Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 13 Bug Topic

Draigh

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have used the second time Favor on Prof. Sido as with the first time I now have 10 Relationship again but this time it Failed.

When the Relationship would be still 10 then it would be fine but it also was set to 0 so no reward and -10 Relationship thas kind of bad.

I suspect that I would have gained the same reward then in the first Favor and that this is the reason it failed but what I see as bug is that if the Favor fail the Relatioship still drops back to 0.

I just did some testing with absurd success bonuses, and I think that I might have run into an overflow issue (where getting too high a bonus overflows it down to a negative number).

My test scenario was +109 bonus to success (i.e. +109 to every action/ability roll, obtained by stacking 6th finger casts with a certain pheme)

I tried using Match Wits With the Emperor Sphinx (character has a base of 10 wit, +1 from a permanent ability) and failed.

I also tried other various difficulty 10-20 rolls and failed them all as well.

Perhaps this is related to the Chance of Success issues that I was seeing earlier in this thread?

Interestingly, I did some testing with +27 to all rolls and had no issues with any skill tests, so it's definitely an issue with the higher numbers. Is there some sort of debug mode/mod that we can enable to track bonuses like Chance of Success or general bonuses to action/skill checks? It'd be really helpful for tracking down situation like this.

Dirk;

In this case, it is probably related to the previous problem- what's happening, in some cases, is that you are resisting your own Chance of Success...with your Chance of Success! It will cleared up in the Patch with 15. ;)

In answer to your other question, in the production Client, no, there is no way to view CoS. :(

Schwarzbart;

Thanks! I'll note that for the review.

This is a separate issue -I'm testing with a flat bonus to rolls, not a chance of success. In this case, I'm using the malfeasance pheme and stacking it to absurd numbers. My chance of success was at around 2% during the above test.

Another minor issue is that these static bonuses do not change the colors that indicate your chance to succeed. I noticed that with Wit 12 and +1 to all actions from Planning, the Sphinx was blue even though I couldn't fail.

oO just complet failed a Match Wits with the Emperor Sphinx but I have a total of 13 in this skill if my calculation is right!

Base Skill 10 +1 from Emotion=11

Familiar have it at 4 so +2 again = 13.

I made a backup save bevore and after the failure in case it is needed.

• 2 months later...

v1.6.8 Chauranglaith Path: Cave the part with leadership -3 step don't work at all bevore calling this I have Leadership 5 (0 of 1) after progressing the day its still Leadership 5 and after sending the next day with just class and rest its still Leadership 5.

v1.6.8 Chauranglaith Path: Cave the part with leadership -3 step don't work at all bevore calling this I have Leadership 5 (0 of 1) after progressing the day its still Leadership 5 and after sending the next day with just class and rest its still Leadership 5.

Hmmm! I'll pass this along, thanks!

I would suggest making the Chauranglaith Path take a skill level away from Leadership instead of taking 3 skill steps away. It might work better.

Then the reward have to be changed to skill level also.

It grants seven skill steps, that's almost always going to be a skill level anyways... I'm not disagreeing with you.

1.6.8.0 Rest not fill up Vitality to its max when Alive like a Sea Dog with its + 1 Fitness get activated trough this rest.

There is something broken with the Skillmaximum for Skills, i.e Dialectic I get 11 in Sleuthing from "Sense of System" and have 2 other skills at 11 (there I increased the Skillmax to 11 thanks to Prof. Sido) and the moment I got the 3th skill of this 3 to 11 I got Question Reality even with my Dialectic still show Skill Maximum 10.

The displayed Skillmaximum for Skills is handled corect because this only go up as soon the Char actual have 3 SS with Skillmax of 11. (Have this in History ^^)

Btw. I think that Question Reality is complet useless because even if it gives a complet step to a SS you have no way to controll what SS is increased and when you get Dialectic to 11 there probably not many Skills that need 3 or more steps for a increase and for everything with just 1 or 2 step its simply a wast to spend 1 stress for 1 SS.

Schwarzbart;

The first is a known issue, related to the way that Emotions are added. I think it's unlikely to be altered, at least in Year 1.

In your example, you'll only gain Abilities if the actual Base Skill Value triggers the increase to Parent. Things like 'Sense of System' are Bonuses, and give Calculated Skill Values, but are not actually increases to the Base Skill.

For the third, I'll pass that along. :)

Archived