Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

I'm unsure if I'll make it tomorrow. I'm going to try to, but I'm in the middle of some work stuff that will not let me go, and I might be up real late tonight finishing it and be unable to get up early tomorrow morning. We'll see. If I make it, great, if not... um... don't wait around for me or anything. I will try to make it, though, but I just want to give warning in case I can't.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyone who wasnt there today our flying city is around 3000 years old acording to Dirk (I added it to my updated city description).

Also I cant understand Calpurnia that she traded her self in for gaining a Posthorn of a troll.

Edit: (old Post put here to prefent double posting)

Well, I presumed, quite reasonably in this case, "wizard did it" for the outrageous productivity of our agriculture.

If I understand it corect its even a base function of the flying city to have this high production and the reason why we have the major boon Fantastic Environment.

One of the first thing I wanted to do as enchantment would be a wand that let a tree grow to maturity in just 1 day, sadly it turned out my char is not good enough for this.

@Mikka I hope you still manage to make it. :)

1. I didn't trade myself off, it was the bloody cat Momo, and technically yours for not stopping Momo from doing it.

2. I wanted to mess around with the horn as it could most likely be used to increase faerie lore. (well I got that idea after the fact but yeah)

3. Something bad is going to happen. This is a fact.

The silly thing is though that what the hell will you tell Antonius. I'm personally enjoying this greatly and think this is a awesome thing 1. I'm going to be able to do some of my ideas, 2. I'm in Scandinavia BRING ME THE SECRET MAGICS HAHAHAHAH, and I get to watch what Calpurnia would do. Also what do you think would happen if we suddenly refused the trolls offer, REVENGE later is what we would get. Technically I can still get back to the group. It just may take sometime, also the horn is mine once I get back so study it while you can. :P

It just may take sometime, also the horn is mine once I get back so study it while you can. :P

Yes, just leaving everything to Makara, he will have a fun time with the stars in your lab. :rolleyes:

Assuming you are gone for a whole season.

You might want to write up what happened yourself since you are technically the protagonist of this fairy story now.

Depends, I could simply be a main character at worse case scenario a antagonist. Well we will see I think CJ said he's going to do something with me to figure out what happens. How exactly well I will see.

Also didn't you already have fun times with the star ceiling, if you haven't I still need my book back from you then. And believe me if you do enter my lab and I can notice it. The book and horn aren't the only things I'm taking. (jokingly evil statement)

Hi chaps, I have replied to a couple of emails. I'll be pretty flat out on the pC all day, so if you want to email me questions I'll try and answer in my breaks :)

cj x

Also didn't you already have fun times with the star ceiling, if you haven't I still need my book back from you then. And believe me if you do enter my lab and I can notice it. The book and horn aren't the only things I'm taking. (jokingly evil statement)

Suddenly the horn fits you so well.

And no, I don't think we make the deal yet. Nor has CJ identify those two books for us yet.

The adventure has sort of ended. Do people ant to spend the season studying, or take Adventure xp? As the adventure xp will be only 5xp, and you were only away for a day or less, studying may be the way to go. I'll give 2 confidence to everyone who went on the boat trip, including Calpurnia, for a very short little story. :)

I have fired off some more emails now, do email me on chrisjensenromer@hotmail.com with questions.

cj x

Just notice we only have one tech book...

Have a lock at the tractus in the updated covenant list:

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2529&st=40

We have a tractus for all the missing Arts at 15 so you can go from 0 to 5 in this art in only one saison.

Edit:

Dirk like to claim one of this 2 NPCs if they have Woodworking + Dex at 6+ for either the winter or the spring so they can build him something.

Eannakur the Toolmaker (male): Year Born: 1183; Com: -2; Teaching: 3; Abilities: Athletics: 3; Bargain: 4; Carpentry: 4; Metalsmith: 5; Woodworking: 4; Toolmaker: 6; Edenic: 5

Hjordis the Metalworker (female): Com: 2; Teaching: 4; Abilities: Blacksmith: 7; Brawl: 7; Carouse: 5; Charm: 3; Cooperage: 5; Folk Ken: 3; Swordsmith: 3; Woodworking: 5; Metalsmith: 8; Angelic: 5

I presume the adventure didn't end yet, so no xp or confidence yet? Could someone post the log, I'm curious about the specifics of what happened :)

New log posted.

Just notice Aiden's char entry is missing. Please post a description for it, freespace.

I think he's looking for a description akin to those in the posts that are linked in the first post of the log thread. So a brief introduction of the character - Baruch's is like this:

"Baruch is older than the other PCs, a freshly-minted senior magus. He's colloquially OOC-known as the one shot pony, perhaphs in reference to his powerful weather magics. He's a nice guy, if a little spineless sometimes. Here's the standard description:

Baruch is a crouched, thin, bald man. His constantly worried expression has etched his face with a zig-zag of thin lines. He is accommodating to the point of submissiveness and attempts to avoid conflict whenever possible. Those who come to know him may learn to appreciate his exceptional intellectual curiosity and kind heart. He treats everyone, even grogs, with an unusual degree of respect."

I've been trying to grant him some spine along with his promotion, though, so this was more accurate earlier.

Hi all! I'm back.

Also belatedly realizing I'm slower than I usually give myself credit for. You can pick adventure exp while still gaining the benefits of your study? (as in, learning a new spell, but not being taught how to read.)

Sounds like a fun adventure, a shame I wasn't there to enjoy a bit of Scandinavia, but what can you do? :) Also good work abandoning Calpurnia, the city is safer for it, even if it is now doomed in the long run :P

I've also added myself to the doodle idea. I'm perhaps a bit optimistic, but should be able to enforce the days. :)

On an older matter, how much do I owe the shopkeep for the lavender oil? :)

Adrian: Yes, the system is as follows (correct me if I'm wrong):

You get to choose one source of exp points per season. Most of the time, you can choose between two sources: adventure or the exp from whatever long-time activity you were undertaking that season. I.e. if you only got 2 exp for exposure for learning a spell, it might be a good idea to take a measly adventure exp of 4. If, on the other hand, you were reading a book for 15, you might want to opt for that instead. There is the possibility, of course, of having 2 adventures in a season. I *think* in such a case the adventure exp doesn't stack, i.e. you have to choose between them if your seasonal exp is worse.

I hope so, it was a great deal of fun to write. :) Unfortunately we can't say anything about it until AFTER it hits the shops, though there may be some sneak peeks and Grand Tribunal UK and USA conventions in August!

cj x

Archived