Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I did reply earlier but my pc froze up. Nothing new there! OK, I need to know for next session if you are going to stick around till evening when the Tribunal will be in session, or get the hell out and get home. (I guess I'll explain why - I made up background sheets for some of the major NPC's and character sheets so that friends of mine - Ars players and other authors - could drop in and play the NPC's for a session. I thought it would be amusing if you logged in as normal and found 10-12 more people all ready to play their parts in the Tribunal for that session only. ;) ) However Christmas being upon us I have got no further than writing a few character sheets, and I think getting out before anything else goes wrong a very sound plan! Still up to you chaps - either way very cool by me.

:D

So next session you plan to grab a rock (which will then be an Arcane Connection to Stonehenge) and get out of there? You need to find your way back to wherever your covenant has drifted, but Ramon's pegasus often knows the way for some reason.

BTW has anyone got any real idea what is going on yet?

cj x

I don't realy know beside that the Ritual probably sacrefice the center Magus to keep the Dragon in check for some years to come and that Edith probably did something horible (maybe is even the reason why the dragons aweak right now)

Btw CJ should I create the Mentor of Class via a caracter sheet? I started alread last week but stoped when I hit the rule problem I reported today. Was thinking about designing him up to 50 years what means that there are some years open as it is the absolut minimum of his curent age.

Freespace, I think you are welcome. You might even be able to take up a role if you wanted. (Even if just a 1shot character - they tend to die off or get transformed or one thing or another so if you don't want anything too solid then that may be the way ;))

CJ, I can't speak for the group but if things settle down (as they look to be doing - even with a bit of a power vacuum) I don't see why we couldn't stick around. Our main reason for getting the heck out of dodge was mainly the castle swallowing dragons awakening.

(For the record, fleeing like sissies is still the wisest thing to do when there are dragons after your group!)

Remember when CJ asked Class to do a perception roll as he was falling asleep? I was sure it his animal side waking up and waking to find a tasty mouse :P

CJ did we get teached Parma Magica already in the extrem short time we haved?

If not we need to stay if the dragon rising is successfull stoped with this ritual beside that we could get our left back equipment.

But I still think for Baruch it probably is the best to not show up at Stonehenge as I doubt his trial will be forgoten over the events just happened (But it might be dropen in light of this events).

Also don't forget that one of our Members try to save Edith who probably also shouldn't show up her face at Stonehenge again.

So the Votes for my Chars are:

Class want to stay out of the politics and so prefer to get back to the covenant as soon as posible so he can start with his Lab work. But if he didn't got teached the Parma Magica so far he will stay till that is done.

Ramon See the posibilitys in raising up as Redcap or at last to impress the right people favorable in such turbulent times even if he still didn't get his gauntlet (He belongs to the Iberia Tribunal so he wouldn't do it at Stonehenge). But helping the Members of the covenant City of Ivory and Jade to get back have a high priority for him.

(I put my other unansweared questions to CJ so he just have to look in one place)

Oh and CJ don't forget to think about the The Transformed Folio as I would love to have it as Arcane Connection for the "Sense The True Path" item Ramon have.

Btw. should I create the Mentor of Class or have you done so? I started alread last week with some basics but stoped when I hit the rule problem I have reported. Was thinking about designing him up to 50 years what means that there are some years open as it is the absolut minimum of his curent age.

I'm fairly sure that we were taught Parma Magica, we can even chose something to specifically guard against.

If we are character voting on this, then Silas would probably vote to stay, if nothing else to aid those who need it. And seeing someone died to calm the dragons/secure them/something he'd probably want to pay his respects. (Even if it was death by backstabbing. Silas is by no means as paranoid as I am.)

Of cause he'd be sure to step off quietly around evening time, and take Edith out of the sleeve. (We wouldn't want to repeat Baruch's problem with having a grown man pop back to full size on top of his head.)

