Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

well... if what you were asking Naga, was how to get people to join your little quest, then remember you got something most of the rest of us don't - a lab and stuff included. Meaning bribes, or, as your character is prone to do, threats. Now I'm fairly sure that bodily harm is not permitted in the Order, but... well, one can be imaginative if the need is strong enough. Either way your master may not have been *that* devilish. *cough* *smirk* yeah. Well. Anyway. Lying is also possible. Which newly gauntlet'ed mage would dare question orders issued by Antonius - especially after he ordered us all to leave his sight... *cough* just saying. :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh Adrian you missed the part that we only need 1 Month left to set up our Lab and so we already started to set up our own lab bevore.

Even more important Calpurina can't take over the lab from her parent as she was given 3 days to clean it out so it can be used for someone other (as mentioned above she also started allready seting up her lab so she wont get this room)!

Also every Magus of our group except Class heared the words of the Head Mage so there is no leverage in turning this words around!

Mikka, is there any truth to rumours of a Third edition WoD ruleset? I notice new Mummy still uses NWoD? And you are always welcome to join in and chat that's the point of forums, hell you could join the game if you wanted but that will have to be the limit for new players for the moment unless someone drops out, as it is confusing enough already!

cj x

...Okay, I give in. I'm breaking my word to myself, but is this spot still available (if no one in the game would mind my joining)? I do love Ars Magica, and I'm available Saturday's the full day, which seems to becoming your playtime.

Don't forget to voice your saison plan here.

but is this spot still available (if no one in the game would mind my joining)?

Yeah, always, especially now that helpax has gone and we just arrived back home at the convenant, you are at perfect timing in fact.

YOu are very welcome Mikka, if it is ok with the players. Drop me an email at chrisjensenromer@hotmail.com

And everyone, sorry I have been so ridiculously quiet. I have been very busy last few days :(

cj x

@Schwarzbart/Naga, - ah, I may have misunderstood, I just assumed that Calpurnia was to take over the lab when it was cleaned out. But even so, should you not be able to cut some time off the lab-setup if you have most of the stuff needed? (I know it might not be written down as such, but surely you need 'stuff' in your lab. If you don't have to buy 'stuff' then it should be able to be done faster and cheaper, surely.)

Either way, my suggestions, I think, are still valid. Bribery, threats, lying... I'm sure diplomacy would have a place too, promising a favor for a favor...

Yes I also assumed that she come up with a suggestion that we also can get something from the Lab if we help.

As player we just souldn't complet forget the effect her Gift haved on us during the travel and that usualy a mage get very allergic if the disruptions in his work get over 10 days in a saison.

Wondering what kind of new Mage we gain now to our Covenant thanks to Mikka :).

Tell me about your characters quick, if you don't mind. :) I don't want to build a mage that steps on the toes of another mage in the covenant, so I'd like to know your specialties to make sure that doesn't happen.

There is a very rough description here.

But a bit more in depth...

I'll give you Silas, the rest can spill their beans if they so desire :P

Silas is polite and helpful. Fond of meddling and poking his nose into places it doesn't belong. Has a fondness for the Mundane and would try to lessen the difference between them and your average mage. He also has a fondess for travel, particularly in cities. Having the gentle gift he usually suffers only few of the problems usual mages do.

As far as mage goes he is a poor one. He has only a passing understanding of magical theory and most of his known spells have limited use. He does dabble in Mentem and Intellego as the two primary pillars, attempting a bit of Rego as the chance presents itself.

Now Class is a Bjornaer with Eagle Owl Heartshape. In the Adventure so fare he mostly used Healing and Selftransformation magic.

He also have some Knowledge in surviving in the Wild but so fare this wasn't realy put to a test.

Its unusal for him to use words or gestures when he use magic except for his most powerfull healing ability.

Also it is known that he manage to speak in his Heartshape Form.

Calpurnia is a female of house Criamon. Following the path of seeming. She is mainly built to cast cold/ice spells (mainly pedro ignem) and as some knowledge of vim (mainly pedro and intellego). She was found in the wilderness around the age of eight. Dark cloads seem to follow her, which seem to bring her bad luck (I've rolled more 10's than everyone else combined). She has practiced with the short sword and short bow a little. Due to her Blatant gift she has basically been forced to intimidate in social encounters if she is trying to get something (though she wishes she didn't have to). She has also studied some astronomy while being in civilization. With her paren's guidelines she learned some information of the infernal realm. She has some interest in birds as well.

