Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

In Hermetic Projects it clearly says its on spell per realm and the spell I metioned is for Fearie so if CJ decide otherwise it have to be a house rule I don't know about and overwrite core rules as then the Demons Eternal Oblivion wouldn't work also!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can attend next Sunday (or Saturday for that matter).

As for Baruch's plan it seems quite good, Silas might argue that we should get a closer look at Libellus, simply to avoid traveling back to our Covenant. Antonius might want a hands-on, and Silas is slightly worried that Momo or Corbenik might report what happened to Antonius. Corbenik due to a sense of duty and Momo simply because he might not see a conflict of interest in doing so.

Silas would strongly prefer not having to stay and actively guarding the crown, perhaps looking for a magical alternative in the future if needed, or letting Gui take the task if we ARE going to the convenant. Gui would need to agree to this too though. As a mage Silas is potentially in a place where he could solve the issue by ritual/magic item...

As for Gustbran and knighthood... Well, strictly we mages don't know this unless Corbenik or Gust spill the beans on the trip. Whether Silas would ask him to embrace it... maybe... depends a bit on Gust. But I think that to Silas' mind it would mean no longer being a grog - which would be understandable. An oath might be needed to keep what he knows of the covenant a secret...

(Gust might be upgraded from Grog to companion here I suppose :) - not that he wasn't quite a bit of companion but now he might no longer be under covenant pay...)

Yes, he's a companion.

Though he tecnically is a companion Grog, so I didn't bother asking for it to be updated.

He also has room for more virtues since I never did fill the virtues and flaws completely.

Upgraded to companion status. Now work hard to earn that spot!

not that he wasn't quite a bit of companion but now he might no longer be under covenant pay...

If he pull it off, he gets to collect tax from his land or something as a Landed Noble major virtue. Also Weathy virtue. These two combo also allow you to build a large chapel or small castle too! And let him build the castle at any covenant he want with approval, so he can stay with us.

He also has room for more virtues since I never did fill the virtues and flaws completely.

If you need more flaw:

Close Family Tie: You already fullfilling it in this campaign

Favor: To us or city of ivory and jade if you want

Edit: Knight virtue also let you access to high quality weapon, armor, and horse. Think about that awesome spear you always wanted, now you can have a hundred of them. Just in case you broke or lost one. [/intrigue roll]

OOOOOOOOOOOH~!!!

But I can't help but believe that successfully pulling this off would almost force him into retirement (or at least semi-retirement) as a playable character, due to duties related to knighthood. I don't mind this personally if it would benefit the covenant as a whole, (and have a chance to kick some serious dragon-ass at the end of the story) but I'm not sure how it would work out... Due to the whole nonintervention with mundanes I have to question if some knight would be allowed to just build a castle in the covenant.

Maybe he could arrange to get some people to explore and repair the city though, or at least the most damaged/worn parts of it. It could be just the thing to put the covenant into a new Spring... Especially if any old labs are recovered in the underbelly with lots of magical goodies inside.

An important description from the Landed Noble virtue.

Wealthy Landed Nobles control more than one fief, and have bailiffs or stewards for each, so that they do not need to devote any time to looking after their lands.

Knight virtue however, would be tricky, but should be waive-able if you can convice William and/or king that you must be somewhere else to protect europe or prefer to go on an adventure lifestyle so you don't need to swore an oath. The key is not to swore an oath of service to the king...

Edit: Maybe say you want to 'retire' with a nice lord title or something.

Now there is a difference if he is actual a Baron ect. then he dont have to do the managemant and the protection him self but as Knight its his duty to do so for his Baron or what ever will be the next higher in his case.

Knight is the lowest rank in the world of the nobles and so all the dirt fall down to them.

Well, I think we can cross that bridge when we get there. Kinda funny turn of events for a one-shot character, eh?

Even if he gets retired though, he'll still find a way to help in spirit.

I'll be sad to see Gust go if it comes to that, it does open up for new less skilled grogs to mess up royally though...

(Best hope the knight that Baruch sent to the roof of the church back when we rescued Anna doesn't recognize you.... or.. maybe he should be glad if you don't recognize him!)

Sorry guys, I've got a nasty PC virus on my main machine. I've got to purge it, so I don't know if I can make it. It's wreaking havoc on my pc so I've got to cut it short. IF I'm not at the irc you know why.

'kay, makes sense either way. It would be good to know if the covenant survives before we plan too far into the future :P

I also just realized that Saturday was a no-go for me. I got a christening for a cousin's child, Sophia, and those things usually take more time than it should

Well, I THINK I purged it. I'm still good to play if my PC doesn't crap itself. I'm no longer getting constant alerts in my toolbar that I haven't been using their 'awesome financial trading' software.

gag.

Anyway, it took about a half a day to troubleshoot, but apart from picking up the hurricane trail of destruction it left in it's wake, I'm ready.

I only have 2 hours on sunday, so a week off it is.

and without Wits there is no player who can fly the boat to my knowledge.

Every mage has been shown that you just need to pat the wheel to start the boat so teaching it to someone will be very easy. The problem is that you need a high finesses + dex roll to not flip the boat and kill us all.

I hope Taitale will upgrade his chair into a bench at some point.

Archived