Black Chicken Studios Forums
thezooqueen

Seeking Thy Shadow

I very much enjoyed it!

Also: "Why is Zul acting all mysterious and disappearing on me?"

That's normal for Zul. :)

Thanks for the translation, too!

I did not feel like being as cruel as you guys hehe besides I thought the little conversation was cute :) The little girl was cute!

I am glad you are enjoying it.

This is really great. It's definitely Sadie and Zul. I'll pass this on to the Team- I know they've been reading it. :)

Really? They have not commented on it. I figured they did not like it if they were reading it. Hehe I do not have the confidence of Sadie and Zul LoL

I think chapter 5 has been my favorite so far. It was hard putting to words all I was imagining. I hope I did well!! I hope you got a good image of what was going on. here is a picture of what they were seeing.

599826_425982090777675_359287622_n.jpg

It is now more commonly known as Bio Bay. In a bay of the Isle of Vieques. It is a tiny island of the coast of Puerto Rico. It really glows. I have family from Puerto Rico and I went to see it as a child. It is one really REALLY amazing site. Now it seems to be a tourist trap. I think I would still go back to it though if given the chance.

More information as to why it glows

The luminescence in Mosquito Bay (AKA Bio Bay) is caused by microscopic one-celled organisms called dinoflagellates. The micro-organisms' scientific name is Pyrodinium bahamense. They are part animal because they move around and part plant because they photosynthesize sunlight using chlorophyll. How or why do they glow? They emit a bright glow whenever they are agitated, or moved around, a built-in defense mechanism that makes these single-cell creatures seem larger than the actually are (1/500") to predators.

hehe :) I thought you might since you like music, but I figured I would post the version that I originally heard all the same as I have heard a few different styles of playing it. :)

This is cool. An ominous head beneath a waterfall...the stuff of adventure. :)

I am soo tickled pink you are enjoying it! That is why I keep writing. I do not know if you ever saw the movie Goonies. It is one of my favorites. If you have not seen it then you should!

I have! That's one of the greats, actually. Definitely an inspiration for Scheherazade, I would think. :)

I agree completely. And it is definitely an inspiration for the story I am writing. ;)

I am not sure how it could be considered a spoiler. But they are both about hunting for pirate treasure. There are actually several things I have gained inspiration from for this story.

Here is more name dropping.

Romancing the Stone, Black Beard, Indiana Jones, King Solomons Mines, Treasure Island, The Mummy, Tomb Raider, Fire Walker, Pirates of the Caribbean, The game itself, and several other movies, games, and stories, and historical references. So I hope you do not feel anything is spoiled. :)