Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already said that I'm -6GMT but I think it's important for me to mention that I would rather stay up all night until 10AM my time or whenever than wake up at 6. Truth be told it'd probably be better for me if it was set at say 10AM GMT. I wouldn't have to push myself to stay up so long. :P

Again though, I'll try to make it to whatever time you guys set. Just don't think that just because I'm in the "earliest" timezone I can't tolerate starting at like 2:30AM. I have a very erratic and flexible schedule.

Yes I read it so that we play noon GMT tomorrow. The suggestion of CJ was to try midnight "one day" so not tomorrow. His sugestion about midnight was also the reason why I put up the time table to see if there is a possible alternative time to noon.

And my questions for CJ moved down again ;)

What tower do Radcap have entry to, at last to some room and what are complet barred for them? Or is this depending on the Redcap? If the later where was Ramon allowed to enter?

What year and saison are we curently playing? I suspect winter from the falling snow.

What saison is the start of a new vis spending year?

I hope its OK that I try to give each NPC I design out to have different points when they can come into play as a full worked out char is usualy not necesary for someone just meet once for a vew minutes.

Reading trough the Long Term Events sector of the Core book I wonder if someone who copy a Tractatus or Summae not also would gain full expirience from reading it trough the time they need to copy it.

Is it allowed to pay someone other to teach the Apprentice in necesary Abilitys like Latin, Artes Librares and Magic Theory for the saison the parent have to spend teaching his apprentice?

What tower do Radcap have entry to, at last to some room and what are complet barred for them? Or is this depending on the Redcap? If the later where was Ramon allowed to enter?

Redcap's are barred from all towers unless invited in by a magi. They have their own room assigned in the Temple.

What year and saison are we curently playing? I suspect winter from the falling snow.

Winter 1214. To be precise, November 23rd 1214.

What saison is the start of a new vis spending year?

I don't understand the question!

Reading trough the Long Term Events sector of the Core book I wonder if someone who copy a Tractatus or Summae not also would gain full expirience from reading it trough the time they need to copy it.

Nope, just 2xp from Exposure, normally in Profession Scribe, but arguably yes in the subject of the book, or Spell Mastery of a spell they copied I guess.

Is it allowed to pay someone other to teach the Apprentice in necesary Abilitys like Latin, Artes Librares and Magic Theory for the saison the parent have to spend teaching his apprentice?

Yes, perfectly allowable.

Hope useful. Sorry for the delay in replying.

cj x

Right, I was delayed today and actually not all that much happened, apart from Calpurnia botching endlessly. :)

However I want to invite you all to Cheltenham, even though I doubt any of you can actually make it, unless in England August 16th to 18th 2013.

Details here. Anyone who reads this thread very welcome.

http://www.grandtribunal.org/wiki/Main_Page

And next session is probably "Return to the City of Ivory and Jade"? Unless Edith eats all the cheese... :P

cj x

I was going to say "As our guide has left us. Most likely he led us into a trap. I suggest we return to the covenant. We can return at a later date. Though, Gustdran may need to stay as he apparently has a duty the wolves want him to do. Elith meh... she's Silas' girlfriend so he can decide to make it a distant relation or take her to his home."

I don't like the idea of doing this supposed duty all alone, so I think Gustbran will be keeping up with the party until you guys decide to attack the SOB Archmage! In the meantime I guess I'll be training or getting better armor to better stave off Grog death when the SHTF.

I personal think it depend if someone decide to drag Edith and Gustbran along. Both don't belong to our covenant and are just problems to have them with us.

The main decision about Gustbran will be upon Helpax shoulder as he is the one who promised to bring you to a trial and that was the only reason Ramon accepted you with the group.

Unless someone of our Covenant adopt you as Grog and thereford accept to be responsible for the vis payment for your head that will for sure come at some point I realy doubt you will stay for long at our covenant.

When Helpax decide to take Gustbran to the Covenant and then abound the duty he took and if Gustbran not be made a grog of this covenant he will take it into his responsibility to bring Gustbran in front of a Quaesitor together with the notes he made about the event with the Head Quaesitor!

Edit: Ahhh accidently edited this!.

IRC suggestion:

1) Use OOC channel for OOC talk and rule question.

2) forgot what it is.

3) Open two chatzilla/MIRC to have multiple char instead of constant name changing.