Makara is the male insane(?) Criamon. Following the Path of Walking Backward. He is mainly the low level spell generalist that will cover the creative solution of the team. He was cursed by a devil in the past as a child and gain the ability to talk to animal and pure element so all these thousands of noise eventually broke his mind, thankfully he's slightly recover now that Parma Magica (magic shield) borrow from his paren who saved him, which allow him to block off the noise at will and gets some peace. He have a flying fish familiar because.

Gustbran is a grog of highly dubious character. He stole some silver and as a result got caught up in a conspiracy which nearly took his life. Shortly thereafter he attacked the head quaesitor and literally gutted him with a spear. If things turned out less in his favor he would have lost his life. Later on he became wanted for interrogation and torture and execution, but when he was to be turned over to the would-be executioner, a more pressing life-threatening thing popped up so right now that is being ignored. Also, he has a family duty tied to a prophecy and is likely to be very life threatening.

So basically he's ****ed. ^_^

Did I mention his life is in danger?

Edit: I'd love to see all the dangers to his life continue to pile up until they finally come to pass... And like the guy standing in the eye of the hurricane, they all wind up neutralizing themselves leaving him untouched. :)

Baruch is older than the other PCs, a freshly-minted senior magus. He's colloquially OOC-known as the one shot pony, perhaphs in reference to his powerful weather magics. He's a nice guy, if a little spineless sometimes. Here's the standard description:

Baruch is a crouched, thin, bald man. His constantly worried expression has etched his face with a zig-zag of thin lines. He is accommodating to the point of submissiveness and attempts to avoid conflict whenever possible. Those who come to know him may learn to appreciate his exceptional intellectual curiosity and kind heart. He treats everyone, even grogs, with an unusual degree of respect.

I forgot Lord Ramon of Barcelona my Redcap companion.

He is one of the Redcap who actual can make deliveries to the covenant thanks to his winged Horse called Sedala.

This already came into use to bring the others back to the covenant after they got they gauntlet.

Because he belongs to Yuval a Redcap Covenant in Barcelona that is in the Ibernia Tribunal he was/is so fare stationed only for the Winter Saison at the City of Ivory and Jade.

In the Kingdom of Argon he is a landless Noble and have thanks to this and his job as Redcap wide spread contacts to other persons of lower Nobility.

His knack for Etiquette even open some doors that usualy are baren to some of his status.

I should mention my in stasis companion is most likely going to be coming in-game this session. Oh I should mention Calpurnia has a side mission for Ramon, as he doesn't have the gift.

Edit : The mission is look for someone capable enough to aid us, be it evacuating people or when we head back. {additional info restricted for in-game}

If there is a evacutation be started for some assets then Ramon wont have time for anything else. (Beside he dont know english in case you want to send him for buying something)

Questions to CJ

1) Is it posible for Ramon to buy a yearly Ritual that helps in his work with the Enchanted item points?

1b) or did Ramon get the The Transformed Folio for his Homecovenant and the City of Ivory and jade for free?

2) When and where will the yearly Magic item excange happen for Ramon

3) Can we Study Art Summae without a Lab?

4) Is there a deadline how fast we should set up our Lab (given the recent burp of our Covenant I doubt there is any complain if we delay it)

5) Have Ramon any contacts near the curent location of the city of ivory and jade?

Plan: Ramon will go to the Head Redcap and asking if there is any import work for him and then take a look at his book for the same. If no important work is at hand right now he will stay for at last 1-2 days in chase he is needed for evacutation.

Just fired back some quick emails as a nice break from un-haunted houses. I'm just going to write up what Calpurnia knows about Goricious lab!

However a question -- who is going to be taking part in the "clearance"? If people would like to introduce Companion characters, or even play a grog for a change of pace (for example Edith) that is just fine.

Incidentally I am going to award adventure xp rather than seasonal downtime for Winter 1214. Assuming you manage to save the city for a while at least in tomorrow's session, Spring 1215 will then be downtime. I will update the covenant with the extra build points tonight, to mean the library etc is correct. I will also have a look at fixing the Silas Magic Theory issue. :)

cj x

Archived