Black Chicken Studios Forums

The 'Let's Talk About Spoilery Things' Thread

Mikka

Just wanted to say that even with all the build-up and the drama and the hints about Ruddy pulling Sadie's strings to get her to the last adventure... it still blew me away. Seemed completely old-school and over the top, but in a GOOD way. (Trying to think of a better way of explaining it... more like 'classic pulp' which has a charm of its own, rather than a derivative work.) I thought the writing team did very well on showing Sadie's (and Ruddy... and Sterling... and even Lorelei...) complex feelings about how this whole matter was shaping up. Gave me goosebumps, it did.

And then the final ending (I did Family Dreams) with the presents from everyone and recounting old capers... that was a very sweet touch, and helped balance some of the depression.

Incidentally, while Steven Deveny and Sadie would never, ever date eachother (at least that wasn't the vibe I got from them; I'm sure shippers would disagree!) I thought their friendly rivalry was well written. Zul al Zan too... although Zul definitely fell more on the 'rival/nemesis' side of the scale.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to say that even with all the build-up and the drama and the hints about Ruddy pulling Sadie's strings to get her to the last adventure... it still blew me away. Seemed completely old-school and over the top, but in a GOOD way. (Trying to think of a better way of explaining it... more like 'classic pulp' which has a charm of its own, rather than a derivative work.) I thought the writing team did very well on showing Sadie's (and Ruddy... and Sterling... and even Lorelei...) complex feelings about how this whole matter was shaping up. Gave me goosebumps, it did.

And then the final ending (I did Family Dreams) with the presents from everyone and recounting old capers... that was a very sweet touch, and helped balance some of the depression.

Incidentally, while Steven Deveny and Sadie would never, ever date each other (at least that wasn't the vibe I got from them; I'm sure shippers would disagree!) I thought their friendly rivalry was well written. Zul al Zan too... although Zul definitely fell more on the 'rival/nemesis' side of the scale.

Oh I could sooooooo see sadie and Zul in a real love/hate relationship. It could so play off as the relationship could turn into depending on the choices you make. Do they have Love, Competitive Rivalry, Or Nemicess.

Just wanted to comment that I've started my second playthrough, doing a different set of capers in Egypt (Evelyn's caper where we look at the 'queens of the desert' bloodline, then doing Ahmose's adventure) and really appreciate how the dialogue changed between my first and second game when speaking to Prof. Blake. (I think I got his name right? The shifty, non-datable professor.) Nice touches.

Just wanted to comment that I've started my second playthrough, doing a different set of capers in Egypt (Evelyn's caper where we look at the 'queens of the desert' bloodline, then doing Ahmose's adventure) and really appreciate how the dialogue changed between my first and second game when speaking to Prof. Blake. (I think I got his name right? The shifty, non-datable professor.) Nice touches.

Hehe on your third time through follow Roland path, do the bloodlines first then go see blake then do Roland path in Egypt

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep Deveny from arresting the man who stole the Faberge eggs in the Easter with Ahmose storyline? I felt a little sad when I wasn't able to prevent that on my playthrough.

Hmm yes lemme think..... I have never had the guy arrested. They basically talk to him honestly don't lean on him or threaten him. Ugg I can't remember the exact choices...Appeal to his good will. ack sorry unless you can tell me the choices I can't tell you what I chose. Sorry.

Ugh, I'd have to play through it again to remember what the exact choices were. I tried following Ahmose's suggestion (which, I think, was trying to lean on him/remind him that firing an employee on Easter would be bad PR) and it backfired. :(

I think I chose the top one but without knowing all of them I could not be sure. Do not lean on him though. Steven is a pain and does not react well to threats...

*grin*

Yeah, guess I should have followed my instincts... I was just thinking at the time 'wait, wouldn't following Ahmose's suggestion bring me a better score?'

Ah well. Guess I'll just have to try playing Sadie more true to 'herself' (at least as I imagine her) rather than trying to actively garner points!

Yeah I found out from a stool pigeon that regardless of the points follow Sadie's personality for the better ending. Regardless of points. For example 100 points Roland is not as good as 90 something is. hehe * ;)* Shhhhhh*

Yeah I found out from a stool pigeon that regardless of the points follow Sadie's personality for the better ending. Regardless of points. For example 100 points Roland is not as good as 90 something is. hehe * ;)* Shhhhhh*

Oh god, is it that bad? I'm in the process of getting a 100 Roland, but I already saw the 90 Roland and I thought it was really cute

Oh god, is it that bad? I'm in the process of getting a 100 Roland, but I already saw the 90 Roland and I thought it was really cute

I actually have not taken the time to judge. Because I got both scores so far apart. So you will have to let us know. I only know that following Sadies personality renders you a better ending with guys regardless of score.

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep Deveny from arresting the man who stole the Faberge eggs in the Easter with Ahmose storyline? I felt a little sad when I wasn't able to prevent that on my playthrough.

Ok I just got the path here to keep him out of jail.

3 Absolutely not.

2 Hello Steven

1 I know

1 No, just someone

(Challenge) 2 Hope.

2 Maybe we could

1 Be direct.

Ok, so I can join this discussion now. At least on the main quest, anyway.

I personally couldn't stand Ruddy, especially at the end. He's supposed to be this guy who cares about Sadie and just wants to use her to 'better' the world, but I think he showed his true colors in the final part, using threats and violence from the moment he entered the scene. I didn't much like Lorelei either, but she's an interesting character story-wise. I never knew which way she would go.

I hope Sadie will tell Evelyn that Ruddy is probably still alive. She really should have told her aunt about Ruddy earlier, so it would be nice to see her learn from that. Plus I think Evelyn's reaction to what happened was interesting - she was sad, but didn't seem surprised that Ruddy did those things. And she also acted a bit odd when Ruddy sent that letter at the very beginning of the game. So, yeah, I want Evelyn to be more involved next time!

Ok, so I can join this discussion now. At least on the main quest, anyway.

I personally couldn't stand Ruddy, especially at the end. He's supposed to be this guy who cares about Sadie and just wants to use her to 'better' the world, but I think he showed his true colors in the final part, using threats and violence from the moment he entered the scene. I didn't much like Lorelei either, but she's an interesting character story-wise. I never knew which way she would go.

I hope Sadie will tell Evelyn that Ruddy is probably still alive. She really should have told her aunt about Ruddy earlier, so it would be nice to see her learn from that. Plus I think Evelyn's reaction to what happened was interesting - she was sad, but didn't seem surprised that Ruddy did those things. And she also acted a bit odd when Ruddy sent that letter at the very beginning of the game. So, yeah, I want Evelyn to be more involved next time!

I hate Lore LoL hate hate hate people like her and I hate the character LoL.

I agree the Aunt did act really strange about the letter. My guess is Ruddy was in love with Mom not the Aunt, but that is speculation hehehe

Ok I am starting to like the Aunt and Anna more. (I still find Anna quite annoying!) They seem to be the only two people in this game Sadie can wholeheartedly trust. Of course Aunt Evelyn keeps secrets from Sadie which could do more harm than good, and Anna well I would not send her in a graveyard for fear of her being possessed by everyone dead in there. So there is a possibility of her being manipulated by someone beyond the grave LoL

Archived