Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nyaa and Nagash A example that is given in The Myteries Revised for why to form a new Mystic Cult is to study the magic secrets of a old covenant!

That means after you get enough knowledge in the Area Lore you actual have to spend saisons to study what you have found and learn the Mystic Cult Lore from it.

After the Mystic Cult Lore is high enough someone have to self initate into the secrets.

If CJ is nice you find some Scripts for this what makes it easyer as you just have to follow this script and make sure your Pre+Cult Lore +Script Bonus is =>18 (or 30 if a Mayor Virtue).

Otherwise you have to experiment with a unsure result but the Target Number is still the same.

Personal I wouldn't start the Initation into this bevore I not have at last Pre+Cult Lore >10

I personal doubt that CJ will let us get away so easy with just 1 player focusing on the repair of the covenant so that I doubt the 2 secrets I aim for with Dirk will be enough to fix everything and thats where this Cult and other player will come into play.

Even if it is not the plan of CJ right now I find it a interesting goal for some player to aim for with a lot of Adventure potential.

@Nyaa and Nagash A example that is given in The Myteries Revised for why to form a new Mystic Cult is to study the magic secrets of a old covenant!

Oh man, I still haven't have my criamon initiation yet! But it's not like I will be good at magic, so this seems like the right path for me to progress. I suppose to be the low power magical skill monkey anyway.

Personal I wouldn't start the Initation into this bevore I not have at last Pre+Cult Lore >10

How do I get more Pre? Cause I only have 2 Presence. So I would need 8 cult lore...

It should be a long term goal (decades not just years) so you probably can do some Criamon Initations and some learning inbetwean while looking for sources to increase your score in the Cult Lore.

How do I get more Pre? Cause I only have 2 Presence. So I would need 8 cult lore...

I think its a level 45 Creo Mentem effect ArM5 148.

Increase one of a person’s mental Characteristics by one point, to no more than +3.

So if your CrMe is not up to it to craft a item or invent/learn a spell you still can ask someone else to creat a item for you when you have collected enough vis to pay for it.

But I think a positive Twilight result could also increase your Characteristics

To spare CJ a bit of hassel I'll ask here. Is there a place I can read about upgrading your lab? The benefits and costs? And is it available digitally? :P I'm aware that there was a huge sale in January on a lot of hard copy books about Ars Magica, but the cost for the transport alone was *huge*.

If not then is there a benefit to upgrading, and if so then what? More lab total? and what is the cost.

Also, how does one acquire Vis? I'm aware that the covenant gains Vis throughout the year, but how would a single member get hold of it. Petition Antonius, simply take it (as is my due) or something else?

Thanks in advance.

To spare CJ a bit of hassel I'll ask here. Is there a place I can read about upgrading your lab? The benefits and costs? And is it available digitally?

What you ask for is in Covenants and this book is aviable as PDF at e23

http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=AG0280

You can extract Vis from a Aura in your Lab as writen in ArM 94 or try to find a new source of Vis.

But keep in mind a to extensive use of Vis extraction can drop the Aura by a level.

The Lab Dirk will use probably end up -2 to all Lab Scores +8 Item Enchanting with no Upkeep or size change to a normal lab.

I think we have only 1 unused Tower lab left when Dirk joins because Class leaves.

What Adrian asked here is how he can personalise his already existing Lab!

Edit: But when Fyjax of Tytalus is still alive as the Covenant description says in oposit to what the story of Helpax says then we are full.

Schwarzbart: I'm pretty sure he's dead. He was an infernalist anyway, so I doubt they would let him stay.

Adrian: There's usually an annual allotment of vis each member of the covenant is allowed to take from the covenant's vis income. Usually private sources of vis are not allowed. So all vis is first gathered together, then some is dished out to magi, and the covenant as a collective entity keeps the rest. I'm not sure what our allotments are - maybe CJ could include that in the description when he updates the books and such in the covenant post. Or maybe there's some more unusual system.

I just read trough Cermonial Casting ArM5 83.

Do I understand it right that casting the spell takes 15Min*Magnitude usualy cost no Vis and add Artes Librares and Philosophiae to the casting score?

Just wondering because Baruch was calculating needed Vis when he planed to do a Spontan Cermonial at a Drake attack.

I came to this when reading trough a Minor Virtue that allow Cermonial Casting under certain limitations also for Forumlatic Spells (and even add a extra +3 to the score).

Schwarzbart: That's how understand it, as well. If I remember correctly, the vis was just to boost the spell, because controlling the drake would have been so insanely difficult. But even with the Vis it wouldn't have worked - I think it's because magic theory limits the amount of vis you can expend like that, and the total was too high.

With Rudiments of Grammar Ql 15 Lvl 8 its not so a big problem to learn Artes Librares for our covenant but Philosohiae will be a pain.

But anyway after setting his lab up Dirk first have to spend probably 13 saison to study Forms and 2 saisons Parma Magica from our books bevore I can look at what next ^^.

As for fatigue... I think I screwed up the attack on the knight. If you're supposed to add your skill being used to the total then I did not calculate the temp bonus right. Furthermore the bonus that I did calculate was not added to the roll anyway. :(

I think CJ also missed the doubling roll for your crushing damage.

<CJ> Right Gustbran damage from teh crash

<Corbenik> THe boat flies down to the others

<CJ> !roll 1d10+5

<Magic_Dice> CJ: 6:1+5

<CJ> Not stress.

<CJ> Gustbran is alive, just trapped in the wreckage and dead hordses

I think because we have no Info about CJ I would prefer if we make the market visit and the flight back next weekend any opinion on this?

Edit: You still can collect here in the forum what you want to buy so I can get my thoughts together where you can get this and at what price.

Archived