Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

that is correct Mr. Shades :)

Channel will be 'wizardbase' on the server that Nyaa mentioned (the synirc.net one) I'll pop in and create it a few hours in advance if unless someone beats me to it :)

There was a how to get there somewhere earlier in this thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channel will be 'wizardbase' on the server that Nyaa mentioned (the synirc.net one)

I got permission from MorsRattus to use his chat room Wizardbase. He is a gm that currently use the room to help out with players' char creation for his pbp game, and he agreed to help us out so you can ask him anything... I probably should had mention this earlier.

Noon tomorrow we start

Reminder: The Noon of GMT 00:00 time zone.

OK, managed to connect to IRC. MAny thanks to MorsRattus. If tomorrow is a success maybe we should create our own room? It has been years since i played with mIRC. I'm going to go check who has characters sorted now, and what I need to do before tomorrow!

cj x

OK, managed to connect to IRC. MAny thanks to MorsRattus. If tomorrow is a success maybe we should create our own room?

Creating a room is as easy and typing /join [room name].

Also, I have dicebot that will roll the dices and stuff.

Nagashofchaos quite rightly mentioned that typing everything may cause problems and confusion/overlap as well as limiting our time. I think we should try typing and see how it goes, but if it doesn't it was suggested that we could try Raidcall, as it is easy to set up and easy to DL. But let us see how it goes first :)

Ahh thats exact what I wanted a Covenant that without the players would be a Winter Covenant as it make the player importantent for the covenant.

Edit:

How is Spontaneous Magic working?

Lets say we have a caster who have Form+ Technique of 20 what level of spells could he possible create?

When I understand it correct this caster would roll 20+1d10 and after he got the score it would dividied trough 5 what and so it would be only lvl 5 effects that within his possibilitys?

At last unless he takes fatigue when it would only divided by 2 and so a effect of level 12-13 would be around 50% chance to make it?

Lets say we have a caster who have Form+ Technique of 20 what level of spells could he possible create?

When I understand it correct this caster would roll 20+1d10 and after he got the score it would dividied trough 5 what and so it would be only lvl 5 effects that within his possibilitys?

At last unless he takes fatigue when it would only divided by 2 and so a effect of level 12-13 would be around 50% chance to make it?

Close, but not quite, according to the rules as written.

For non-fatiguing (i.e. safe) spontaneous magic, you would have (Form + Technique + Stamina + Aura)/5, no die roll. So, with a Fo+Te of 20, they'd be able to cast level 4 spells, and if their STA + the aura is 5, they'd be able to case level 5 spells. Not powerful, but rather flexible.

Fatiguing (i.e. potentially twlight-ing) spontaneous magic is more as you expect: (Form + Technique + Sta + Aura + stress_die)/2. So level 10 spells will work in anything but a negative aura, and depending on the Sta + aura + die roll, level 15 spells could be possible.

Will we play at the same channel again tomorrow or at a different one?

We will certainly gather at the same channel again unless cj wants a new channel. Don't forget to come one hour earlier due to change of daylight saving.

Our American crowd at least. I think most, if not all, of Europe switched some time before we started. I can't recall how Australia works but they have changed too I think...

Regardless! 12 GMT (noon) still works. I hope you will all double-check to see if your times have changed :)

Thanks to everyone who played today. Sorry things a bit slow, I like the players to uncover things ta their own rate and make choices about where they go. (There are three East Anglian covenants, so you were likely to eventually stumble on one of them!) I'm building heavily on real folklore and real history, so which ever direction you strike out in you should eventually come across plot elements :)

I'm slowly getting the hang of IRC, and I really enjoyed Calpurnia's Twilight episode. I'll be better prepared for running one next time. :)In the log, can we move it up to immediately before Calpurnia came back? :)

cj x

In the log, can we move it up to immediately before Calpurnia came back? :)

That's what I initially thought of too, but after organizing it, I think the flow is better as it is after the little break. Check the log and see.

Edit: And summery is posted.

Creme Pudding, if you would like to join us for a session you are very welcome. I'm woefully bad at answering my mail right now because I'm doing 30 Tribunal Cases for November over on the Ars Magica forums, but if you are free next Saturday 12 noon GMT drop me a line at chrisjensenromer@hotmail.com if you would like to join in and see if you enjoy it.

:)

cj x

As cj is very bussy right now I put a question I asked him here.

For 2 Chars in the campaign I kind off missed what house they are.

First for Baruch I complet missed what house he are from even if I probably can rule out Criamon, Flambeau and Tremere.

Second Helpax mentioned he is ex-Tytalus?! So this means he is no longer of house Tytalus? If so what house have he joined or can he go to the Tribunal even without have to be in a house of Hermes?

Archived