Black Chicken Studios Forums

This is bait

Leoshi

A short one but I just had to do it.laugh.gif

Let's see what your tasks are for the day. Go to class, finish off essay, avoid bullies on way to class, do laundry, and plant trap for bully in class. You sigh and continue your walk down the brightly lit but seemingly empty hallway back to your dorm.

You pass a door and did a double-take as you notice a sign on the door.

"Hey dummy, open me."

Say what?

Exit 1: Leave to the door alone

"This is so obviously a trap!" you thought.

No sooner had you rounder the corner, a senior appears before you. He congratulates you for not falling for such an obvious trap and hands you 25 pims.

"That was weird" you thought to yourself as you pocket the money.

Result: + 25 Pims

Exit 2: Pure Luck: Why not?

Success:

You open the door and get a face full of cream pie.

Hearty laughter comes from inside the room as you wipe your face. When you finish, Cirillo Laziosi appears and hands you 25 pims. He explains that he made a bet with a senior that at least three people will open the door.

And you are the third person to open the door so congrats! You pocket the money a tad grumpily.

Result: +25 Pims, +1 Stress

Failure:

You open the door and fall down hard on your backside as a cream pie flies over your head.

Laughter comes out of the room and Cirillo Laziosi helps you off your sore backside. He hands you 25 pims and explains that he made a bet with a senior that at least three people will open the door.

Since you are lucky number three, you earned a quarter of Cirillo's winnings! You feel like thumping Cirillo on the head with a sack full of coins just to get rid of the stinging pain in your backside.

Result: -1 Vitality, +25 pims

Oh and hit the link the link in the sig, you know you want to.wink.gif

*snicker*

Btw, I never see people actually throw pies around. Isn't that... a bit wasteful? Maybe it is just me though, pies are more-or-less sightly exotic delicacies (also sightly expensive), and I have yet to see a real cream pie.

(Do people even make cream pie for eating? I've never come across a recipe in any recipe books. :huh: )

Amusing! And darn, if I hadn't seen it here, I would always end up choosing that Pure Luck choice. Heh.

Btw, I never see people actually throw pies around. Isn't that... a bit wasteful? Maybe it is just me though, pies are more-or-less sightly exotic delicacies (also sightly expensive), and I have yet to see a real cream pie.

(Do people even make cream pie for eating? I've never come across a recipe in any recipe books. :huh: )

Speaking as someone in the Pennsylvanian region of the USA (all of the USA has their own food customs), 'creme pie' itself is more a category of food rather then itself. A creme pie (or custard pie- they are generally interchangeable to the common lay-person, and honestly, they've become more and more interchangeable to chefs, too, as the years go on.

However, we do eat a lot of creme pies. Especially at this time of year. :) The typical pumpkin pie us American's so love (...personally, I hate pumpkin, but I don't like Turkey, either!) is a creme pie, as is the southern favorite Key Lime Pie. Every chocolate pie you see is a creme pie, too (...well, I suppose somewhere out there, they've managed to figure out how to make a chocolate pie that's not creme, but it would be very difficult due to scalding chocolate). Other popular creme/custard pie flavors are lemon meringue, banana, coconut and chess pie (which is vanilla and buttermilk- it's a southern thing). Basically, if a pie is chunky (as are most fruit pies, excepting banana), it's not a creme pie, and if it has a pie crust on the top rather then just the sides and bottoms, it's usually not a creme pie. If if it's a whipped sort of thing, it's a creme pie.

(Also, in general, we just put whipped creme on creme/custard pies, while we put vanilla ice cream (and sometimes whipped cream, too) on non-custard/creme pies. Not always the most reliable method, but it helps.)

The tradition of throwing pies in people's faces goes back to Vaudeville, for the USA and Canada, which loved that sort of slapstick. Comedians have been doing it sense (the great Fozzie Bear being a pioneer of the art of getting-pies-thrown-in-your-own-face). We also use pie throwing for charity (a somewhat famous figure sits down, and people pay money to throw a pie at their face, and that money goes to charity- similar to dunk booths), and pie throwing has also been used as a protest movement (people throw pies at politicians they don't like, though as people get arrested for that, it's growing out of fashion).

Pies used in comedy, charity, and protests often aren't actually creme pies, though... they're full of shaving creme, rather then anything edible. It's cheaper that way. :D

Archived