well as many typos.

Special thanks to the following Academagians who originally suggested or raised awareness of these:

Adrian

Blackblade

Burnheart

CremePudding

Cymrean

Draigh

Elfy

Iacobus

Jeff Wang

Leoshi

MadHatt

Mikka

Minkeeboye

Panpiper

sambrookjm

Schwarzbart

Thanks also to the Community for these Random Events:

Random Event Awesome Community 49 Cymrean

Random Event Awesome Community 50 Cymrean

Random Event Awesome Community 51 Leoshi

Hehe :) Just finished a presentation I've been working on today, so I plan to spend a good portion of the weekend casting spells and generally being a pest for the teachers and students alike! The update couldn't have been more timely.

On a side note, did you find out why the young miss Strolin began teaching everyone?

Also; The new backgrounds are quite neat, I really like 'Life of Avarice' ;) - but.. :o no huge negative relationship background?... time to hand out those wedgies! :angry:

I'm still having my game-won't-save problem on occasion, even with having made sure all of .NET features are on. =/ Same as last time, it just stops to nothing at a save/overwrite, and the only way out is CTRL+ALT+DLT, but the game itself doesn't seem to realize it's frozen and thus isn't giving a decent bug log.

Thus far, we cannot find any way to replicate it. Even on the computer I saw the issue on, I cannot successfully replicate the problem.

For the moment, if you see this issue, please shut the game down and reload from your last save point. We'll continue to try to replicate it.

And most importantly: if you find a way to replicate the issue...please let us know at once! :)

buhumphrey;

Hmmm- I just saw this report. I don't have any problems with saving on our test bed, but a quick check on another computer reveals a freezing problem- is that what you are seeing?

We'll release a hot fix on this as soon as possible, thanks!

yes exactly it freezes. I'm noticing I can't overwrite to a previously saved game either I have to keep saving as a new name and that only works about 60% of the time.

Archived