Black Chicken Studios Forums

An online Ars Magica session

Adrian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the witnesses, I was thinking Gust and Ramon. Gust because he is part family, Ramon partly because he has gotten in with Edith's good graces - and has taken an interest to find a substitute for the dowry. Other than that it is pretty open, we would likely still need to get some wedding bands, perhaps visit a tailor... though I am not sure they can work their magic in less than two hours...

I plan on letting Gustbran sit out this next adventure unless he's super critically needed. He needs to heal. Aiden it is. Even if it means it puts his learning any oblivion spells on hold.

Dang, looks like I won't make it before 13 gmt next Saturday. You can start without me and I'll join at 13, or we can postpone the game till 13, or we can play on Sunday. Any of these should work for me.

Thanks for the PM'd extra infos on the seniors, people, helps me a lot!

Btw. there might be a big problem with my and other adventures because the flying boat is broken thanks to the wife of Silas.

This also breaks our income souce.

To repair a damaged magical item it have to brought to the lab of a Verditius who have the Minor House Mystery Reforging Enchanted Items and who is good in vim magic.

The Verditius will then have to work on the item for one saison to fix it! (no Dirk don't have this secret even if he plan to learn it)

Its easy possible that repairing the boat could be more expenisve to make a new one as the price asked for this task usualy is 2x the Vis the Verditius could gater in one saison what is at last 4, more likely 6+ from the rolls given.

haha I had almost forgotten! Humm...

So, there are 3 options, less by far if Ramon is out of town, if the boat needs serious fixing and it isn't something that can be easily reattached:

1) Repair it. I am unsure if any of the other senior mages have the necessary virtues/tools to do so. Strictly speaking it could be purchased from someone in England as well, if Antonius knows of someone.

2) Make a new way of transportation. Taitale and Baruch did his Throne if I understand, maybe they can work out some way to make a new boat fly on the same principle?

3) Quite some time ago we nearly ran a cloud over, if you recall. Amaranth (who's quietly been working in her lab on lord knows what) ensured that we'd have an arcane connection to it. They have a floating ship. We need one... *whistles innocently*

1) I doubt so as it is a close guarded secret of the Verditius mages and if every mage could fix a broken magic item why is then this secret there.

2) Possible but will cost at last 1 saison maybe more for one of our mages as it was a level 34 ReHe Enchantment. (Dirk only get to a max of 43 if I didn't misscalculate and so couldn't do it in 1 saison)

3) Would be a seperat adventure where the GM need access to material from CJ.

1) ah, yes, but I was thinking that we might have/know of a Verditius mage either at home or in England.

2) Yeah, it'd be a cost, time and Vis wise - though surely the city would want to aid in this. It's dangerous for mages to be on a flying deathtrap, everyone would want a way save themselves. Still, it would be 4 vim vis and 4 rego/herbam...

3) Yep :)

Though before we start making too big of a fuss we might want CJ's post about the aftermath of our last trip. The boat might be easily fixed.

Ramon also have a chance to know someone who might be able to fix the boat or know someone who can build a new one as he have some points in Organization Order of Hermes Lore with focus on History and so i.e might know the famous Verditius of the Greater Alps Tribunal who invented this clan secreted and is still alive to my (player) knowledge.

Yeah, we should ask CJ what's up with the boat and Antonius. I think Baruch would vote for trying to find Antonius after we complete the ceremony, anyway - his guess is the possession might be over as we banished the drakes, and we can't just leave our covenant head stranded in the bush like that :D

I might actually be able to incorporate the forceful repossession of the flying ship that attacked us as part of my planned "senior magi" story, depending on what outcome the players bring about with that. I'll ask CJ if there's anything more he can tell me about that ship.

Schwarzbart: Why do you need the boat for your story? Can't Ramon bring us? Or does he plan to stay there afterwards, so we have to find a way back by ourselves?

Now its a huge difference if Sedala fly to the nearest Skysea entrance and then exit it 1-2h later near Barcelona or if the boat need nearly 2 days for the same distance.

The book is finished at last some days bevore Ramon will arrive at the city and the harvest should also transported to a city for selling.

As the world trembles, and the winter grows stronger, Ice may return to the circle. Yet most certainly, chaos has indeed returned.

(Not a part of that thing)

Well I'm done trolling in Europe. Back in my home city where its hot, humid, and apparently having constant scattered rain for 2 weeks.

Archived