As for MIRC:

Ctrl+B for bold text

Ctrl+U for underlined text

Ctrl+R for reverse text

Ctrl+K for coloured text

Ctrl+O for plain text

Ctrl+K and a number for colored text. Numbers are same in mIRC and in ChatZilla

Note: Only work on first sentence.

Edit: Might be Shift instead of ctrl.

As nice as your idea might be I use Miranda for IRC by now and I doubt I can open 2 different sessions with this client. But yes I have color options ect at my client but didn't use them so fare.

Anyway when we get back to our Covenant next session, as it looks right now, Class and Ramon are split up. Class will stay at the covenant for at last 1 year from now to set up his lab, Increase his Magic Theory and start enchanting a item. While for Ramon it will depend if any duty come up, when the Tribunal will be in Ibernia ect where he will go next.

I heartily approve of the idea of a separate OOC room. I personally find colors confusing for distinguishing between characters, and would prefer for us to stick with the "Name: message" system. In general, I think the system we have now for distinguishing between different kinds of messages works quite well, with perhaps the exception of the language distinctions, but that has more to do with the difficulty of remembering to distinguish between them. I find the idea of two clients for separate characters quite awesome, and will be sure to experiment with that if my planned companion character and Baruch end up at a scene at the same time.

Baruch would support bringing Gustbran and especially Edith with us back to the city - B's kind of a nice guy, and thinks they would be in severe danger if left to their own devices. He probably wouldn't go to great lengths do defend Gus, though, or take any responsibility of him, because what G did was pretty bad. Edith he would certainly defend, because he doesn't know that she's done anything wrong, yet she seems to be in mortal danger for whatever political reason the bad guys of the story have to try to kill her.

Yeah, because apparently saving you all from an obviously hostile mage who seemingly wanted to kill you all is a terrible, terrible thing. :D

Another thing to take into account is he didn't have all the information at hand.

Gustbran feels something similar along the idea that "It's better to be judged by twelve then carried by six." To delay would probably mean death, and he made a decision based on the info he had available to him.

Yes he's not a perfect character, having stolen before and whatnot, But he'd never do anything that would leave a mark on his conscience. The Silver was probably just laying about, unguarded. Wouldn't you have at least the temptation?

Regardless of how the party feels about him, however, the forces after Edith will most assuredly be after Gustbran. Perhaps even more furvently so! And no matter what happens he will be getting to the bottom of this. He has a wrathful nature after all and he's been plotting with every ounce of his -1 intelligence. :)

Silas is (naturally) intending to bring Edith along, Gustbran as well. It is a chance to get more insight to the political life of the tribuneral, and he is Edith's cousin... oncle... something. (I forget)

As to the silver... probably, depends if it looked lonely. :P

Gustbran's uncle had a daughter which is Edith, which makes them same generation direct cousins, though Gustbran is, I believe on the older side of that generation.

He's definitely going to try asking for mercy. Probably in exchange for several years of indentured servitude or something. Unlike the story that CJ pulled him from, This Gustbran is going to reform if given the chance. :) Humorously I think he'd be somewhat (in)famous among the grogs there if he managed to put a hole in the head quaesitor and get away with it. :D

But in all seriousness, What prospects are there for nonmages to improve in this game? (I admit I'm prepared to lose him at any time but I don't want him to die because of negligence!)

Well most likely he won't die if we leave him in England as I would guess the wolves would also be there to help.

Improve? Well each season you get xp, which you can use to buy abilities. Your characteristics are in most ways unchangeable. Don't know how much you can get( or myself at that ).

You should know the rule book states that grogs are minor characters and will most likely not last long, but do to that it is considered most fun as you don't have to worry much of the consequences (as you will die pretty quickly).

I suggest accepting your destiny to guard wolf said thing. That way he doesn't die automatically (He will certainly die one day with us be it to politics or enemies). This also gives him a chance to return at a later date. He was a preplanned character and has some meaning in this world.

Well most likely he won't die if we leave him in England as I would guess the wolves would also be there to help.

Your sure with that Nagash? I think someone who try to kill unarmed persons just because they say "We have to talk" in a unfriendly manner is bond to have a violent dead earlyer or later.

Well he's basically going to become a hermit from what I can tell, and as he will be most likely a comrade of the wolves if he does do it then yeah. He will have help if someone tries to kill him. And how much safer is he with us? In my opinion it will be easier finding him with us as we will probably be visited by them one day (Don't ask me how I just know they will someday).

Archived