I short:

The eart shakened a vew times right after our last gauntlet and sudenly a gap opened for a short duration where you did fall in. We otheres try to run while Baruch stumbled on a Tremere who teleport to a undground system below Stonehenge taking Baruch with him. There he heared your help crys and saved you. There was also some talk going on betwean some of us and NPCs and a twist betwean Calpurnia and Class as He wanted to go in hiding while she whanted Class to grow and fly away (it was ~10AM and Class is Noctular). Class decided just to leave Calpurnia standing, go looking for some good place to stay for the day and found a good cave. In the mean time a giant Dragon tail broke trough the eart at Stonehenge.

The cave Class found offerd even a good chance survive in the event the forest would be burned down and so he lead the others to it. Class did go to sleep and Ramon found the group. When sudenely also a Necromancer apear and the cave became full. As the Necromancer with his roting flesh drew all attention on him one of us sneaked out. We ended with a small party started by the Necromancer.

Side Note 1 Edith is now a mouse and god only know for how long

Side Note 2 Ramon offered the group to take them all on his White Horse to theyr Covenant.

Side Note 3 It looks like the most powerfull Mage of Stonehenge work on a ritual to get the dragons sealed again

Thats about it in short form.

Haha! Yeah, I'll try to come to the next session.

A one shot character might be the best! I know nothing about the Setting, but would it be possible to play a kind of magic fanboy? Someone who knows way more than the average non-magic user about the theory of magic (though some of it would probably be inaccurate folk lore) but makes up for the lack of magic by being lucky and having some nice non-magical skills? (Observation, dodging, distraction, etc.)

Freespace if we stay at stonehenge I'm sure CJ will be happy if you play one of the NPC Magus of the Tribunal but I doubt you will be happy in playing a un Gifted then as it is about mage politics where the word of a ungifted (except for a redcap who consider on nearly the same level as a Magus) count less then nothing to my knowledge.

If we fly back home then it will be hard to get someone new in next session especial if he is a mundan.

My character wants to leave, now.

We did learn Parma Magic. We learned it between sessions.

Also I have a question can a tribunal hold someone on trial if they are not apart of their group? Because something about the charges in my memory suggested that Baruch had to be apart of this tribunal, due to a mention of some familiarity between Baruch and Libellus.

I think Steven is breaking his 'promise' so he turn Edith into a mouse.

I fear the time was not nearly enough to introduce us into the secret of the Parma Magica bevore the earth was shaking.

CJ said we learned it. We were just missing one little secret to use it and the mentor teaches us that right after initiation.

Side Note 2 Ramon offered the group to take them all on his White Horse to theyr Covenant.

Since the Pegasus can increase 5x size, assume it can normally carry 2 person, it should be able to carry 10 person, which is our escape.

Just saw this while editing the note, so there we go.

<CJ> IMPORTANT NOTE: EVeryone should record they have Parma Magica 1 now. You were taught the secret after your Gauntlet. You may choose a form as a speciciality to defend against

Edit:

Specialization:

<CJ> (One Art - Animal, Aquam, Ignem, etc, etc. Your choice)

I saw that Creo effects can be permanent (the Creo Terram spell Touch of Midas) and now I wonder if Muto effects also can become permanent especial Muto Terram and what effect on the difficulty does it have.

I.e. if I want to change dirt to silver its level 4 +1 for range Touch = 5 maybe even 10 for unnatural but the duration would be Momment +0 if the change is permanent and so its easyer and bether then if the same spell haved Sun duration what would be a level 15 spell.

Did we agree on a date for the next session already? I should be able to do next Saturday the usual time.

As far as I can tell, Silas would be the only one fairly strongly in favor of staying. OOC I find this a little sad, because I would have really been interested in what happens next in the Tribunal (and I suspect Baruch'll only get in more trouble for not being present do defend himself), but like I said I do suspect Baruch would be strongly inclined to flee. He might be persuaded, though, now that the dragons have been momentarily pacified.

And as for CJ's other question, I have an idea of where things seem headed, but don't really understand why.

Archived