Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

For Coin I would break it down to each saisons they are in service/ Member of the covenant.

We have a total Income of 250 Mytic Pound for our covenant but most is already used up.

The silver coin must be Mythic Pennies worth 1/240 Mythic Pound so a Mage get 2 Mythic Pound per year what sounds about right and dont hurt our income even with 12 mages.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got the technique books that we bought with the points that we got to decide on; we have summae on everything except Herbam (which we should try to rectify fairly soon, btw). CJ hasn't gotten around to updating the first post, unfortunately.

I thought we claimed a Herbam book trough our Gauntlet adventure but no one took the time to inspect it so fare.

But if we dont have one then thanks to Dirk we have bit bether connections now to Durenmar as his parent is one of the Named mages of this Covenant in the Rhine Tribunal book.

Still it will cost us to visit there and copy it from one of theyr books not to mention that they are usualy at the capacity limit of visitors.

Alternative we maybe can confice them to give us a copy but that will be for sure expensive.

(Its one of the things I prever to have CJ the first word on the price)

Sure I plan to visit this covenant again for a initation but this wont happen within the next 2-3 years.

Gustbran is totally ready for whatever evil waits below in the bowels of the covenant. I've reviewed the combat rules and with the new spear and XP added from the previous adventures it will actually make a huge difference in attack power. If I had a rematch with that jerk knight from before I would stand about equal with him if I got the first blow in, I think. With my better understanding of the rules and ability upgrades, now I have a total attack bonus of +18 using fatigue. (+19 if the spear specialty also adds to that) I'm ready to kick some evil butt, guys!

My keyboard is actually a Japanese keyboard, although in function it is 98% identical for an english speaker as the latin alphabet is still typed in qwerty format. I thought it would be a nice tool for going the next step in learning the characters, although I haven't bothered to use the extra functionality. A bit more expensive than a cheap bare bones one but far higher quality. The only problem I've ever seen in my almost 2 years of use is slight fading on the vowel keys but that's nothing really.

Do I understand Covenants right for Summa and Tractus?

First the Autor write the text and this will the put into good writing by a Scripe.

After the Scribe is finished the illuminator get to work bevore the binder finish the book?

So usualy 4 persons, maybe 5 if the Autor use a Notar, work on just one book?

Great Nyaa :)

CJ allready metioned

think we should all take turns to run stories, and I am happy to disclose my ideas for thinsg like parts of the city for people running there, but ultimately you may have better ideas!

So as long you dont kill the plot he have prepared everythig should be fine.

We just should keep him the Head GM as he simply have the most expirience with this job.

Just as a heads up (A very early one!) I will be unable to attend the 30th and maybe the 6th. I'll be out of the country and returning late on the 5th, and will likely stay with a friend that weekend.

But I should be able to do Saturday.

Btw my next "adventure" will probably just a simple pub brawl at the city to learn how to handle the combat as GM in Ars Magica.

Right, I forgot about Adrian, thanks for the reminder.

If it's ok with you, I would like to integrate the pub brawl as the prelude to my Hyperborean adventure, when the time for that comes; it would fit well with what I have in mind. You could handle the combat, I could handle the narrative.

I won't be here this Saturday, either, but this will be the last Saturday I can't be here. I'll be there to play on the 6th of next month like normal. Though I have a vacation in May which will take out Saturday playing time again... bah.

I won't be here this Saturday, either,

We should look into our friday and sunday option again.

So as long you dont kill the plot he have prepared everythig should be fine.

Won't kill the plot, but CJ won't be able to go back to his plot for at least ten sessions. :P

I might be able to do Sunday, if we could make it a bit later then our usual time. Just by two hours, really. Would that be possible? 7 is too early in the morning for Sunday, but 9 I could do easily enough.

I might be able to pop in for a while on this Sunday, but I can't be sure. Can't play after ~ 2pm GMT, in any case. Other Sundays should be fine, but I don't think we should systematically switch the day unless a) it benefits someone and B) it doesn't disadvantage more people that it benefits.

Archived