Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me what book is meant with Projects in the Spelllist PDF?

Edit: Its sick I just looked and realised that Class could pull off formulatic spells up to a level of 45 in his focus without need to rolling trough the night except for maybe a botch but there is no chance he manage to learn a spell of this level within the next years as the Lab total of him is just lvl 40 in this focus.

Baruch/Wits did an admirable job with the session. :)

I wish I had his email, though, as I would have sent him an updated copy of my character sheet. I felt a bit awkward with having to sort ofcast magic "that I know" but kinda don't for the story purposes. Other than that though, I think it went incredibly well. Can't wait to see what crapstorm we generate next. :) I suppose that it is possible to cast magic from a written instruction, but it's just awkward for me.

So I suppose that for next week we'll do a quick "conclusion and return" to the covenant, and then fast forward to the events in paris?

Maybe we should just do something completely different next week, and the week after, CJ can just spend the entire session tying it all together. :P

I would dig that, but unfortunately this session happen in winter, Paris session happen in spring, so next session will have to be summer, so paris event would require to be resolved within spring.

We once haved the idea to travel or hide in the twilight void here. I just found where the infos about this is given RoP:M 23!

It apears to be easy to enter it but hard to leave and any trip you do in there can take for ever in real time.

Once through, however, it can take a very long time to reach the destination, so long that the character will effectively leave the game.

I'm up for the first time in several days, and the doctor assures me I'm on the mend. I may not even make the funeral now though, and I'm still very weak and not looked at email yet. If someone else wants to run this weekend that fine by me, or I can run if need be, if I can sit up long enough :) I'm getting better -- this time i was really quite horribly unwell, and I still have not broken the fever. :(

I'm all for finishing the boat retrieval, but I'm a little hesitant to start another sidestory so soon after we just did one. We might get to the point where we go, "Archmage Stephan... who's that again?"

I even think to place it right at the point you arive at the covenant from Wits adventure as I think it would be good to have a VIM mage aviable for what I have in mind ^^.

Btw Free you realy think there many chars who will follow up the Prophecy and the part where you nearly killed the head Quaesitor?

Beside one of the mages that was there need to take the initative we also absolut need CJ fit again bevore such things can be handled.

I suspect that if we dont act on our own in 7 ingame years when the next "Regional Tribunal" is hold we will see the follow up of this but not bevore and there will be many other adventures even from CJ betwean this.

I.e. in Autumn there is the next huge mage meeting where at last some of our mages will take part of it.

Then I also supect that the Grand Tribunal is also bevore this Regional Tribunal.

Well whatever works. I just believe in the philosophy that in most case you should deal with your problems rather than let them fester, because ultimately you'll find them to be worse when you're forced to confront them.

But whatever. Just remember that he can't just spontaneously cast things, so he will probably only be really good as a negater or demon warder until he can learn some specific spells beyond what is written in the basic rules.

We could always begin exploring our covenant's unexplored area and reading the Covenant lore book is one of Makara's priority anyway. Any subt GM can just turn it into a classic D&D dungeon exploration if they want to make a banal uninteresting decent session. Just need to contact CJ about his plan for the unexplored area first.

@Freespace as mentioned already Class see 3 things from this adventure

1) The Prophecy crap where one of the 2 Criamon have to decode the meaning first and then we can try to come up with a action if it is at a related to us

2) The attack on the Quaesitor this is apearently at the hand of our Archmage as he apears to have accepted Gustbran instead of killing him outright.

3) The rise of the Elder Dragons something the Elder Mages at the Stonehange Tribunal have to take care off not a bunch of mages just past theyr gauntlet.

Beside why would he want to let him draw into this timeconsuming buisness of a mage war that was to happen earlyer or later in the Stonehenge Tribunal?

This info about the Archmage we have ist just a try to get us to one of the sides in this war and after Corvus sudenly fanished one his link to this Tribunal got cut!

Beside Class will most likely meet Meles again at the meeting in autumn then he will hear how it is going at Stonehenge what is still early enough for him.

Archived