Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs and errors

Adrian

Since we revived the idea of suggestions I figured a bug thread would be handy too.

There is an event at the beginning of the second day in Cairo with a bit of a spellypoo [or typo if you are so inclined!] '...missing most of his planned Cairo tour (though she wears she'll catch up...' Ought to be swears I think :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Egypt, in the main story, I just passed the second skill test, I congratulate (the very lovely) Rashad and he responds '... We've sound something truly amazing'

I am not a native English speaker (and neither is Rashad, to be fair) but I think he means found. ;)

I think I ran across a game breaking one. In the end game present giving it says that 'cl' (whom I guess is Claudia) is not defined, which means the game cannot continue and stops :(

Hi Esper,

Thanks for letting us know. For this particular one, luckily you should be able to continue by clicking "Ignore". This one should only affect instances where Claudia is talking (the presents-giving should be the last instance of Claudia), but should not affect your stats/ending.

We will correct this in the next patch.

Right, pressing ingore three times worked. Thanks.

Glad that worked out!

Here is the text that would have been shown if it had been working correctly..so you don't miss out on anything..hope that helps :)

cl "Hello, Sadie! I am sorry if my English is not so good. I wanted to wish you Happy Birthday."

cl "I hope you come back to Peru soon. We had very exciting adventures."

cl "I hope that you like the gift. Please remember me when you look at it! My father says hello and thanks you again. Best wishes, Claudia."

hide claudia

Izmir Providence, Turkey, gets five items to do there once Check In with Roland appears. That causes Read about Curses to get cut partially off the screen, and the back button and Sneak off to Skinny Dip to almost entirely disappear off the screen, with letters overlapping letters.

There is not enough Sterling in my game. I consider this a major bug.

Help, I'm trapped in an infinite loop in the meta part of my mind!

Roland's adventure in Turkey, where you end up seeing B again and have to deal with other Sadie. After the first option, I get the second option where I need to find the Ankah... Courage and Self-Knowledge are my options. Unfortunately, I'm out of cards and my difficulty is at the moment 92. I click on either Courage or Self-Knowledge, Sadie says 'There has to be something we can do!', 'I hope I can do this...' (+1 stress) and then I'm back to clicking on either Courage or Self-Knowledge. The repeat is the same no matter which option I click. It doesn't seem to be like 'try ten times and it'll eventually give up' either, as I just spammed difficulty to 113 by stress.

(Poor Sadie.)

Darn it, and I don't have a save since before Turkey. Time to go do five or so adventures again!

Help, I'm trapped in an infinite loop in the meta part of my mind!

Roland's adventure in Turkey, where you end up seeing B again and have to deal with other Sadie. After the first option, I get the second option where I need to find the Ankah... Courage and Self-Knowledge are my options. Unfortunately, I'm out of cards and my difficulty is at the moment 92. I click on either Courage or Self-Knowledge, Sadie says 'There has to be something we can do!', 'I hope I can do this...' (+1 stress) and then I'm back to clicking on either Courage or Self-Knowledge. The repeat is the same no matter which option I click. It doesn't seem to be like 'try ten times and it'll eventually give up' either, as I just spammed difficulty to 113 by stress.

(Poor Sadie.)

Darn it, and I don't have a save since before Turkey. Time to go do five or so adventures again!

Hi Mikka, If I am correct, you can check your autosaves unless you have that turned off? Hopefully that will save you from having to redo a couple of adventures.

Minor typos:

July 9 event: Talking about Sadie skipping out on her group tour, it says "(though she wears she'll catch up at the end)" -- should be swears

July 11 AM event: at some point Sadie is described as "Archeology student by trade" -- while technically not wrong, it seems the game uses the more proper "archaeology" spelling most other places.

Riidi;

Hmmm! Thanks! We'll look at this right away- in the mean time, please click 'ignore' ~3 times, and you should be able to continue to play without incident.

Could you tell us what the error message was when you crashed, by the way?

Thanks again!

Edit: Never mind, we should have a fix for this crash in about ~5m.

Archived