Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

I can't keep all 3 days free, right now its possible to arange it that I can do Friday (posible that I'm late), Saturday or Sunday but I need to know till Wed. afternoon what day it will be!!!

(added from my previus posting to have my unansweared question to CJ at the latest post I made)

@CJ: Do I understand it right a Mercer mage (Silas) stay in the Tower of Emerald Joys and a Redcap in the Temple of Jade & Ivory?

Just wondering because I thought they usualy stay at the same building.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday seems fine to me, I may be a bit late (half an hour max I think slightly depending on which bus I catch) and playing from laptop but should be fine. (Just means my it takes a bit longer to read the character sheet.)

Small question that I forgot to ask CJ, but maybe one of you know; Were we born in the City of Jade and Ivory or just traveled there at some point?

Small question that I forgot to ask CJ, but maybe one of you know; Were we born in the City of Jade and Ivory or just traveled there at some point?

Seems to be decide by the player's background, mine definitely got send there after my gift are discovered.

To find a suitable Apprentice a Mage usualsy have to search for it. For a Mercer Mage its especial difficult as his apprentice should be of the blood of a other Mercer Mage.

The main problem with a char born at the City of Jade and Ivory I see right now is the mother language as we don't know so fare what language are talked in the districts.

Edit:

Not sure If I can make saturday, should be able to make sunday.

OK sunday it is then when we play. If I didn't misscount everyone except Freespace have agreed on this.

The main problem with a char born at the City of Jade and Ivory I see right now is the mother language as we don't know so fare what language are talked in the districts.

Speaking of a Translation spell that we all definitely need...

Speaking of a Translation spell that we all definitely need...

I doubt Class will find the time for this any time soon as I have already laid out what he want to do for the next 5+ saisons.

(Just to remember setup the Lab take 2 Saisons)

Maybe some of use want to play a Heroic companion as they have a special virtue to speak every language.

Yeah we will have to go for Sunday but it is a real shame. Just so you know I'm away Saturday 19th but can make the Sunday if need be. Fridays are harder for me but I can always take time off if need be. However I know weekends are always difficult for everyone, and I'm amazed at people putting up with the Time Zone difference. Maybe we should try midnight GMT rather than noon one day to let those who have to play in the morning play at night just for once and vice versa. Serious suggestion :)

Oh and I'm finally back and am now working through your emails!

cj x

This is not directly related to the saga, and there is no need to read it, but you might enjoy it. It is a ghost story, written by the 19th century academic Montague Rhode James, who grew up in a parish in Suffolk a century before I grew up on the adjacent farm. As such I like to muse sometimes on the fact M.R.James and I played in the same woods, streams and hidden places. :) We both spent most of our lives in academia, and both have a passion for Denmark, ghost stories and East Anglian history and churches: however I have never amounted to much, unlike Monty. Still perhaps there is something in the place where we both grew up that made us similar in some way - anyway here is one of his ghost stories (very short, based like my stories on real folklore, and I think if you are enjoying the saga you might enjoy it. It does not contain any spoilers, but it does set the mood for what Edith's family background is like a bit...

So if you have time, here is M.R James' "A Warning to the Curious"

http://www.litgothic.com/Texts/warning.html

:lol::P:o

cj x

Just so you know I'm away Saturday 19th but can make the Sunday if need be. Fridays are harder for me but I can always take time off if need be.

Edit: Sunday the 20. should work for me, at last there is nothing other planed for this day right now.

Maybe we should try midnight GMT rather than noon one day

0:00 GMT (1:00 CET) to start is sadly a extremst bad time for me 3-4h later and I might be fine.

I have a feeling Stephan is going to have a very difficult time ahead of him. It is just a feeling, but a very cold one. Thanks for the link to the story.

Also, I don't mind changing times. The time difference, if I recall, are: Nyaa & Naga at -10 GMT, Mr. Shade at +10, Wits at +2 and Schwarzbart and myself at +1.

I'm up for trying whenever really, perhaps just not too late *this* Sunday. I got an exam Monday at 11am and while I may be sleeping poorly that night I still prefer to be sleeping :P

If Adrian is right we have this times:

Edit1: added the -5 from Nyaa

Edit2: removed -10 as Nagash is also -5!

Edit3: added -6 for freespace

Freespace at -6 GMT, Nyaa & Naga at -5, Mr. Shade at +10, Wits at +2 and Schwarzbart and Adrian at +1

00 | -6 | -5 | +1 | +2 | +10 GMT/UTC

00 | 18 | 19 | 01 | 02 | 10 (bad for the 3 European player & outside of Mr.Shades time)

04 | 22 | 23 | 05 | 06 | 14 (probably bad for the American Player and very early for the european)

08 | 02 | 03 | 09 | 10 | 20 (bad for the American Player)

12 | 06 | 07 | 13 | 14 | 22 (Even if it start to looking bad for UTC +10 its within the time Mr.Shades like to play)

16 | 10 | 11 | 17 | 18 | 02 (End of the time Mr.Shades want to do)

18 | 12 | 13 | 19 | 20 | 04

20 | 14 | 15 | 21 | 22 | 06 (It becomes late for the European and outside of Mr.Shades time)

Over all it looks like there is no real option for a other time.

If we start later the playtime will get shorter because of Mr.Shades and if we play earlyer our player from the USA probably will have to get up to early.

If the times are now right (edited my post above) I think the best alternative time we could try is 18:00 GMT (17 GMT during the summer time) but we allways will have a bad time for Mr. Shade when its a good time for the rest.

At last midnight is for sure bad time for 1/2 of the group.

Edit:

I'm flexible with the time. Can handle anything from 2pm to 2am, GMT +10.

So 18GMT is bad for him and 12:00GMT within his wished time.

Archived