Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

Schwarzbart: Yeah, if you look at the true lineages book, you'll note that training two apprentices between two magi is in fact common with Bonisagi. They do a kind of synergy trick where each magus agrees to teach the other's apprentice, and the apprentices stay with one magi for half the time and with the other the other half.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its best I use a Initations to show it

Script Bonus + Cult Lore + Pre of the Mystragon must be equal or higher of the Target level and there is no roll on this.

Lets say we have

Target Level 21

Script Bonus 15

That means the one who want to Innitate you (called Mystragon) need to have at last the Cult Lore + Pressence at 6.

Unless it is special mentioned you need a other to be the Mystragon for you as Selfiniation is much more difficult!

Then there is the innitation script that need to be full followed!

So there might be quests to be done, time spend on Travel to a specific location ect.

If just one of the points of the initationscript is not done as specifical called in the script then the initation cant be done!

I.e. if the script says the Initate gain the flaw Blant Gift but the Initate have this flaw already or a minor version of it (unberable to ...) and so cant gain it means the initationscript cant be used!

There is still the posibility to change a initation script but usualy you can only add, change or remove one part of the script and this need a roll and someone only can try to change the script once and before a other try he need to advance a other level in the Cult Lore.

Thanks, can the quest condition be satisfy before we begin it? Like visiting a beautiful place.

Edit: Is some of those bonus optional? Can I opt out some of it if the Mystragon can cover the extra points?

As mentioned above you have to change the script for adding or removing a part of it!

Also you always can only change one part of the script at a time and no mater if you success or not your next try to change it have then to wait till your bether in the Cult Lore.

(Removing a single part of the script is stress die + Int + cult lore vs 15 and I dont want to know what happen when you botch this!)

Yes the quests usualy have to be done bevore you get to the mystragon and tell him your ready for the initation from what I understand it.

But keep in mind that a +3 bonus for visiting a special place at a special time asume that you need to travel for a extended time to the location and if you dont spend enough time on travel its not fullfilled.

I.e. one of the initations my new char want to take request to take a apprentice and the 1 saison training per year for the full 15 year count as one part of the initation script.

But keep in mind that a +3 bonus for visiting a special place at a special time asume that you need to travel for a extended time to the location and if you dont spend enough time on travel its not fullfilled.

Umm... the 5+ days travel to the Stonehenge at the special time of Gauntlet count?

Usualy it asumed you spend a complet saison on this. But best send me per PM what script you want to do Inc. Book and page and I have a look.

Btw. if you want to initate in a Mayor Virtue it is usualy expected that you already have Cult Lore at 5 even if it is not explicite mentioned in the initation script.

Edit: in the case you brought up it clearly wont do and even at others initations it would be not enough time you spend from how I understand the rules.

Guys I just don't know if I can make it. I've been up since 3AM here and my family is going to arrive late tonight which means that I might not be done 'til 3AM tommorrow, and that means 2 hours of nap before the game? I don't think I'd wake up for that so my only alternative is to stay awake until the game begins... I've been cleaning and shopping all day to get those things out of the way for when they arrive....

In short, Don't wait up for me if I dont' show up. :(

OMG I just looked back and saw that we only advanced 2 saisons within 4 Month of playing so fare!

Maybe someone need to kill Edith that we have at last 1 saison advance per month even if this is still a very slow campaign but with 4 month passed with just 1 Labsaison our mages will never get bether and so exiting things like Enchanting or taking a own apprentice will never happen. (even taking a familiar take a complet saison to bind him)

I think we clearly can say our campaign is a extrem slow one and Lab time have (next to) no effect unless CJ suddenly gives us a vew years where nothing except Labtime happens.

Perhaps we can find a agreement that per ingame Saison at max 1 Adventure can be happen and if one player requested Adventure have to take place in a specific saison there is no other plot at this saison then?

Btw do anyone know if at the time we play it is posible to build a room with over 3 paces hight that have a empty 30pacesx30paces area with no pillars?

OMG I just looked back and saw that we only advanced 2 saisons within 4 Month of playing so fare!

That's not really the right way to read it. The first twelve games is us getting gauntlet to become wizard and introduction to the game and our Covenant. They are the prelude and tutorial before the game really start.

Session thirteen is where we begin our real freeform playing although most of us still trying to set up our lab, but we are playing winter covenant, so that's understandable. Looking from that point on, it's actually 1 mini adventure per season (one for end of winter, one for spring, one for summer) that resolved in one or two game session, and spring and summer are free lab time so far.

Are we already in autumn with the curent adventure? I thought its still summer!

It's still summer, I'm just assuming the current adventure won't take more than 10 days to complete and your mage can still do lab.

Since there's no bad weather or earthquake related problem in our covenant, you could just pin down a really big tent or something not heavy instead. Until Baruch cast another storm spell...

Remember the definition we got from CJ about the size of a pace so its ~30mx30m = 900m² what you show here looks like it is much smaler

Um, a pace is defined in Ars Magica 5th as 1m if you live in a metric country, and 3 feet (c.96cm I think)if you use Imperial. I use either, interchangeably, but as all measures in the rules are given in paces you don't really need to know. Assume a certain fuzziness, and it's somewhere around either, but use which very youa re more familiar with when doing any needed maths.

this is about the size I ask just with a lesser hight:

mu_res_herkules.jpg

Archived