Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

Well I do have a Minor story flaw : Magical Animal Companion for a

flying fish

but you can change it to something else like pet rock or something.

My Inoffensive to Animals virtue should save me the need to get higher parma for now.

Now Sedala is the Virtue version of this Flaw.

Edit: On a side note looking how big the Urban Area is and how vew green it have we probably need to import food or powerfull Herbam Magic to keep everyone feed.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The population per quarter is between 150 to 300. Total population is around 1,000 - a city in medieval terms but a small one. Much of the city is ruined: the buildings are often 3 storeys high and some more. There is magic in the food production yes. I worked out the maths last week but you will learn more soon :)

The weather is warmer in temperature than the surrounding sky, and the winds swirl round the edges of the city warded by magic. The covenant floats between 1000' and 3000' feet above the surface terrain, but 3000' is maximum altitude, so yes it can collide with mountains!

cj x

Hopefull CJ find my send NPC for the city usefull as it took much longer to design him then expectet.

Some unansweared Questions of me:

What is the Language spoken from the normal humans living there? Latin?

Was Ramon as Redcap allowed to enter the other tower on his duty?

I expect that Ramon also stayed in the Tower of Emerald Joys or next to it when he is at the Covenant.

I just found this in the ancient magic book, page 103, Hyperborean Magic. After looking at wiki I found out the Hyberboreans were a group of people in Greek legend. Due to that connection I looked up Edenic and that name is linked to the garden of Adam and Eve. The name Angelic is well angelic, though is close to the name of the Church of England, Anglicanism. Bazaar, I personally know as a market, with a middle east theme. The word is Persian so again middle east.

Simply said there is automatically a lot of mysteries about the place which we have found out of their existence and we have yet to actually "see" it. Ugh you could probably spend a couple life times here finding out everything.

What's the relationship between the Maguses and the "mundanes" around here.

Also what is the religious presence around here. Is Christianity trying to suppress everyone or does each quarter practice their own. (Includes the temple of jade and ivory)

Since the magi colonized the city they have ruled the mundane populace as "philosopher-kings".

The religion of the locals is from what you can gather some obscure form of heathenism. Their Temple?palace was taken over by the magi, who have made some efforts at introducing Christianity, but rather nominal. OK, they have talked about it!

cj x

Hopefull CJ find my send NPC for the city usefull as it took much longer to design him then expectet.

Some unansweared Questions of me:

What is the Language spoken from the normal humans living there? Latin?

Was Ramon as Redcap allowed to enter the other tower on his duty?

I expect that Ramon also stayed in the Tower of Emerald Joys or next to it when he is at the Covenant.

Ramon stayed in redcap quarters at the Palace -- the Temple of Jade & Ivory.

All the quarters have their own language. Latin is used by them to talk to magi and those from other quarters, badly.

I like the grog a great deal and will use him. Thanks Schwarzbart!

cj x

So you intent to keep him? I would prefer that you make a new char but its up to you.

If he is accepted as Grog at our covenant he probably will stay in one of the 4 Quarter and have guard Duty at one of the 4 Tower / The Tempel.

But without a player attached to him he probably would stop to be on the side of the player when we reach the next covenant.

I don't know if he is grog or compangion level but in case he is just a Grog level char you bether dont get attached to him at all as CJ allready have shown that Grog fall like fly when he is the GM.

(Just to say it there 3 different level of Chars in Ars Magica with Mage as the highest then comes Compangion and the lowest are Grog)

O_o... well that is a companion since I know off the bat that Large is a virtue, but yuck I'm guessing that's just 1 thing of weak characteristics thus -3.

Also you should remember that he will have to at sometime be the guardian of the crown Stephen now has and return it to it's resting place. Or feel the wrath of talking wolves.

Virtue

Large (Minor General) [Core p.44]

Custos (Minor Social) [Core p.41] (with choice Martial Abilities)

Puissant Brawl (Minor General) [Core p.48]

Flaws

Wrathfull (Minor Personality) [Core p.61]

Social Handicap (Minor General) [Core p.59] (loudmouth)

Weak Caracteristics (Minor General) [Core p.61]

So he is clearly of Grog level (Companions have up to 10 points of flaws and the same number of Virtues)

Maybe we can try friday?

Friday is posible for me but I might be late by up to 1h

@Freespace: Now a unprepeared Mage falls nearly as easy as any peasant.

Edit: Btw. I wonder how high the Vis price will be for the Saison / Saisons the Quaesitor can't work in his Lab and what covenant will have to pay for this.

Its either us, the Covenant where Gustbran was bevore because they cought him to late or the covenant we now heading to if they take him as theyr grog.

Archived