Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, since CJ probably hasn't read this, we'll likely have to stick to Saturday regardless. Let us consider it settled, shall we, so that people won't have to keep their schedules open.

Nyaa: I think CJ'll be there as usual, but if not, we might play Schwarzbart's pub crawl and the beginning of my adventure. It's Winter, I presume, or if we downtime that, then Spring.

Message from CJ: Owing to continuing illness Chris can't get to a computer tomorrow, but hopes to be back up and about next week. Can you chaps organise something in meantime? He sends apologies for disappearing, and promises to be back in touch soon. He is at home and recovering well, but still woozy and only one more minor op on his teeth to go, when he is well enough from the other issues. :( He sends best wishes and Easter greetings to all! He feels awful about being away so long he says, but has been unfortunately quite unwell.

Thanks guys. Feeling slightly better tonight, and will hopefully be able to return to normal next week. This is CJ btw. I have just started to look at emails and will try to reply over next couple of days as I can. :)

cj x

Well damn. Ok, let's skip this weekend. Might be Nagash would have been able to come, but since we don't know, it might be a good idea to skip. I'll create an ongoing doodle for us - maybe that could reduce the timetable hassle?

OK then we skip this weekend with just 3 people it dont make much sense.

Edit forgot Nagash but there was no post if Nagash have time.

I'm not sure why having 3 players doesn't make sense. Do you mean your adventure need more than 3 people to handle it?

No Nyaa it was 3 people total who sayed that have time namly Nyaa, Wits and Schwarzbart. So one of this people haved to be GM how many player are left?

Then the Bar brawl is a special case where Wits and I share part of the GM work what leaves you as the only player.

If Adrian is right we have this times:

Edit1: added the -5 from Nyaa

Edit2: removed -10 as Nagash is also -5!

Edit3: added -6 for freespace

00 | -6 | -5 | +1 | +2 | +10 GMT/UTC

00 | 18 | 19 | 01 | 02 | 10 (bad for the 3 European player & outside of Mr.Shades time)

04 | 22 | 23 | 05 | 06 | 14 (probably bad for the American Player and very early for the european)

08 | 02 | 03 | 09 | 10 | 20 (bad for the American Player)

12 | 06 | 07 | 13 | 14 | 22 (Even if it start to looking bad for UTC +10 its within the time Mr.Shades like to play)

16 | 10 | 11 | 17 | 18 | 02 (End of the time Mr.Shades want to do)

18 | 12 | 13 | 19 | 20 | 04

20 | 14 | 15 | 21 | 22 | 06 (It becomes late for the European and outside of Mr.Shades time)

Over all it looks like there is no real option for a other time.

If we start later the playtime will get shorter because of Mr.Shades and if we play earlyer our player from the USA probably will have to get up to early.

Yes Mr. Shades left thats why Wits suggested to keep at noon GMT even with the change to summer time. (Wits have now GMT +3, Adrian and I are at GMT +2)

A little suggestion / question: Would it be OK for everyone if we decide that our city grows crops and animals from all around the world? This way the names of our agricultural quarters, like "dates and vines", are more metaphorical and do not exhaust the agricultural activities undertaken there.

This is to alleviate a problem that keeps bothering me, as a dilettante economic historian, about our economy: it's hard to imagine how else we might be able to export the volume of agricultural goods required to import all the silver and other things our economy probably needs but we can't produce.

If we just exported the things that the particular economy below us can produce by itself, we would have to export way greater quantities than we can feasibly move with our little mage-steered dinghy. If, however, we sell goods that the economy below us DOESN'T produce, we can use our antimarket position to leverage greater prices for them as luxury goods. This is quite feasible, I think, given that our city floats around and we might easily have picked up a few silkworms here, ginger there, and alpacas elsewhere. We could also have picked up the know-how, perhaps, through the conscious planning of the magi. This way we can always sell what the people below us can't produce, and consume the other stuff internally. This can only be done through conscious regulation, of course, but we have that in our magocracy.

Hmm you know that we have less then 2km² for food? So Wee need to plant nearly exclusive the most expensive food stuff for Money.

Effective we probably have 4 or more harvest per year or I also cant come up how we are suposed to feed all people and even earn so much money form tis small area we have.

Also I doubt we have much in animals beside the chicken and a vew cows (the later mainly for work).

Trough our constant moving we can sell a vew weeks later in a complet different region and so I think its fine what we have. I.e. in Nuernberg I decided that Olives and Dates would earn a good price.

Well, I presumed, quite reasonably in this case, "wizard did it" for the outrageous productivity of our agriculture. I was thinking more in terms of the exports and imports, which we know are limited by our transport. I guess your solution is feasiblish since olives, dates, apples, and (presumably) grapes together secure at least some antimarket power in many parts of the world. Let's keep it like that, i.e. those are our main products as before, so we don't have to go into it in any greater depth.

We would have livestock, though, at least if the implication of "pasture" is to be taken literally. Can't be much of it in such a tiny space, of course.

Archived