Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heldfast Kickstarter doing really well now with ten days to go. Just a reminder in case anyone not seen it. I'm going to plug it on Twitter and Facebook, have to get word out, want to see some stretch gaols reached. TBH the biggest problem for me is the international postage, so I have gone for a pdf option for the supplements, and as I don't play Pathfinder or D&D am only really getting them to support the KS. Still the gamebook and app sound really fun, and I am really pleased for Black Chicken Studios!

Please do all you can to get he word out guys :D

cj x

cj;

Thanks for plugging us- the supplements are about two-thirds campaign reference material, and one-third gamebook play material, so it should cover both interests. The former is just interesting to read, if you like the setting (the OGL/Pathfinder material is only for use if you wish to convert that material into a campaign.)

Schwarzbart is correct- the gamebook material expands Holdfast in new ways (including an Adventure), although if you are playing the electronic version, you'll need to do the book-keeping yourself. :)

OK chaps, I have a problem. Tomorrow is UKGamesExpo and for work related reasons I need to attend, and won't be available. Unfortunately I have had as so often no notice of this, and will be leaving at 8.30am tomorrow for the show. I therefore can't run tomorrow. :( Given the situation I left the characters in last week I appreciate this is less than ideal, and unfortunately unlike last week when I could shift an appointment, this week I definitely can't get out of this and there is no way I can be back in anything like time.

So it would be great if someone could volunteer to run a story set on the city tomorrow, featuring the other character set. Calpurnia might be able to return, if i can catch Nagash tonight and sort out the last season of her adventures; or you may have alternative characters than can run. I'm sorry guys, you know I run if I possibly can, but this time it really is impossible. I just feel wretched that once again I have less than 24 hours notice :(

cj x

Calpurnia might be able to return, if i can catch Nagash tonight and sort out the last season of her adventures

Plaese post/summerize her adventure so I can run my plot of her without conflict. Oh geez, I wil have to check for the reminding member of the ciry first so it wasn't just a bunch of frail characters. Maybe assuming this is another season...

Alternately, I have another shorter one that I can run if no one else have an adventure. I kinda want to hold this one back until later since it might complicate CJ's plot depend on the hidden agenda of CJ.

Don't worry about it, CJ, expo happens.

Would be great if you could run either of those stories, Nyaa. I don't think it's a problem to run with several magi. Would be great to get to play Taitale, finally :)

Edit: Ah, you meant in terms of frailty? All of our muscle is down in England, yes, but we can always bring generic grogs if needed.

Hmm, looks like the second adventure it is.

Edit: Nah, the first adventure would be a waste if Gustbran can't participate! :)

Edit 2: Did we know what kind of mage is Antonious?

Hope you enjoy the Expo CJ :)

Yay glad to play Bashir (my little sneak) again if needed.

As for Antonius,... I'd describe him as a man that is temperamental, and with a very little regard for human life. Despite that he has been ruling the city and they aren't all crying out for blood so he can't be all bad (or at least has delegated the task of actually running the city to someone competent). He seems quite concerned with his own well being, which perhaps isn't surprising, most of us are, as he was perfectly willing to leave most of the citizenry and younger mages to fend for themselves when the City began faltering originally. He HAS tried to figure out the cause though, and how to help. Whether it is merely to preserve his power, status or a sense of duty... remains to be seen.

I don't think he holds the Order in particularly high regard either, and likely their members in even lower regard, but as long as he doesn't have to deal with them then there is no reason to be openly hostile... the last part is mearly me guessing though :P

Archived