Black Chicken Studios Forums

What Character Storyline Will You Play First?

Command

34 members have voted

1. 1. What Character Storyline Will You Play First?

• Nigel Hemsworth (Professor)
    • Ahmose (Mummy)
    • Felix Weber (Childhood Friend)
    • Sterling Evans (Rival)
    • Roland (Super Spy)
    • A little bit of each (Family Focus)

Mummy for sure xD but to be honest the game is more than just a love story.

What I like about this game is, so far it seems so... natural. Alot of these visual novels tend to funnel you into a romantic option from the beginning but this game is truly the story of Sadie and her adventures.

How long did it take some of you to get through one storyline? I played a bit of it and then took a break to eat and then fell asleep.

Mummy for sure xD but to be honest the game is more than just a love story.

What I like about this game is, so far it seems so... natural. Alot of these visual novels tend to funnel you into a romantic option from the beginning but this game is truly the story of Sadie and her adventures.

How long did it take some of you to get through one storyline? I played a bit of it and then took a break to eat and then fell asleep.

I think it took me ~20+ hours for the Spy storyline but I tried to win all the obstacles in his adventures, so I didn't get too much into the side adventures (and I regard my reading speed as on the lower end). Character storylines also differ in length.

And I totally agree it is way more than just a love story. I see some comparisons to Carmen San Diego, but I think it reminds me more of Indiana Jones and that spirit. The romance is there if you want it and it's quite charming.

I think it took me ~20+ hours for the Spy storyline but I tried to win all the obstacles in his adventures, so I didn't get too much into the side adventures (and I regard my reading speed as on the lower end). Character storylines also differ in length.

And I totally agree it is way more than just a love story. I see some comparisons to Carmen San Diego, but I think it reminds me more of Indiana Jones and that spirit. The romance is there if you want it and it's quite charming.

What makes it Carmen Sandiego is the feel of the game world. The old PC game had a very similar vibe as this one but in reality yea its more like indiana jones.

Loved the game on the first playthrough (started with Roland, so I suppose I technically voted for him but I found Felix and Sterling interesting too and debating who to go with next - never encountered Ahmose, so will have to look for his icon next time around). I agree a major strength is that there is a lot more to this game than just the romance - I like that Scheherazade has a strong personality and ambitions in her own right and that there is an interesting backstory with friends and family.

The mechanic with your "points" with each character locking once you got their Dream was a bit confusing (e.g. once I switched to "Dream of Roland" our friendship locked at 48) - I didn't know if the ending might change based on the number of friendship points and wish that were better explained to help with decision-making. I also wasn't certain how many other opportunities I'd have to switch over; as far as I could tell the only times I was able to do private events with characters was Christmas and Easter, but I started not knowing what I was doing and figuring it out along the way, so it's entirely possible I just missed something.

Overall, very happy with this game and look forward to more - glad to hear BCS is making a 1932, though am curious whether any game outcomes from 1931 will carry over (and if the story will continue to center on Scheherazade or not).

OFan;

1932 will continue to center on Scheherazade, and all your outcomes (and stats) are planned to carry over.

For the Ending, the most important stat will be your Relationship (for the pure Friendship path) or your Dream (for the Romance path.) There is only 1 one opportunity to switch, although the plan for 1932 is to allow you break it off with whomever you romance in 1931, if you so desire.

Glad you enjoyed!

When is the opportunity to switch from someone's friendship path to someone's romance path? I got hit with a brick at Christmas time that if I wanted to romance Felix, I needed to spend Christmas with him. However, come Easter, I had the opportunity to go chill with Felix anyway, as well as an option to hang out with Roland... however, no notes about romancing them.

Are all the romance switches triggered at Christmas?

Then I really need to figure out how to get Sterling up there. As far as I can tell, you only get one opportunity to adventure with him before Christmas, and that really doesn't give you many points... nowhere near the 30 or whatever you can easily get Felix to. Unless maybe he pops up in some of Nigel's adventures... hm. Even though I've been focusing on Sterling whenever I see him, he's still much lower then all the other boys.

You would think all the crawling through windows and letters I send him would get me somewhere... stupid rivals.

I'll try harder. :3

In any case, first game I'm doing family focus, although as I'm in Turkey and my dream is only 70, I have a feeling I'm not going to be getting the best ending. I'll try harder next game. The difficulty jump up to 40 here lost me- I was preparing for more like 30 and screwed up.

I finished Roland's first and I'm almost finished with Ahmose. I'm pretty much loving all the characters (except maybe Sterling- he's infuriating!). I actually thought Zul al Zan would make a pretty nice romance option XD;

I much prefer Ahmose - dresses pretty well for being ancient and whatnot. Zul al Zan needs to put on a shirt...:lol:

I much prefer Ahmose - dresses pretty well for being ancient and whatnot. Zul al Zan needs to put on a shirt...:lol:

No no, Zul definitely doesn't need to put on the shirt. Keep the shirt off. So pretty...

He'd be my main pick for an extra romance option. None of the other characters are incredibly opposed to Sadie's way of life, but Zul very much is... sure, Sterling steals once and a while, but the game very rarely makes a comment about it. Zul, on the other hand...

There's also Steven, but I'm unsure if Sadie could suffer through his romance without hitting him with the attack brick repeatedly.

Though I'd really like a lesbian option, too... maybe Claudia? I'm unsure how much younger she's supposed to be then Sadie, she may be too young. Or Lillian.

As for Sterling, I'll try harder to rope him in next game. Sadie keeps doing this "You know we're just friends, right? Right? This is all JUST AS FRIENDS, okay?" deal to him, and I'm like, NO SADIE. YOU ARE NOT JUST FRIENDS. I AM TRYING TO MAKE YOU ROMANCE HIM. STOP MOONING OVER FELIX, AS PRETTY AS HE IS, AND EMBRACE THE CRAZY REDHEAD.

There's also Steven, but I'm unsure if Sadie could suffer through his romance without hitting him with the attack brick repeatedly.

Alas Steven. Depending on what adventures you've played..there may be too much of him :P

And why not Johnny? It could be a future Padme-Anakin thing only I guess it would have to be in 1938.....

Archived