Black Chicken Studios Forums

Professors' Lounge

KalGerek

There is a known bug that sometimes when you load from a running game the game hit the memory limit and crash to the desktop or you just see a empty char.

(The team already realeased a patch some time back in hope to fix it but this patch sadly didn't help)

This happens more frequent toward the end of the game but usualy need a vew times of loading without exiting the game.

I wonder if it's related to not clearing everything in the memory about the ongoing game when reloading.

I started a second game after that and played without reloading. Interestingly, that character can't get professor's lounge either. Which I thought was weird. Of course he got handwriting before study due to Veniculum Library (? spelling).

Do people exit the game every time with reloading? I have 8 gigs of ram. How much can the game use? Memory is cheap.

With me, the crash on reload was experienced more often when a random event had occurred before the reload.

Kal only if you have a 64 bit OS programs can use Memory past 4 GB.

Because this 4GB is over all Memory a 32bit MS OS can handle your very short on Game Memory if you I.e. have a 2 GB Graphiccard because then only 2 GB is left for the normal Memory.

For me the limiting factor is my Mainboard even with a 64bit OS because the Mainboard can't handle more then a total of 4GB :(.

You know... that's a very good point. I tend to have more save troubles (in specific, loading troubles- the crashes when loading) at the beginning of the year then at the end, even though the end saves are much larger. I still get them at the end of the game, but I have to be playing for hours.

It might be interesting to start a character who makes a living on breaking cliques (there are some spells and abilities to help with that), and see if you get a lot more crashes then, as cliques will crash and then be reformed more often. Hm...

• 10 months later...

Archived